Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White Pines Rathfarnham

• 25-10-2017 9:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭lovelystuff

Hello, I've been looking for more information online about this development as it looks to be in a good area. Does anyone have any idea on pricing? I've contacted Sherry Fitz and waiting to hear back, would love if anyone had any information on pricing or the development in general. Thanks!

http://www.whitepines.ie/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭ Joslyn Yummy Yogurt

Hello, I've been looking for more information online about this development as it looks to be in a good area. Does anyone have any idea on pricing? I've contacted Sherry Fitz and waiting to hear back, would love if anyone had any information on pricing or the development in general. Thanks!

http://www.whitepines.ie/

They are still only in planning stage and there is no prices yet according to the girl from Sherry Fitz who I was talking to last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭lovelystuff

BDJW wrote: »
    They are still only in planning stage and there is no prices yet according to the girl from Sherry Fitz who I was talking to last week

Good to know, thanks! I'm really hoping they're less than 400,000 for the three beds, other new developments in the area are expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Abbot's Grove, at the other end of Stocking Avenue would be a good guide. I'd expect that they will be looking for an increase on the prices achieved there.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Vudgie

BDJW wrote: »

If it is the site I am thinking of beside the halting site, they have started building and have some foundations etc in at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Vudgie wrote: »
    If it is the site I am thinking of beside the halting site, they have started building and have some foundations etc in at the moment.

Yeah I think this is where it is, it's the very top end of Stocking Avenue, on the roundabout that joins to Stocking Lane. Not a great location given the estate will be sharing a boundary wall with the halting site. Or at least it looks like it will when I was driving by the other day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 62429268

if you used the recent development in Ballycullen Green, where a 3 bed was €400k, you can expect these to be in the region of €420k. However I find the use of the address 'Rathfarnham' a bit of a stretch. Tallaght is closer! So don't be fooled by the address!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

62429268 wrote: »
    if you used the recent development in Ballycullen Green, where a 3 bed was €400k, you can expect these to be in the region of €420k. However I find the use of the address 'Rathfarnham' a bit of a stretch. Tallaght is closer! So don't be fooled by the address!
    Nah, it's Rathfarnham alright. Rathfarnham as an area is huge.

But yes, don't be fooled by the name Rathfarnham. It's not close to Rathfarnham village, it's outside the M50 and has poor transport links.

The halting site which is located beside it is notorious for criminal activity, dumping, roaming dogs, etc.
    Some examples of the choice individuals in residence there:
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/man-on--welfare-a-week-309736.html
    https://www.herald.ie/news/courts/mechanic-hurled-shoe-at-gardai-27946946.html
    http://www.fixyourstreet.ie/reports/view/70418

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭kerplun k

I ended up buying in Scholarstown Wood. It's very close to this site, but they also called it Rathfarnham, again, its closer to Tallaght, but more Knocklyon than Tallaght I reckon. I'm moved in about 3 months now, Its a grand area, nice and quiet. Absolutely no issues from the nearby halting site. I didn't even know it was there until last week, until one of my neighbors mentioned it me. My only real gripe with the area is the lack of amenities. Nothing withing walking distance, and the traffic in the morning can be pretty bad, but you could say that about almost any part of Dublin these days.

seamus wrote: »
    Nah, it's Rathfarnham alright. Rathfarnham as an area is huge.

But yes, don't be fooled by the name Rathfarnham. It's not close to Rathfarnham village, it's outside the M50 and has poor transport links.

The halting site which is located beside it is notorious for criminal activity, dumping, roaming dogs, etc.
    Some examples of the choice individuals in residence there:
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/man-on--welfare-a-week-309736.html
    https://www.herald.ie/news/courts/mechanic-hurled-shoe-at-gardai-27946946.html
    http://www.fixyourstreet.ie/reports/view/70418

I get the 15b. it stops right outside it and is frequent enough. As said in my last post, Its a very quiet area. I didn't even notice the nearby halting site until recently.

• Advertisement

....... wrote: »

:eek: Was this recent?
    I travel towards Newcastle each morning, and go down stocking lane and haven't noticed any dumping on the road, but I've only been here about 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,977 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Yes Ive noticed the building works starting alright - feel sorry for anyone who buys so close to that halting site. The dumping around it is so bad it has to be attracting vermin.

This is also the site were I passed by and a bare knuckle boxing fight had spilled out onto the road - blood everywhere.

