Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Restoring old zetor tractors .............

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

corkdad wrote: »
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone reading this can give me advice on where I can find someone near Cork City to repair the diesel pump on my Zetor Tractor (6911). I had a lead on someone near Waterfall, but alas the gentleman passed away.
    I would be very grateful for some advice.
    Ta,
    Corkdad
    As in injector pump?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 corkdad

Hi Tomwaterford,
    Yes the injector pump. The tractor is very hard to start and hunts like mad unless you have the throttle at least half open. Overall the tractor is in reasonably original condition, and I want to start restoring it slowly now. (I could also use it at the moment!)
    Ta,
    John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

corkdad wrote: »
    Hi Tomwaterford,
    Yes the injector pump. The tractor is very hard to start and hunts like mad unless you have the throttle at least half open. Overall the tractor is in reasonably original condition, and I want to start restoring it slowly now. (I could also use it at the moment!)
    Ta,
    John
    Hardly something silly like drawing air on orings around filter etc
    Or on lift pump??

There's gleesons (think thats their name) in cashel...or wexford diesel

Be careful for timing when removing it

• Registered Users Posts: 19 oldskooler

fair play terry. your still hard at it i see. fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 war29

rayc1981 wrote: »
    Thanks for the information, I will try during the week.

Hi did you ever get in contact with that lad in Clare I'm just starting into a rebuild on a 2511 and will have to get mudguards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 war29

Any idea where I would find the piece that connects the front light to the panel of the tractor. Currently the 2511 that I am restoring is missing one. Theres a close up of one on the 2511 post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 donald_dukw

This forum topic restoring  old Zetors has a lot to answer for.  I've been lookin for  a Zetor 5711 and had one bought. Even ordered steel mudguards for it. Last minute deal fell through  as it was sold from under me.   They'll be going on ebay I guess. 
    Long story short, I bought an old 1986 Zetor 8011 to do up keep  with my 2 little MF 35's ( one is a vineyard  model ).  I'm in England and second hand bits are hard to get hold of.
    I need to fiind an original seat, passenger seat and toolbox. Is there any Zetor breakers in Ireland that might have these bits?
    [font=Open Sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks.[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 3 donald_dukw

I ordered new wings and paint from John Conaty.   I have the red and  beige paint ordered  but should the cab be painted silver or Beige?

Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭JimTreacy

This forum topic restoring  old Zetors has a lot to answer for.  I've been lookin for  a Zetor 5711 and had one bought. Even ordered steel mudguards for it. Last minute deal fell through  as it was sold from under me.   They'll be going on ebay I guess. 
    Long story short, I bought an old 1986 Zetor 8011 to do up keep  with my 2 little MF 35's ( one is a vineyard  model ).  I'm in England and second hand bits are hard to get hold of.
    I need to fiind an original seat, passenger seat and toolbox. Is there any Zetor breakers in Ireland that might have these bits?
    [font=Open Sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks.[/font]
    There is a lad in Rathdowney Co. Laois called Neville Stanley he does all tractor parts especially old Zetor, I don't have his number but I used him years ago when I started out. If you look him up on the internet he might be able to sort you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭JimTreacy

The Zetor were like the old Hino lorries years ago used and abused lads keep them going to the last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 chrissheeran

Hi - long shot here as this has been inactive for a while. Does anyone know of someone with a 3011 for parts in ireland? Restoring mine and need parts like bonnet, seat, air filter etc.. would be handier than buying all parts from Czech republic. Thanks

Advertisement