Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

George The Gnome

• 04-03-2012 1:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭

WTF!!!? How is this crap on the Radio in this day and age?

I've been listening to iRadio now for the last 2 weeks, not bad, iGoHome being by far the weakest link though. Is Fergal Darcy forced to play this utter utter Utter gnome shite or is it by choice??

Also, he has no decent games, doesn't really involve the listeners in any kind of meaningful way, puts on stupid voices, thinks he's some sort of nostalgia...whatever, whatever comes up, he's done it or he's had it, I think he's talked about italia 90 at least twice in the last few weeks, he never stops talking about ally..which wouldn't be so bad if she said abit more but you rarely hear her.

What else...I can't think...I'll add more tomorrow as I'll be forced to listen to him for another 5 days (Don't ask), I die abit inside come 3pm.

Edit:If he does play that Gnome shite by choice it makes him the worst DJ in the World.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,948 ✭✭✭DenMan

I completely agree. I can't stand that little fecking thing. Nothing worse than being out for a jog when it comes on. Annoying shrieking voice. Not a fan of his show at all. Back to Spin 1038 when it's on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

iRadio got **** when it changed to an all Ireland station.
    It was class when it was only the west and north west and called i102-104.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Sam Tyler

I'm inclined to agree with your some of your comments op.

However I've met Fergal Darcy a few times and he's a decent guy. It can't be easy producing a show 5 days a week and keeping it fresh and interesting.

I do think that since the show has been networked that it's trying to be everything to everyone. It has cult following in the west. Fergal does need a decent co-host to bounce off.

I do think it's lost it's serious edge, it's used to be very topical with issues of the day etc and real issues that mattered with people. I remember listening one day and hearing an email being read out and I was completely hooked by the contents of it. The discussion after was great radio.

Yeah the Gnome is pretty annoying, I really don't think it's played by choice!

And no I don't work for iradio!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

iRadio got **** when it changed to an all Ireland station.
    It was class when it was only the west and north west and called i102-104.

Its not an all-Ireland station. Only the northern half.

Advertisement