Not to mention on top of the m50 too so probably quite noisy. Speaking of m50 there is 2 options(via Stocking Lane or Ballycullen Road) to get to it from there and both are notoriously bad especially in the mornings during school term. Between this estate, Abbots Grove, Ballycullen Green and the unfinished Scholarstown Wood things are going to get REALLY bad up around there in the next couple of years. Local residents have been hounding local councillors and TDs but they don't want to know

Scholarstown Wood is different to be fair. It's inside the M50 and has more route options for driving or walking or cycling. The halting site wouldn't affect you because there's a big motorway and a few estates in the way :)

White Pines will be right beside the halting site.

The original planning applications for building around there included shops, cafe, creche etc as a condition. But that was 15 years ago. One can only hope that the developers will be forced to build those amenities. If they do, then you're laughing. If they don't, then White Pines will be a long way from anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

I was initially looking at a new development down the road in Kncoklyon, Firehouse, and Sandyford. We missed out on one due to rising costs between the phases. After arguing with the bank, We ended up finding out that we only needed 10% of the deposit, but we saved for 20%, which allowed us to buy in SW, it was more expensive than what we planned, but it was a bit closer to the school.

The process of buying was such a horrible experience. Countless weekends of viewing places, getting into bidding wars, missing out on places, etc. it was depressing.

I’d say to anyone thinking of buying here, go view the area several times yourself, talk to people who live around the area and find out what it’s really like. Get your finances in place now. If you like what you see, get in early and purchase in the first phase. You’ll save yourself some time, stress and money. Your spending between 400k-600k, so getting something new is a big advantage to buying something that’s years old, plus your avoiding any bidding wars.

Boards can be a fantastic source for information, but take the negative comments on here with a pinch of salt, I was pulling my hair reading some of the comments from areas I was looking at. Every area will be overpriced, dodgy and have a poor build quality, these are things I read about SW after I bought. Do your own research, the more the better, and take the negatively with a pinch of salt.

Madness, sounds terrifying. I drive on stocking lane most days but never noticed the litter.

I try not to be prejudice but I really hate this sort of behavior.

White Pines is closer to Ballycullen than Ballycullen Green will be. From what I have seen online the 3 beds are advertised at c. €415 and the 4-beds at c. €470. I don't think they are official prices though.
    kerplun k wrote: »
    I ended up buying in Scholarstown Wood. It's very close to this site, but they also called it Rathfarnham, again, its closer to Tallaght, but more Knocklyon than Tallaght I reckon. I'm moved in about 3 months now, Its a grand area, nice and quiet. Absolutely no issues from the nearby halting site. I didn't even know it was there until last week, until one of my neighbors mentioned it me. My only real gripe with the area is the lack of amenities. Nothing withing walking distance, and the traffic in the morning can be pretty bad, but you could say that about almost any part of Dublin these days.

As seamus said Scholarstown Wood isn't really near the halting site so you wouldn't see any trouble from it. You have Prospect Manor, the reservoir, Airpark, the M50 and some farmland between SW and the halting site. Whereas when I drove by a few weeks back White Pines looks like it will be right on top of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭McGrath5

There is plenty of activity up on Stocking Avenue now thanks to these new builds.

However I would urge anybody thinking of buying here to look elsewhere, namely because of the next door neighbors. The amount of dumping that goes on from the travelers up there is a disgrace, also I would be reluctant to go walking on Stocking Avenue at night time, to me it just doesn't feel safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭ace_irl

I think with all the building going on up there it will be a really nice area in a few years once everything's been established. I live down the road from it in Orlagh and we moved there, there was literally nothing, not even a path down to the shops and now it's highly sought after and has a lot more going for it.

If they build the shopping center that was advertised originally then there will be plenty in the area. My main concern with buying up there is the infrastructure and the capacity of the roads and buses, they're already at breaking point in the mornings.

And I can't see how the school will cope, there's already waiting lists for the school from the time kids are born.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 JPFabo

Just drove by there yesterday, some houses now up to roof level, probably a Jan/Feb launch. I'd say the EA's and builder are seeing what reaction they get to the prices listed on myhome before deciding on the "real" price! Unusual to list prices this far in advance otherwise.

Personally you'd have to pay me to live there. You will, be living on the M50 (pollution/noise), you will have travellers as your neighbours (pollution/noise/unsociable behaviour) and the road network and amenities in the area are terrible, and thats being kind. The builders I'm sure will try to improve the look of the travellers entrance/road before launch with a clean and some landscaping, builders will probably pay them to go on holidays the week of the launch, the horse and carts going up ond down on launch day wouldnt look good!!

