Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying mig welder

• 05-05-2017 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Anyone know if a murex mig welder 260 is any good ? Single phase ..for restoration work

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

It's a good make. New/used ?

260 amps is way more than is needed for car body work.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Billyw75

1.618 wrote: »

Thanks I know it's big alright but it's a vintage truck I'm working on and need some chassis bits welded . I know you would get away with a smaller one for body work

It's fairly new hasn't done much and welding fine just wanted to know were they a good or bad brand ta

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

Well, as said it's a good brand and there are agents around the country (parts/service etc). If doing thicker material also then it's fine.

Well, as said it's a good brand and there are agents around the country (parts/service etc). If doing thicker material also then it's fine.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 BillyFord

Great Welder.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭FirstinLastout

I know this is bit of a Zombie, o it at least a semi-zombie, thread but I have a related question.

I'm in the market for a new MIG and wondered if anyone could make any recommendations and/or sources.
    Preferably not UK based.

The usual for auto body restoration, light structural/machinery welding.
    25 - 180amp(ish) with a good quality touch.
    €500 max.

Not interested in SIP, had a Migmate and it was a ball ache.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Notch000

I know this is bit of a Zombie, o it at least a semi-zombie, thread but I have a related question.

I'm in the market for a new MIG and wondered if anyone could make any recommendations and/or sources.
    Preferably not UK based.

The usual for auto body restoration, light structural/machinery welding.
    25 - 180amp(ish) with a good quality touch.
    €500 max.

Not interested in SIP, had a Migmate and it was a ball ache.

Thanks

what was wrong with the mig mate ??

Torch was less than great with the switch eventually failing. Limited power settings using the usual series of switches was less than ideal with only, I think, 6 power settings.
    But it was the line feed that sucked, this is commonly acknowledged as a big weakness.... just look on mig-welding.co.uk/forum/

This was the black Sip Migmates not Sip green.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Notch000

been researching this myself for a long time. I cam across a post about RTeck inverter mig 180A, Review are all 5* across multiple suppliers. There a bit pricer tho at about 600+ euros. Im going to pick one up in the near future

• Advertisement

Just noticed that I'd never replied to this thread on the Mig welder, and in case it helps someone doing a similar search...

I purchased a Parweld Mig from WEB in Sligo town, partly to have an agent at hand/someone to shout, mutter & moan at in case of something going wrong.

Parweld mig welder xte 201, 200amp primarily intended for automotive type welding.

So far so good, very happy with the machine and unless something changes in the near future to make me think otherwise I can't see why I wouldn't recommend it.

Advertisement