Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen Appliances where to buy

• 05-02-2009 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

hi all, i have to get an american style fridge, dishwasher, washing machine, dryer, double oven, gas hob and extractor fan.

I am in the Galway area but am considering going north for the products.
    has anyone any advice or websites\places to go in the north so that i acn save some money?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Seamus Watters, just outside Culloville, are great. Very friendly, great prices and after service is second to none.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭pete6296

Hi,
    From the galway area and doing the same. www.samsyerman.co.uk is where we are getting our appliances.
    Pete
    purerandom wrote: »
    hi all, i have to get an american style fridge, dishwasher, washing machine, dryer, double oven, gas hob and extractor fan.

I am in the Galway area but am considering going north for the products.
    has anyone any advice or websites\places to go in the north so that i acn save some money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭cookiequeen

My husband and I are at the same stage, pricing everything.

We found N17 electrical to be the best price north and south and they said they would better any other quote we got elsewhere! We couldn't argue with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 sunnyd_ie

Hi,

I'm just a the end of my build.
    I got all my electricals in a place in markethill called Dalzells.
    It definitely worked out a good bit cheaper & they were very helpful.
    We had that much to buy that it was nice to be able to get everything from the rangemaster to the stove in the one place.....

Anyway best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

sunnyd_ie wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm just a the end of my build.
    I got all my electricals in a place in markethill called Dalzells.
    It definitely worked out a good bit cheaper & they were very helpful.
    We had that much to buy that it was nice to be able to get everything from the rangemaster to the stove in the one place.....

Anyway best of luck.

I did the same as sunny, went to Dalzells, got all bosch dishwasher/dryer/washer, LG American Fridge/Freezer and Rangemaster plus Hood, great deals, i definetly saved money, plus i got what i wanted. Their details are on 4ni.co.uk, no website, i did it all via email and phonecalls. Just research and know what appliance brand you want.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 2010House

I'm looking at buying all my appliances. Can anyone who may work in an appliance shop or who has brought some, advise me on the make "Indesit"? I'm willing to try them if there is a decent parts and labour warranty attached to them. Budget is tight so I'm looking at all areas.:)

After a few emails, I'm heading to Enniskillen to get my appliances on Monday to McElwaine Electrical. They've done a great package on all my kitchen appliances on Hotpoint & Whirlpool that I wanted, with free delivery to Kilkenny.

2010House wrote: »
    After a few emails, I'm heading to Enniskillen to get my appliances on Monday to McElwaine Electrical. They've done a great package on all my kitchen appliances on Hotpoint & Whirlpool that I wanted, with free delivery to Kilkenny.

Well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 mark1975

I'm looking at buying all my appliances. Can anyone who may work in an appliance shop or who has brought some, advise me on the make "Indesit"? I'm willing to try them if there is a decent parts and labour warranty attached to them. Budget is tight so I'm looking at all areas.:)

worked in a electrical shop for 12 years indesit is the same as hotpoint except aimed at youth market better quality than beko generally.
    with indesit products ok for refrigeration,ovens,hobs would look else where for w/machines dryers and d/w. you would want to spend more on the second group of products i mentioned and less on the first as they are statically more reliable due to less moving parts hense more reliable there are some exceptions to this general rule though beko does a descent dryer for the cash but prety poor washing machine
    if you need any more help let is know what products you need and what you have narrowed it down and i can give you my point of view

Thanks Mark, I went with Whirlpool and Hotpoint in Enniskillen in the end, it ended up being quite similar in price as Indesit. Glad to have it now sorted. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭dec2000

Hey guys,

we're just in the process of pricing and were looking at trading post appliances and appliancesDirect. Thinking of going with the latter (even though they say they don't deliver to Ireland they confirmed they did?)

Does anyone else know any other online retailers that deliver to ireland that might be worth a try before placing my order? We're looking for basically everything, have items picked out and estimated spend of €2,500

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭purerandom

hi Dec, i started this thread a good while back and its time to post my results.
    ended up getting all my appliances in Currys in Derry. they were charging me 250 sterling to deliver to galway so i got them to hold them in their shop in Derry and i rented a van for €120, spent €70 on diesel to collect them. (I had other stuff i had to collect anyway)

Got a quote of around 4000 euro for the 7 appliances in local shops.
    I paid 2800 sterling for the lot in Derry, great saving and would you believe better products, got a neff double oven instead of a whirlpool and a neff induction hob instead of siemems.

