Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TV for Kitchen

• 27-09-2019 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi Lads,

I'm looking for a tv for the kitchen and couldn't get my head around all the models and technologies out there in the market now.

As this is for the kitchen I guess up to 40" would be okay. Budget is around 300.

Can anyone recommend a TV?

Comments

40" sounds large for a kitchen, do you have a dining area or something, "kitchen" TVs are usually small screen units that sit on a worktop.
    If just for simple viewing of on air programmes, just about anything would be OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 LionKing7

dolanbaker wrote: »
    40" sounds large for a kitchen, do you have a dining area or something, "kitchen" TVs are usually small screen units that sit on a worktop.
    If just for simple viewing of on air programmes, just about anything would be OK.

Thanks for the reply.

I'll go ahead with a 32 inch tv and will be put on the wall.

3 Models are on mind.
    LG 32" Smart TV
    Samsung UE32N5300
    Sony Bravia KDL32WE613

Would anyone has any suggestions?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

If it's being hung on the wall, maybe you do have more space for a larger screen?

Of those three, I think you'd not go wrong with any of them. I've not used or seen the Samsung, so not sure about how good it is, tho reviews seem positive. The PQ on the Sony is better than the LG, in my opinion, however, the smart features on the Sony are rather lacking compared to LG.

Have you seen all 3 running? If so, maybe you could get the lend of the remotes to see how the User Interfaces and features compare and pick whichever suits your needs best.

If the smart features are important, it might be no harm to see the smart features on the televisions in a shop to see which you prefer.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,379 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Do you need it to have a satellite tuner built in? Or will you be using pay tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 LionKing7

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Do you need it to have a satellite tuner built in? Or will you be using pay tv?

It would be handy if any of those models or any other 32" tv has that as well

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

The LG's generally have a satellite tuner (just check the model first).

The Sony definitely doesn't, and I'm pretty sure the Samsung doesn't either, looking at specs.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Souness

LG best bang for buck out there

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

LionKing7 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.

I'll go ahead with a 32 inch tv and will be put on the wall.

3 Models are on mind.
    LG 32" Smart TV
    Samsung UE32N5300
    Sony Bravia KDL32WE613

Would anyone has any suggestions?
    If you havent yet purchased I highly recommend logging on to LaptopsDirect.ie and see what price those models are selling for,
    They ship for around €15.00 via DHL
    I saved over €400 on three Samsung televisions by purchasing from LaptopsDirect
    I most recently saved €80 on a Dell monitor which LaptopsDirect supplied to me for €80 less than purchasing directly from Dell excluding shipping for which dell wanted a further €40 to ship
    Compared to LaptopsDirect charged me €12.75

• Registered Users Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Years ago i bought a Hannspree tv around 38 or 40 for my kitchen as i like big and it just uses built in saorview. 2 hdmi cables go through box conduit with other cables to an alcove where i have 2 sat boxes as one is on 28.2 + access to other recordings from other boxes.Second box is using client mode from another box .

One reason i found out not spending too much on tv is how much cooking goes on in your kitchen ,smells like deep fat fryer and steam can go a long way.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 MoMo2020

LionKing7 wrote: »
    Hi Lads,

I'm looking for a tv for the kitchen and couldn't get my head around all the models and technologies out there in the market now.

As this is for the kitchen I guess up to 40" would be okay. Budget is around 300.

Can anyone recommend a TV?

As its for a Kitchen, I'd recommend searching in Adverts.ie to find a secondhand tv. lots of options around the 30-40 inch models.

• Advertisement
Advertisement