Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Mobile SIM only €14.99 per month

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Again, if people want the 12 months deal you cant go to the shop and get it, its in the T&C linked earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭bromley52

I rang 1800 303 719 to enquire about this and I must say their customer service is awful.
    A guys answered the phone from Eir sales and I might as well have been talking to Mike over the road. No effort what's so ever to try and get me to sign up and everything was "yes/no". Heavens forbid if I had a problem.

I was seriously interested until that call.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭DopeTech

worst company in Ireland by a stretch at this stage, avoid like the plague

Their network is generally good but if you ever have to contact them you may as well just blow your brains out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

If people dont port to other networks, everyone will pay higher prices in the long run so its good to swtich. My advice is to try it if paying more than this currently.

Then if you do have trouble with Eir, you can port away at anytime when on the 30 day sim only plan. Mobile wont have many problems compared to broadband/landline. Support will improve but it will take time as they move from external back to internal support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ Marcus Mushy Suntan

The company is going down the toilet. 13k jobs down to 3k and now they want to cut another 1k , it's no wonder why their services are falling over and customer service has gone to the dogs. Their corporate side is the same. Multiple account managers in the last year and they've all left the company. No one available to answer queries regarding services.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭dunleas

fixxxer wrote: »
    Correct. I'm not a BB customer with them. Filled in the request call back on the One big Switch site. Got the call back signed up for 12 Months @ 14.99 per Month.

Multiple account managers in the last year and they've all left the company. No one available to answer queries regarding services.

I thought that was just me! Corporate care is shockingly bad a the moment. Even the higher up members don't seem to give a damn. If they continue like this I'd hate to see what their customer numbers look like in 1-2 years. The company I work for will certainly be looking elsewhere. Like most companies we rate customer service/support quite high. We'll be willing to pay more if someone else can provide a better service.

Back on topic I think I may try this deal out but if I have any problems I'll be back to Vodafone X in a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gomara

Spent 45 minutes waiting for loyalty team but it was worth it. I'm a BB customer. Mentioned sky 35pm deal and was offered broadband, home phone with anytime calls and 2 mobiles 30gb data rolling contract for total eu64 per month a reduction of 30pm. I had 2 mobiles on the 10pm rate due to finish in may but now extended for a year. Had to agree new 12 month contract for BB and phone, still a good deal.

gomara wrote: »
    Spent 45 minutes waiting for loyalty team but it was worth it. I'm a BB customer. Mentioned sky 35pm deal and was offered broadband, home phone with anytime calls and 2 mobiles 30gb data rolling contract for total eu64 per month a reduction of 30pm. I had 2 mobiles on the 10pm rate due to finish in may but now extended for a year. Had to agree new 12 month contract for BB and phone, still a good deal.
    What number did you call? The number in the link says they are Monday to Friday 9-7

• Registered Users Posts: 10,610 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Anybody know the max number of sims allowed under this deal?

• Advertisement

As far as I know it's 5 Sims and I just rang 1901 they transferred me to loyalty

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭corks finest

Interesting comments. Never had a problem when I had my mobile with them. Only switched as there were cheaper options.
    If you haven't been ****ed about by eir you haven't been a customer of theirs -simples- worst shower of God's earth, avoid,avoid,avoid.

The company is going down the toilet. 13k jobs down to 3k and now they want to cut another 1k , it's no wonder why their services are falling over and customer service has gone to the dogs. Their corporate side is the same. Multiple account managers in the last year and they've all left the company. No one available to answer queries regarding services.
    Eir haven't got a customer care team- just rubbish

bromley52 wrote: »
    I rang 1800 303 719 to enquire about this and I must say their customer service is awful.
    A guys answered the phone from Eir sales and I might as well have been talking to Mike over the road. No effort what's so ever to try and get me to sign up and everything was "yes/no". Heavens forbid if I had a problem.

I was seriously interested until that call.
    Yes dismal care they should be called not customer

I have to say I’ve never had an issue with them. I’m happy to have my BB with them as they’re the ones that have to fix any line issues (I’ve had 2 in about 3 years). All the other providers have to call Eir anyway and they are going to prioritise an Eir customer. They are currently moving to 3 Irish call centres. When I rang 1901 got a friendly girl in Sligo. The call system told me I’d have to wait 20 minutes but she answered instantly. The only delay was transferring to Loyalty team which took over30 minutes, but they were apologetic and helpful.

I have to say I’ve never had an issue with them. I’m happy to have my BB with them as they’re the ones that have to fix any line issues (I’ve had 2 in about 3 years). All the other providers have to call Eir anyway and they are going to prioritise an Eir customer. They are currently moving to 3 Irish call centres. When I rang 1901 got a friendly girl in Sligo. The call system told me I’d have to wait 20 minutes but she answered instantly. The only delay was transferring to Loyalty team which took over30 minutes, but they were apologetic and helpful.
    You should take up gambling _ sure winner,I went through months of hell with them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

GBX wrote: »

^Free eir Sport available until 31/05/19.

