Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Weather

• 14-05-2020 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Probably a bit of a strange one, But has any else noticed that the weather has been extremely unusual since lockdown measures announced? It would make you wonder, do the planes in the sky, cars/lorrys on the road & unnecessary traffic indeed have an affect on our weather.
    Grandparents have always said that the summers were nicer when they were younger, wonder if in fact there is some truth in it...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

That did cross my mind. But I would have expected a bit of a lag. As things stand its barely rained and has be quite sunny since the day the lockdown started. In Dublin anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

I've never seen weather like this since the lockdown started. (Galway zero rain).

It's like paradise or something. Maybe we all died.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Ye it has been unusual. So many bright days with clear skies and Sun. Still a bit cool but the air seems more fresh.

But look at Saturday. Really warm then how quickly the temperature changed. Haven't ssen much rain in a long time either. Great for drying the clothes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭vickers209

anyone else notice sea water along beaches seems really clear also since this started

• Registered Users Posts: 6,335 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Did C19 cause the sun to shine? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭daithi7

buckbuk91 wrote: »
    Probably a bit of a strange one, But has any else noticed that the weather has been extremely unusual since lockdown measures announced? It would make you wonder, do the planes in the sky, cars/lorrys on the road & unnecessary traffic indeed have an affect on our weather.
    Grandparents have always said that the summers were nicer when they were younger, wonder if in fact there is some truth in it...

I think that's what's known as a.....

.... coincidence!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,834 ✭✭✭pauldry

Rain back in the West and North now.....for the rest of May

• Registered Users Posts: 22,123 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

vickers209 wrote: »
    anyone else notice sea water along beaches seems really clear also since this started

No cause I’m locked in my house

I have noticed some spiders

And the grass in my garden is various colors of green

• Registered Users Posts: 6,834 ✭✭✭pauldry

Our grass is yellow but will be green by this day next week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

pauldry wrote: »
    Our grass is yellow but will be green by this day next week

Mine is the same and i did have a bottle of evergreen or similar but can't find it. I know places will be open Monday but can't be bothered. Let nature do it's course when the rain comes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,335 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Akrasia wrote: »
    No cause I’m locked in my house

I have noticed some spiders

And the grass in my garden is various colors of green

Don't mind him, just showing off.

I can see the sea but it's outside my 5km zone. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

I think there are more bees out and about when I go out walking on my local road.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,440 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I think much of this is being noticed because people have more time on their hands and less clutter in their minds when out walking.

Yes we’ve had an exceptionally dry spring and early summer, but it’s just 2018 since we had a drought so it’s not unusual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

And so sooner are the restrictions lifted the weather breaks down.

Advertisement