Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Day - 13th/14th October 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

kaahooters wrote: »

sort of the same as the way old dect cordless phones worked.... but for wifi.

Old DECT phones didn't work like that, newer ones do ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,452 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

MoodeRator wrote: »
    The new Echo Studio is also VERY tempting

That’s a great price, but I was really disappointed with the sound. It replaced a Sonos 3 and it’s no way near as good. Maybe that’s not a fair comparison, since it’s in more in line with the Sonos 1’s price point, but the 3 was ancient so you’d hope things had moved on. Alexa is great in it in fairness and a joy to not to use Sonos’ app. I’ll probably pick up a Sonos move to replace it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭audi02

TheDriver wrote: »
    Head over to the android forum, there's a thread about getting the most from the firestick. I have a smart TV but use the firestick for all smart functions.

Have you a link to thread please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

audi02 wrote: »
    Have you a link to thread please

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/post/114701987

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭degsie

Davy wrote: »
    Don't think their is a better option for a 3 piece mesh system in this price range.

Plenty of good alternatives out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

L'prof wrote: »
    I have a smart tv and even though it’s great that it’s all built in I’m still debating whether or not to buy a stick or a box for a less clunky experience

Do. I have a smart TV and it's nowhere near as smooth or functional

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Firestick is much more versatile than your standard Smart TV imo. I have 2 Smart TVs but I have Firesticks plugged into them and use them instead.

Also, as others have mentioned, why pay €100+ for Sky tv when you can (allegedly) pay 10% of that and get pretty much every station from all over the world with IPTV (allegedly).

Because if it's sport, you're always a minute behind. Allegedly. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭torrevieja

DubDJ wrote: »
    Amazon just announced that Prime Day will kick off from the 13th of October this year. Think it’s usually in July but later this year because of COVID-19. Hopefully there will be a few decent deals this year.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/primeday

I have Nighthawk Netgear Router would this work with this as well?

Also what is the difference between Firestick and Firestick Light?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭Masala

ablelocks wrote: »
    the euro amazon stores will also have prime day deals, but obviously you need to be a prime member for each country. (pity they don't do pan-amazon prime membership. Also, the prices for euro prime are less than UK - Spains is only €37 per year!)

They all have a 30 day free trial, but you need to have a payment address in that country.

Except Germany - I was able to join Amazon.de prime this morning for free for 30 days.

edit : just joined France prime too.

How many times can you ‘join’ the 30 days free programmer. ??? I think I joined before to get something but it fell thru. Not sure if I can get another free 30 days

• Registered Users Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭DubDJ

torrevieja wrote: »
    Also what is the difference between Firestick and Firestick Light?

The fire stick light doesn’t support Dolby Atmos sound and has a different remote with less tv controls. That’s the major difference really.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

Monokne wrote: »
    Do. I have a smart TV and it's nowhere near as smooth or functional
    I have roku ultra and it's clunky

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

Prime day is not as good anymore

bobbyy gee wrote: »
    I have roku ultra and it's clunky

Yeah I've a Roku which I plan on replacing. and I find it reasonably good but it's not as clean and smooth as Firestick. But both are better than the Smart TV's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭fdevine

Monokne wrote: »
    Yeah I've a Roku which I plan on replacing. and I find it reasonably good but it's not as clean and smooth as Firestick. But both are better than the Smart TV's.

Might be useful for anyone changing a TV - I got a Hisense Roku TV to replace a broken Philips "Smart" TV

Philips was awful. Hisense can add channels/sources to home screen for NowTV, Amazon, Netflix, Disney+, Deezer, YouTube & more with no boxes, sticks, dongles or remotes to worry about

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭kaahooters

Soarer wrote: »
    How would they compare to the Deco M4?

