Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nicest fragrance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

frag420 wrote: »
    Creed Aventus, it’s a little know frag that’s gaining popularity haha

Otherwise known as sex juice - have a bottle of this and only wear it for special occasions but by god it smells phenomenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Been quiet here. What fragrances are people liking at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭youngblood

I need another Club De Nuit/Aventus fragrance!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

youngblood wrote: »
    I need another Club De Nuit/Aventus fragrance!

Al Haramain L' Venture. Excellent Aventus clone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,533 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Passenger wrote: »
    Al Haramain L' Venture. Excellent Aventus clone.

Must say I find Mont Blanc Explorer to be a very good clone. Cheap too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

I really like Jaipur by Boucheron. Been wearing it for quite a few years. Seems to be a bit out of fashion as it can be purchased online very cheaply.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭chancer007

I bought club de nuit last year based on recommendations here, wow, what a fragrance.
    incredible strong smell, lasts for days left on shirts...am also on the lookout for something similar

chancer007 wrote: »
    I bought club de nuit last year based on recommendations here, wow, what a fragrance.
    incredible strong smell, lasts for days left on shirts...am also on the lookout for something similar

Bought L'Venture for €20 and it's 9/10 identical to Aventus. So identical that I'm not gonna bother buying Aventus again.

Bought L'Venture for €20 and it's 9/10 identical to Aventus. So identical that I'm not gonna bother buying Aventus again.

Where do you get it for that price?

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Rootsblower

Velvet Desert Oud by D&G is really nice.

• Advertisement

adox wrote: »
    Where do you get it for that price?

Found a bargain on ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭kankicker

you can,t beat brut . girls love it .

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Rootsblower

kankicker wrote: »
    you can,t beat brut . girls love it .

Naa the one for the wimins is Yardley Gold with Daley Thompson on the box, better than sex panther!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Jiveartist

Rochas MAN is a great scent, been wearing it for years can only get on main land Europe or via inter web net.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Found a bargain on ebay.

With amazon no longer selling to IReland / Parcel motel, where is the best place only to get either Club De Nuit or L'Venture?

Thanks!

whiskeyman wrote: »
    With amazon no longer selling to IReland / Parcel motel, where is the best place only to get either Club De Nuit or L'Venture?

Thanks!

ebay is the best I could find.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,977 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

frag420 wrote: »
    I was talking to my colleague this morning, we were discussing colognes/fragrances as I have bought in the Fragrance thread previously and was telling him about it. The discussion moved onto one guy in the office who always smells nice, not over powering, very fresh smell all day everyday!! We were trying to figure out what it is and one of the girls mentioned body mist?

Has anyone tried these? Any recommendations?

We did think that it may just be our noses not picking up our own scents due to being familiar with the smell but open to any recommendations!

Also to note that the smell did not seem like a cologne/aftershave kind of smell, just a fresh out of the shower kind of smell if you get me!? Also the chap is rarely in the office so its difficult to ask him what he is using!
    This post has made me curious.
    Have you asked him yet??? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Valetina Umo is absolutely beautiful. It lasts for a long time . The bottle is beautiful too.

Bought Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit EDT today. Never used any of the range before so hope I like it when I actually put it on

Blind bought a bottle of Mugler Pure Havane from Debenhams online.

First off I have to say great service. I ordered late Sunday night and chaise the standard free delivery(there was a faster paid for courier service also) and it arrived at my workplace this morning.

Had a sample spray a while ago and it’s certainly different than anything I’ve worn before. Initially very strong on tobacco and cherry but it settles down and now is a lovely combination of cherry vanilla and tobacco.

The one annoying thing is the built in atomiser in the plastic bottle which kinda spits out the fragrance rather than sprays it. :D

After initially being underwhelmed, the longer this sits on the skin the nicer it smells. I reckon it will be a few days before I decide whether I really like this or not. I’d imagine it’s a pretty polarising fragrance that people will really love or really hate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Felix Jones is God.

Currently wearing Penhaligons "Halfeti" ..soft leather... spice ... perfect for a cool autumn morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Blind purchase of Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Malt , heard some great reviews on it so hoping for a good winter fragrance.
    Also got a bottle of Tom ford Nor Extreme - it has an amazing fragrance, turned a few heads and lasts ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ashleigh1986

Some frangances I've purchased lately include ...
    Aventus creed / green Irish tweed
    Xerjoff Nio
    Roja enigma
    Parfum de marly herrod
    Parfum de marly Layton .... A lot depends on your own taste .
    Some frangances don't suit some skins .
    They may not last long on some skins .
    I prefer the fresher smelling frangances .
    Best advise is to buy smell sample sizes until you find a scent that suits you .
    I've heard some good comments on a " frangrace house " called Nishane .
    It's a Turkish brand .

BrookieD wrote: »
    Blind purchase of Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Malt , heard some great reviews on it so hoping for a good winter fragrance.
    Also got a bottle of Tom ford Nor Extreme - it has an amazing fragrance, turned a few heads and lasts ages.

I have Pure Malt and really like it although I prefer Pure Havane. Both great winter fragrances though and quite distinctive.

I’ve been meaning to try and get into a store to sample Noir Extreme. One I’ve had an eye on for a while but would like to try first.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

Does anyone use any of the mens/unisex range from Diptique?

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭chancer007

bought the MontBlanc Explorer..nice fragrance,not overly expensive, lasts a few hours,not as long as CDN..
    anyone else with more recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

chancer007 wrote: »
    bought the MontBlanc Explorer..nice fragrance,not overly expensive, lasts a few hours,not as long as CDN..
    anyone else with more recommendations?
    I tried it the other day in Arnotts, on sale there. Yeah it was nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I currently have the following in my bathroom :

Dior Sauvage
    Dior Fahrenheit
    Boss Bottled
    Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male

I must be using Fahrenheit over 20 years now. Love it, was one of the first fragrances I purchased and always have a bottle on the go. Smell lingers on me all day. My nephew's have referred to it as an old man's smell

• Registered Users Posts: 16,467 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I've very recently become a fan of Tom Ford's Black Orchid.

Quite niche, but lovely IMO.

• Advertisement

I currently have the following in my bathroom :

Dior Sauvage
    Dior Fahrenheit
    Boss Bottled
    Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male

I must be using Fahrenheit over 20 years now. Love it, was one of the first fragrances I purchased and always have a bottle on the go. Smell lingers on me all day. My nephew's have referred to it as an old man's smell

I don’t like Dior Farenheit. Everyone has their preference but it’s one I really dislike

Advertisement