Hmm I wonder what happens in June

• Registered Users Posts: 5,710 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Again, if people want the 12 months deal you cant go to the shop and get it, its in the T&C linked earlier.

A relation got it in the shop (the 9.99 for 12 months with b/b)

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

Do you work for EIR?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭bromley52

Has anyone with Eir or who has been with Eir for mobile only had issues with customer service?
    I'm currently on Vodafone Student PAUG and dont want to leave it if Eir are truly as bad as people are saying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

I've been with Eir in every conceivable variation (mobile online, mobile/landline/bb etc). The actual service has for the most part always been fine - very few times where something has been down. The issue is if something goes wrong, it's an absolute nightmare to sort through customer service.

Example recently was that my wife bought a phone on bill and they assured us int he shop the bill amount would stay the same as what she was paying previously. This of course didn't follow through on the 1st bill and it took 4 months to sort it out in total, with more 1 hour+ waiting time calls made that I'll like to even think back on.

That said, I wanted to change my package to the deal from this thread this morning and while I did spend 30 minutes waiting, I got through to someone in Cork who got our overall bill (broadband/landline/2 x mobile) down from 135 p/m to 54 p/m in about 5 minutes. So something may be changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

bromley52 wrote: »
    Has anyone with Eir or who has been with Eir for mobile only had issues with customer service?
    I'm currently on Vodafone Student PAUG and dont want to leave it if Eir are truly as bad as people are saying.

I was with Meteor (owned by Eir, just before they rolled them into one) , so presume it was the same "customer service".
    They unilaterally changed the terms of my contract and increased the price, repeatedly failed to show any justification for the price increase, claimed they didn't have a copy of my contract, overcharged me for 6 months while dispute was ongoing. Eventually I cancelled the DD (confirmed in writing with them before and after that I was cancelling it and why) and paid correct amount manually every month - 3 months later they set up a new DD mandate without my permission, had to blacklist them with my bank to prevent them doing it again.

They fleeced me before on a landline too, charged me a connection fee which wasn't due, after telling me it wouldn't apply before I signed up. Then threatened to sue me for a disconnection fee if I didn't pay up.

If they were my only option I'd get two tin cans and a piece of string instead. Avoid them like the plague.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭davehey79

i'm with them myself for mobile service since god knows when and have never had any issues, maybe i'm just lucky.
    Parents have BB & phone with them and barring a few issues on contention rates that i had to sort for them over phone which yes was to India its not been too bad at all. They had Sky BB previous to that and it was similar issues and similar outcome for fixes tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Bazzy

We've Fibre to the home with them landline unlimited calls and got the free sports on our sky box

I am on pay as you go with them and herself was on sim only for 24.99 a month

Rang and ordered two sims got thru ok a call centre in cork and they got ordered 9.99 a month

I rang for loyalty a while ago our contract was nearly up and went off to ponder and to be fair they called me back to follow up

Havent had many more problems the f2000 modem is a piece of gack but ringing eir is not going to reengineer that for me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭banchang

Can you keep your own number if you move to this Eir deal ?

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Hmm I wonder what happens in June

Obviously reading your quote!
    Now to end July as per website.

Free eir Sport available until 31/07/19.

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Can you keep your own number if you move to this Eir deal ?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Worst customer service ever. I am with Meteor sim only plan for some time and before that for years on bill pay. Never had much issues contacting CS before.

Once it changed to Eir, cant seem to get hold of them.

28th Nov 2018 - There was some sort of deal on Sim only plan. Tried to contact through phone, never got through even once. Then tried the chat and after more waiting, finally found someone.

Explained that I am on a old sim only plan and now want to go to the new plan. He again started taking details of everything, addredd, direct debit... etc even though everything was there in the system. I asked why, he said the only way to do it is setup a new order and cancel old. So he supposedly did what was required (took 40-45 min on chat), I got a confirmation mail as well about the order as well.

April 2019 - New order still pending - nothing changed, not sure what happened to it. Still on old plan. Tried to contact again through chat and they said you have to call sales team. Sales team never picks up the phone. In the end I just give up.

Absolutely don’t work for EiR, I have no connection to them whatsoever other then as a customer, but I felt I needed to provide a slightly more balanced opinion on the service as I’ve experienced it..... it seems everyone who has experienced ok service is ‘lucky’. Maybe that’s true but keep an open mind, there are plenty of competitors who’d love to slag off Eir here too

• Advertisement

Did anyone call Vodafone to see what deals they offer for broadband and mobile sim only combined?

Tempted to ditch virgin and go for fibre broadband and eir mobile for a year and see how it works out but not sure as I'm used to the reliability of Virgin broadband and Vodafone network!

Advertisement