Wouldn't mind an upgrade, if they are an upgrade.

eero would be a bit better, but, unless you want to tinker stay with what you have is coverage is good.

the next option for an upgrade would be something like ubiquity nano hd

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ubiquiti-nanoHD-Access-UAP-NanoHD-MU-MIMO/dp/B07BYR6XDW/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=nano+hd&qid=1601374446&sr=8-1

but, that gets into "procumer" level stuff

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

sugarman wrote: »
    They generally let you do it once a year on the same account but theres nothing stopping you making a new account each time.

If you join say the FR site is delivery still free even to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭webels

eero would be a bit better, but, unless you want to tinker stay with what you have is coverage is good.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ubiquiti-nanoHD-Access-UAP-NanoHD-MU-MIMO/dp/B07BYR6XDW/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=nano+hd&qid=1601374446&sr=8-1

Deco is excellent very simple setup. Plug and play following the Deco app. Very customisable also. I use three of them in a farm house with 2 feet walls in places and has given me really good coverage throughout the house.
    Couldn't recommend more. Particularly if you get the 3 pack for £99.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

I’m hoping the Kindle goes on sale.
    In the market for a new one and already bought the official case for it a few weeks ago(even though I don’t have a kindle to put into it! Older ones don’t fit it).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭ablelocks

If you join say the FR site is delivery still free even to Ireland?

no, std shipping was 7.87 and express was 8.56 when i checked, german site slightly more

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

RasTa wrote: »
    What is the point of the fire stick btw? My TV already has all the apps mentioned on the website built in?

Would you be interested in selling the tv ? Pm me if you are thanks ,Cathal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭yannakis

Does this Ubiquiti create a Mesh?

I'm eyeing the Synology combo RT2600ac/MR2200ac and the Netgear Orbi RBK50, and counting on Camelcamelcamel :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,335 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

yannakis wrote: »

I'm eyeing the Synology combo RT2600ac/MR2200ac and the Netgear Orbi RBK50, and counting on Camelcamelcamel :D

I got the orbi last year. Nice piece of kit. A

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭47akak

Yes but iirc it creates it on a 5GHz channel only. So throughout over distance won't be great, probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Jayeire

Ush1 wrote: »
    Whats the chances of a discounted Nintendo Switch?

Probably zero discount on Prime Day.
    During Black Friday last year, there was a small discount on Nintendo Switch Bundles (console + game), but I don't remember there being any discount on the console if bought alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭kaahooters

yea the ubiquiti stuff meshes, but, the mesh is a replacment to your current routers wifi, not in adition to it.

so for my purpouses, i have 3 nano hds, one wired connection which the other 2 mesh to, with the isp routers wifi turned off.

they were all wired, but two were only on cat5 so speeds were limited, its faster for me on mesh.

if your intrested in it, check out :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAjBKnjAb_E

it can be a bit ... dry...

to be clear , if you dont want to tinker, dont get the ubiquity stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Spend £10 on select small businesses products and get a £10 voucher to use on Prime Day.

37-CAACFE-3173-4-FBE-A2-B9-F36-DF0-E0-EBFF.jpg

From the 28 Sept - 12 Oct if you spend £10 on the the store linked below you’ll get a tenner back to spend on Prime Day.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/supportsmall

Terms & Conditions: [URL] https://www.amazon.co.uk/b/ref=mh_s9_acss_cg_SBP01_1a1_w?node=22363955031[/URL]

You can check if the credit has applied with this link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/primedaycreditcheck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭fdevine

£5 off your next £25 spend if you install the Amazon Assistant Chrome Extension

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TheWatcher182

Hopefully they discount the annual prime membership again this year for prime day. Can anyone recall how much it was last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

fdevine wrote: »
    £5 off your next £25 spend if you install the Amazon Assistant Chrome Extension

Seems to be Prime Exclusive.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/BIT/aapromo?ie=UTF8&bitCampaignCode=a0050

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Hopefully they discount the annual prime membership again this year for prime day. Can anyone recall how much it was last year?

£59.99 - waiting on it too. I've only ever bought prime on prime day, and was paying the monthly 7.99 for August and Sept.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement