Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon Prime Day - 13th/14th October 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

slave1 wrote: »
    Forgot about the £100 for £110 offer and just checked my account and it didn't come through so onto Customer Service and they sorted it there now...

Ditto , thanks for the reminder

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Recieved a small package today and it was delivered by DPD, so Amazon have obviously added another delivery company to their books in Ireland for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

shocksy wrote: »
    Recieved a small package today and it was delivered by DPD, so Amazon have obviously added another delivery company to their books in Ireland for the moment.

I got my laptop via DPD last week. Some An Post and some Amazon. The most hilarious is that they're sending a £1.99 advent calendar via Amazon logistics. Surely cheaper to post

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Caranica wrote: »
    I got my laptop via DPD last week. Some An Post and some Amazon. The most hilarious is that they're sending a £1.99 advent calendar via Amazon logistics. Surely cheaper to post

They can work an Amazon logistics courier to death, Postmen have a union.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Basq wrote:
    Looks like you can share your benefits with your partner (or kids) at no additional cost.

Only thing to note is, prime video can't be shared in ROI so if you watch on different devices it can be a bit of a PITA especially when signing into any Amazon app on a phone usually signs you into all Amazon apps, ie, if you sign into prime video it usually signs you into that account on the shopping app, kindle app etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

My firetv stick got delivered to parcel wizard yesterday bit no confirmation email from parcel wizard..they gen have it in their network by afternoon..i am assuming they are overloaded with orders !

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

My firetv stick got delivered to parcel wizard yesterday bit no confirmation email from parcel wizard..they gen have it in their network by afternoon..i am assuming they are overloaded with orders !

Probably overloaded plus I don't think they scan items in over the weekend, won't get scanned until Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Kowerski

So was mine, I expect truck 1 is just fire stick s

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lemmno

I’ve been using parcel motel mostly for Amazon. My last few orders I’ve noticed once I click away from that default address to my usual ROI address the shipping isn’t affected at all. Just in case anyone else assumes it’s always cheaper, it hasn’t been for me in a while. Half of my prime buys arrived on Friday with an post, the rest have been despatched so I’ll see them on Tuesday. No delays at all, successful enough this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

lemmno wrote: »
    I’ve been using parcel motel mostly for Amazon. My last few orders I’ve noticed once I click away from that default address to my usual ROI address the shipping isn’t affected at all. Just in case anyone else assumes it’s always cheaper, it hasn’t been for me in a while. Half of my prime buys arrived on Friday with an post, the rest have been despatched so I’ll see them on Tuesday. No delays at all, successful enough this year!
    OmegaGene wrote: »
    Always worth checking for sure, my last order was 150 more going to Ireland with the kids fire 8 not shipping here at all

As long as you have a Prime Account it is better to use your home address , unless a product cannot be shipped to Ireland. Only then do you use your Parcel Motel, AddressPal etc.

If you have a regular Amazon account you are usually better off using your alternative account than your home address because if delivery charges. That is not always the case though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭Soarer

I impulsed an Xbox One X from the warehouse during Prime Day. Came in at around £237 delivered.
    I tried to cancel not long afterwards, but they said I couldn’t. Said if I wanted, just refuse delivery and it’d be returned to them.
    Already have an Xbox S, so I’m wondering if it’s worth holding onto the X or not?

BTW, it’s the kid uses it, not me. And he usually plays Fortnite.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Soarer wrote: »
    I impulsed an Xbox One X from the warehouse during Prime Day. Came in at around £237 delivered.
    I tried to cancel not long afterwards, but they said I couldn’t. Said if I wanted, just refuse delivery and it’d be returned to them.

I've noticed that the return date for anything bought between now and Christmas is Jan 31st so you have over 3.5 months to return it.
    https://tamebay.com/2020/10/amazon-2020-extended-christmas-returns-policy.html
    I can see people abusing this .

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

Soarer wrote: »
    Already have an Xbox S, so I’m wondering if it’s worth holding onto the X or not?

BTW, it’s the kid uses it, not me. And he usually plays Fortnite.

Probably not if its just for Fortnite - X has an optical drive alright and 4k - however for casual gaming the one S is fine

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭clickhere

Picked up my firestick that was delivered to my parcel motel locker yesterday. Got a nice surprise with 2 deliverys from the new local amazon driver today. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B072K5SFHG/

Picked this up on lightning deal. Anker are solid so just had a cursory glance and bought it. Always read the small print - doesnt support QC, just PD. Makes it a far less tidy solution when I need a second charger.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lankz92

Mine landed with them yesterday morning. Had a text around 5pm and an email late in the evening. Due monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Tippex

I ordered stuff on tuesday and wednesday last. Both sets of orders showing as delivery for this coming tuesday.
    Neither of the orders have bloody dispatched yet never had this happen before with Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Tippex wrote: »
    I ordered stuff on tuesday and wednesday last. Both sets of orders showing as delivery for this coming tuesday.
    Neither of the orders have bloody dispatched yet never had this happen before with Amazon.

I've had several like that didn't dispatch until Sunday, always came on the Tuesday though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

I ordered a microwave on Wednesday. Amazon said it would arrive this coming Wednesday. I got it today. Delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭drogon.

Monokne wrote: »
    I ordered a microwave on Wednesday. Amazon said it would arrive this coming Wednesday. I got it today. Delighted.

Sunday delivery ? Was it AnPost ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭clickhere

drogon. wrote: »

Got a nice surprise with 2 deliverys from the new local amazon driver today. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭meolwan

ordered some photography stuff got a call yesterday guy could not find my address got another call at 1.30pm today asking if I was home for the next 30 mins as he was on the way. Well pleased

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

drogon. wrote: »
    No.

I got a delivery last Sunday as well.

I've had Sunday deliveries via Amazon logistics but also DPD and an post. It's not unique to Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

I got Amazon delivery today from an post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Tippex

I bet they will be there for tuesday
    Amazon don’t feck about when it comes to dates from my experience

Just got my dispatch notices and now the expected delivery date has moved to wednesday on both Deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭ozmo

Got some deliveries of some early Christmas presents which the Alexa dot mouthed off exactly what was coming in the post to the family - ragin’ with her.

“Roll it back”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Sunday delivery from an post here with our new deebot. He has been happily cleaning the kitchen floor for us this evening. Need to set up a schedule for it to potter around while we are working as he’s fairly noisy

This has gone from bargains to
    I got my delivery/ my delivery is on the way

Because Prime Day is over? Next stop Black Friday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭septictank

ozmo wrote: »
    Got some deliveries of some early Christmas presents which the Alexa dot mouthed off exactly what was coming in the post to the family - ragin’ with her.

You have to ask her not to name content and she wont, bit late I know.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement