Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Brother Canada 2019

• 28-02-2019 8:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 55,431 ✭✭✭✭

I gave up last year. I wonder will this year be any better? I have my doubts...

I think this trailer is stitched together from smaller trailers, and the houseguests look annoying.

Starts March 6th.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Last year was a very good season that got me back watching but I'm on the fence about this year. The show edit was pretty poor where they were were leaving some major gameplay on the cutting room floor while at the same time their sponsorship segments are getting more and more prominent.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,431 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Twistos McTwisty Twisty Twist? :o

I flicked through the first episode.

The spy theme is a bit lame, but I'll give it a go for a while (the secrets piece was pretty cool though).
    Non-binary chick/dude. We are single? Jesus Christ.

Interested to see what the Blood Veto is all about...

They really love their themes on top of their twists. It's sure to die out after 2/3 weeks like last year.

I did like the exposing of the secrets.

Happy to give it a few weeks. Seems like a nicely balanced cast.

The Canadas Asset Secret Mission is a tad harsh and absolutely pointless though.

Up to date now. It's pretty good this year in fairness.

Adam isn't going to last long....

• Advertisement

Decent enough season but the Wendy's segments along with the pointless theme is starting to grate already.

I think this has been a great season overall.

They've toned down the sponsored content, the contestants are playing well and it's consistently entertaining (I was skipping through the second half of last season).

I don't see why everyone thinks Dane is so great though - I think he is an obnoxious tool. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭hasdanta

Toned down the sponsorship content? They have the Sketcher's segment, Wendy's segment, a whole lounge named after Leon's... I don't mind the sponsorships but they're about the same, if not worse lol

I actually agree that it's toned down. They used to have pointless competitions taking up twenty minutes each week that were basically promotions. I can live with some basic sponsorship. Not sure if they are doing the sketchers thing anymore as I don't watch the "who wants to see my HoH room" segment.

Up to date now. The secret assassin twist was pretty good (and used well).

• Advertisement

I'm enjoying the season even though it's been dominated by a single alliance. Rooting for Adam at this stage which is weird as I would not consider him an under dog. Dane doing well but would love for his game to blow up somehow. Anthony is a gobsh*te and Mark is a very odd casting choice.

I've never seen someone so gutted to be evicted. :o

Feels like as open a season of BB as we approach the final 3 from what I can remember. Frustrating watching an alliance control the house but the three remaining pretty boys all contributed massively to their success in the house.

I fast forwarded through the last 4 episodes last night.
    I lost interest when the pretty boys became unbeatable. The final 4 guys were pretty obnoxious.

I think the winner deserved it (much as I disliked him). He did dominate the house.

Decent season overall though - best BBCAN in a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭hasdanta

Its been renewed for an 8th season!

Advertisement