Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Arrogant ****ers who name drop people/places

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

You should do Balandan....she knows things and she's durty;)

I will treat her like a princess!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Social media is a haven for boasters like these.

It's basically what it was designed for.

Social media is a smorgasbord haven for boasters like these.
    FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Balanadan wrote: »
    I've worked with some incredibly modest UHNW individuals, fantastic people, very down to earth. Then you come across some eejit who's making €100k a year and thinks they're special. I couldn't give a flying **** if you were in New York last week for your middle management job. Typical ****ing Irish.

How much do you earn and what exotic places do you visit?

I only ask because I'm trying to figure out why you're so bitter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

And then you have people that have a family income of 100k pa and are acting like they're living on the breadline because their nice Dublin home is so expensive, the nice crèche for the kids is so expensive and the car loan is so expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Thankfully, I don’t think I’ve ever come across a rabid name-dropper in real life. I mean the odd time, someone might say that they briefly met somebody famous but I’ve never met the kind of person who tries to catch the reflection of other people’s glory.

My hubs works with a guy who’d love to be famous. He’s trying hard to become an IG influencer. Let’s say his name is Simon Kelly. His IG handle is officialsimonkelly. He loves Lillies Bordello. Well, did like it. It’s closed now. He’d make a big deal out if the bar staff there knowing his order. He repeatedly regales people with tales of his encounters with celebs. The one I remember was one called Hugo Weaving. I had to look him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Yeah €100k a year isn't special.
    If you're not earning that by the time you hit 50 you should consider yourself a failure.

There's an opinion you definitely keep online if you don't want to come across as one of those people.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I do have a neighbor who's badly guilty of what the OP detailed... every time you meet him it's where he was this week with work.

Don't care mate. Don't care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

What is sadder still is when people namedrop local people who are supposed to be of prominence.

For example, there used to be a woman at work, who would always namedrop with reverence if she met some local business person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

I shoot birds at the airport

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hedgelayer

The best way to get into name dropping if that's your only way to feel like you're important is to go out and spend all your money on coke,booze, hooker's, horse's, property and go absolutely nuts....

Go to rehab and then find out which recovery groups the star's and celebs hang out in....

The only thing is if you break their anonymity you'll be the greatest di CK on the planet....

Kill two bird's with the one binge lol

Name dropping what a bunch of vvankers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

lawred2 wrote: »
    I do have a neighbor who's badly guilty of what the OP detailed... every time you meet him it's where he was this week with work.

Don't care mate. Don't care.

I barely cared about travelling I had to in my own work, never mind anyone else’s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I live in Carlow and I've seen Ritchie Kavanagh around the town a few times. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

I once met Macaboy.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Osborne

Yeah I hate it when people brag about staying in luxury hotels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Balanadan wrote: »
    I've worked with some incredibly modest UHNW individuals, fantastic people, very down to earth.

"You did a smashing job on the hedges there Balanadan, suppose you'll have the herb garden done by the time I'm home, good man".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

I know someone who was Molly Sugdens bridesmaid

Advertisement