Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Preschools in Galway

• 05-01-2011 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

My son is 3 and he is due to go to preschool in September 2011. I have no idea how to choose preschool. Can anybody help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

karandash wrote: »
    My son is 3 and he is due to go to preschool in September 2011. I have no idea how to choose preschool. Can anybody help?
    Hi Op, roughly what part of the city are you in and what part would suit you best?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 karandash

Somewhere around Taylor's Hill. We live in Knocknacarra.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

karandash wrote: »
    Somewhere around Taylor's Hill. We live in Knocknacarra.
    We sent our daughter to 'The Little Red Hen' and its not too far from Taylor's Hill and we liked it. It was ideal cos she was enrolled in Taylor's Hill primary school too so got used to the route as we drove from Knocknacarra too.
    I don't know too much about other places but we were happy.
    I'm sure there will loads of help on here OP.
    Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭amz5

Preschools (and most childminders) are registered with the HSE. Preschool inspectors check these out from a health and safety perspective (correct ratio, number of qualifed staff, etc). You can't get the report from the HSE, but the preschool has to provide the report if you ask to see it. A lot of people are not aware of this, so just letting people know. I'm sure that most preschools are adhering to the rules, but at least checking the report gives you peace of mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

Little Beginners which is located in St Endas National School on Dr Mannix Road in Salthill is excellent. My son went there and loved it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 karandash

Thank you for your help. I am going to make an appointment with them. Did you hear anything about Smarties montessori/preschool in Ocean wave Salthill?

Advertisement