Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2020 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Goldfinch8

The nicest morning in this part of Mayo for a while. Bright skies and lack of wind are very welcome. A shower or two out to the west but thankfully there does not seem much to them. Birds in full voice and a few daffodils out. Not too bad at all. 4c.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Bitter cold but alluringly sunny.. A historic occasion as for the first time in weeks it was not just possible but totally tempting to go for a walk down the lane... Sun dazzling as it rose through white clouds.... fresh green buds on the rose hedging and even picked purple flowers on the evergreen bush..

Forgiving of the vicious hail shower that came as we ( cats and I ) were almost home and more of these between sunny whiles. .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,024 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Bright with some nice sunshine here in Castlebar. 9 degrees. Nice day .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

another lovely sunny day in Meath. Really enjoying this dry and settled spell if a little cool at times. The ground is still saturated but a drying trend is definitely noticeable in the dryer parts of the garden. 3rd sunny and dry day in a row here now and it's most welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

Great day in the west
    Time to get some lawnmower oil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Artane2002

A stunner in Dublin 5!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,550 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

A couple of heavy hail showers today, which turned the ground white

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭konman

km79 wrote: »
    Great day in the west
    Time to get some lawnmower oil

First cut done today. Fab day, dry all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Day 3 of the sunshine nearly unbroken all day, and got the grass cut, ground has dried out a fair bit over the last 3 or 4 days considering the rainfall totals, lets keep it going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

Yep, I remember it well 20 degrees and sitting outside for lunch at work, turned out to be the nicest day of the year. Terrible summer.

And back in 1998 I think, we were in t-shirts on St Patrick's Day if I remember rightly. In Dublin anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

And back in 1998 I think, we were in t-shirts on St Patrick's Day if I remember rightly. In Dublin anyway.

I think 2004 was the same. Remember being in Croke park and like a summers day.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Just cycled home from town in Dublin. There's no wind! It feels like a different planet, I've been getting absolutely lashed out of it for what seems like months and now it's just silence cycling around. My kinda weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

First (mostly) dry day in what feels like forever in Letterkenny today, still couldn't totally escape the showers but far less frequent than the past couple of days. More of the same please

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Was a lovely day in cork city yesterday, could even feel the suns warmth at times. Woke up this morning to grey clouds and rain again. Back to normal

Cold clear and sunny in Castlebar. Calm. 4 degrees.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

another beautiful sunny day in Meath - Day 4
    no rain since Saturday night either.

Looks like we get one more nice day tomorrow before it turns unsettled again from the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 M50Jct15

Second nearly cloudless sunny day....almost calm. Touch of frost last night.

Finally spring-like. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

1mm in Arklow from this mornings rain that started as sleet
    Nice enough day now
    Wind is easterly, for the first time in what feels like years

https://twitter.com/Arklowweather/status/1235203097674297351?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭loughside

Best day of the year so far, you can sit outside and feel the warmth of the sun, beautiful calm day, birds singing, spring has sprung!
    Co.Down.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

Fantastic !
    Need to get some lawnmower oil now soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Dull all day in Cork City after a wet start. Looks like it might be brightening up now a small bit but it also might not be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Clear blue sky all day in Galway feeling quite warm in the sun no wind...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

One light shower in the afternoon in Letterkenny but even with that it was easily the nicest day of the year so far with plenty of sunshine and no wind, days like this really make me realise how much I hate winter in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Day 4 of wall to wall sunshine, was actually in a tee shirt most of the day, nice warmth in the sun, iv'e a feeling we're really going to pay for the last few days, temperature currently -1 under a clear sky

• Registered Users Posts: 18,078 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Amazing day in Galway city, by a mile best day of 2020 so far.

Fantistic view of Venus just about above the horizon directly west now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,095 ✭✭✭pad199207

Status Yellow - Low Temperature/Ice warning for Leinster

Overnight and early on Thursday morning, across Leinster, temperatures will fall to -3 degrees in many areas.

Valid: 23:00 Wednesday 04/03/2020 to 09:00 Thursday 05/03/2020

Issued: 23:00 Wednesday 04/03/2020

-3c :/

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

I rescheduled tomorrow’s trip to Spain for later in the year. Damn you Coronavirus.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,078 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

vladmydad wrote: »
    I rescheduled tomorrow’s trip to Spain for later in the year. Damn you Coronavirus.

Relevance to weather?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Relevance to weather?

I was taking the trip to escape the constant rain.

Advertisement