Anyway the fun started last week. Went to open the island hood extractor fan box and i see that they got us the wrong one. it was a wall mountable extractor. Currys in galway would not take it back so i had to take it to my nearest Currys in northern ireland. not ideal!

Then, Currys could not get any island hoods delivered to their shop as they said the suppliers do the delivery. without an address in the north i had to take a refund for that item.

I am now in the market for an island extractor fan. cheapest quote i got so far locally is €450 for a standard extractor fan! Takin the mick big time with that price.

I contacted appliances direct who have one for £240 but are charging me 80 sterling to deliver it to Galway. it wont arrive for 14 days if i go with them

Sams yer man in belfast have the same model, costing 280, but they will deliver for £15 sterling. Again it could take 14 days to arrive.

If i were you, i would contact sams yer man & appliances direct with your product codes, see who will give u the best price, delivery, schedule and service. no one likes\recommends Currys but at the end of the day all i wanted was the products we liked at the right price, collecting them was no great issue for me. however i fear that if one of the products breaks-down\dies, Currys wont be too accomodating...touch wood i will never find out

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭dec2000

Hey,

Thanks for you reply.

I agree on the product differences, we're looking at mostly Neff appliances, the single oven being 40% cheaper online than in D.I.D.

The best I can see is appliances direct, simply because they seem to have the newer range of Neff in stock.

I'll send something up to samsyerman to see if they can compete, I'll let you know how i get on....

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

I have got alot of things in B&Q and Currys , all in Northern Ireland. They just beat everyone on price .

Its worth checking Currys in Republic of Ireland as last week they had UK VAT prices but not sure if its still on.

Im looking to buy an American Fridge Freezer and they had one in Currys Newry for £499 .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Neilw

Dellas wrote: »
    I have got alot of things in B&Q and Currys , all in Northern Ireland. They just beat everyone on price .

Its worth checking Currys in Republic of Ireland as last week they had UK VAT prices but not sure if its still on.

Im looking to buy an American Fridge Freezer and they had one in Currys Newry for £499 .

I bought some stuff last week, bosch dish washer in currys was £529, Dalzells did it for £389. Zanussi condenser dryer was £269 in currys and £229 in Dalzells.
    They did fre delivery to Dublin too :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

Do they have a website?

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

Most places do sales at holiday weekends. Why not wait for the best offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

Sorry! That's if you can afford to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭higster

Neilw wrote: »
    I bought some stuff last week, bosch dish washer in currys was £529, Dalzells did it for £389. Zanussi condenser dryer was £269 in currys and £229 in Dalzells.
    They did fre delivery to Dublin too :cool:

Just got a competitive quote from Dalzells (3k vs. 4.4k here and vs. 4k with Sams yer man). How was customer service/delivery etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Neilw

higster wrote: »
    Just got a competitive quote from Dalzells (3k vs. 4.4k here and vs. 4k with Sams yer man). How was customer service/delivery etc

No problems, very helpful and not pushy at all. Delivered when they said they would. Can't fault them at all.
    The appliance showroom is not the nicest to look at but who cares if the prices are right ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 damoofche

If this is of any help to anyone, I recently moved into my new house and needed all the usual appliances; I came across this shop and I'm glad I did. I saved a fortune especially compared to prices down here and they delivered everything too. They made it very easy for me and I would definitely recommend them.

Their website is: www.newage-electrical.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Another vote for Newage Electrical in Newry. Got all our applicances there, free delivery to south.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

+1 for McElwaine. Got a full kitchen worth of good quality appliances including an American fridge Freezer and good gas Hob for less than 2 grand. Free delivery to South too. Nearly half of what we were quoted down here. Currys up North are not good. They don't deliver anything South and were making a big deal about us hiring a van for transporting of fridge freezer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 adrnola

Hi All -

Just wondering if anyone has any recent experiences of this ?

What are prices like in 2010 and where is still the best place to go ?

Cheers.

People from where I live always shopped for their electrical appliances in Seamus Watters in Culloville because not only could his price not be beaten (and this is back when exchange rates were 0.67 but also his after sales service is top notch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Fenor

Hi all

I have just stated looking at my kitchen appliance for a new build, i will check out all the names above.
    Can anyone tell me what is the best brand?? From what i read above i'm wondering is it Neff?
    I'm in Waterford & every shop i go into is recommending something different.
    Would love some independent advice??

• Registered Users Posts: 32 saranas

hello all.found this thread and its 3 years old.looking to buy appliancies for new kitchen.whats the good brands for 2014.thanks.

Advertisement