After looking at the house plans on SDCC website they look small, no driveways and limited open space. (abbotts grove/hunters wood type houses), all starter homes by the looks of it, which will be souless and full of rentals in 10 years when everybody moves on. Whether they eventualluy launch for the 415-470k price range are not, its a lot of money for what they are and where it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

There's zero infrastructure up there at all and they keep building more and more houses and apartments. Developers just seem to be dumping them all down with no amenities to support them. Travelling into the centre was tough when I lived in Stocking Well Row five years ago, I can't imagine what it's like now.

I don’t understand how they can get planning permission for all these houses. Traffic is already very bad around that area.

There’s was something supposed to be built around montpelier hill, but seems like people are objecting. Surely that’s what the area needs.

I don’t understand how they can get planning permission for all these houses. Traffic is already very bad around that area.

There’s was something supposed to be built around montpelier hill, but seems like people are objecting. Surely that’s what the area needs.

I think these issues have been brought to the attention of DCC but I can't even see how they could improve the infrastructure (road-wise) there's nowhere to even build extra roads to divert the traffic.

Buses are another issue. Depending on where you live you have one or two options to get to town (15 or 15B) I personally only have the 15 and I got it to work last week for the first time in over a year and it was beyond packed. I'm the third stop on the route so if it can't cope now, then it never will when everyone moves in up there.

The thing on Montepelier Hill, was that the visitor center for the Hellfire Club? Because that should never be built.

That's with ABP, hopefully it'll go ahead.

Yeah, something is going to have to give with traffic in that area. With yesterday's heavy rain, residents of Woodstown were reporting that it took them 45 minutes just to get out of their estate. I can't imagine what kind of pain people further up the road had to deal with.

I had made a suggestion for the local area plan that there needs to be a footbridge/cycle bridge across the M50 from Knocklyon Park to Orlagh Grove. This would massively cut down on congestion - most people from this area drive their kids to school because the walk is 20 minutes on a good day. If there was a direct walking/cycling route, many people would go with that rather than sit in traffic for half an hour every day.

Never heard anything back on the suggestion though :/

Yeah, something is going to have to give with traffic in that area. With yesterday's heavy rain, residents of Woodstown were reporting that it took them 45 minutes just to get out of their estate. I can't imagine what kind of pain people further up the road had to deal with.

I had made a suggestion for the local area plan that there needs to be a footbridge/cycle bridge across the M50 from Knocklyon Park to Orlagh Grove. This would massively cut down on congestion - most people from this area drive their kids to school because the walk is 20 minutes on a good day. If there was a direct walking/cycling route, many people would go with that rather than sit in traffic for half an hour every day.

Do you mean the field area where the big rock is? Or Knocklyon Park the housing estate down near Ballyboden GAA?

If it's the field, I don't think it would be feasible. The only place I can think of that would connect to is the field in Orlagh in between Orlagh Lawn and Orlagh Crescent and no one would be happy with it there. They'd have to knock down all the trees and most likely pave over a good bit of the field to make a path. It would ruin the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭ Joslyn Yummy Yogurt

According to the email I got for the preview night, they will be selling some houses off plan....3 bed mid terrace from 415K and 4 bed end of terrace from 470K

Yep between 10-12 today. I'd be interested to know if anyone bothered going to the launch event?

I was half thinking about maybe looking at buying here. But after seeing the mock up in the brochure they sent out yesterday it's out me off as the houses are not great looking from the outside. And the 4 bed Semi-Detached houses they had said were launching in Phase 1 are actually 4 Bed End of Terrace houses.

There was 24 houses going in Phase 1, I'd be shocked if they all go.

ace_irl wrote: »
    The thing on Montepelier Hill, was that the visitor center for the Hellfire Club? Because that should never be built.

Yep
    I just thought that if the visitor center and cafe was built, it would bring some tourists and life to the area. At the moment it’s too quiet and can be a bit dodgy, plus it could have a knock on effect and increase the amount of amenities around the area.

Yep
    I just thought that if the visitor center and cafe was built, it would bring some tourists and life to the area. At the moment it’s too quiet and can be a bit dodgy, plus it could have a knock on effect and increase the amount of amenities around the area.

I go walking up there every day (Massey Wood across from it) and it is always very busy. There is a fair bit of car break ins though (my dads car had the windows smashed in)

The roads up there can't cope with tourist buses and the likes. I don't think they can be widened as the land is all privately owned by the houses on the road. And there's no public transport in the area. It would just make the roads a nightmare to deal with and ruin the beauty of the area.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭thebsharp

For the most part developers are building in accordance with the Local Area Plan. It's hard to refuse permission when they're providing what you asked for. We have an issue at the high level planning stage where infrastructure is being planned, by the time we get to individual estates it's too late.

Advertisement