Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Will it be live or taped I wonder?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Will it be live or taped I wonder?

Of course taped they are NOT taping TV three days in a row. Everyone would die. :eek: This will most likely be taped before Smackdown like NXT was.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

How long before it goes the way of Superstars?

How long before it goes the way of Superstars?

The first Superstars match:

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

rovert wrote: »
    The first Superstars match:

I quite literally just watched that match after I posted that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Randy Orton has more heat on him from WWE officials after recent comments he posted on Twitter.

He was asked by a fan if he would be a heel when he comes back and he said that “we can only pray”. WWE still wants him to be a babyface on SmackDown and were not happy that he vented about being unhappy with his television role.

Even though they are upset with Orton, WWE still plans to push him when he gets back due to their lack of depth on the roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Randy Orton has more heat on him from WWE officials after recent comments he posted on Twitter.

He was asked by a fan if he would be a heel when he comes back and he said that “we can only pray”. WWE still wants him to be a babyface on SmackDown and were not happy that he vented about being unhappy with his television role.

Even though they are upset with Orton, WWE still plans to push him when he gets back due to their lack of depth on the roster.

Not a very good message WWE is sending out. Suspending one of there superstars and being p!ssed off with him, yet when he comes back he'll continue to be pushed.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Not a very good message WWE is sending out. Suspending one of there superstars and being p!ssed off with him, yet when he comes back he'll continue to be pushed.

Not a great message but it just shows how shallow the WWE's current roster is, they haven't created any new major stars in a while now, and it's beginning to haunt them!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

The thing is, they have a huge roster (why do I get the feeling I am saying what everyone's thinking?), but they decide to just not develop any talent, push anyone new, regularly.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The thing is, they have a huge roster (why do I get the feeling I am saying what everyone's thinking?), but they decide to just not develop any talent, push anyone new, regularly.

Sorry I meant despite their huge roster, they are lacking main event stars.

• Advertisement

Source:http://www.wrestling-edge.com/wwe-news-rumors/jbls-rough-climb-fcw-star-smackdown-postraw-update-brodus-clay.html
    Sandra Toffoloni, sister to Nancy Benoit and the woman who runs the Nancy and Daniel Benoit Foundation at NancyandDanielBenoitFoundation.org, wrote on Twitter that thanks to Paul Heyman, an un-named WWE Superstar was going to triple donations made to the foundation on the day of the 5 year anniversary of the tragedy. No word yet who that WWE Superstar was but Sandra later wrote that even with the tripling of donations, it was only $58.

The @WWECreative account unmasked yesterday as former WWE writer Robert Karpeles from the mid 00s for an interview with Bryan Alvarez. The summary:

-The October Raw homecoming show that marked them returning to USA network was suppose to be a major turn point for the company. They had just did a focus group on why people didn't watch wrestling anymore and the main reason was because there were no long term storylines, and they wanted to see major stars that weren't there anymore. This leads to the below idea:

-Vince McMahon thought of a long term storyline plan in 5-10 mins. In the October Raw homecoming show in 2005, Vin Man was going to come out and bury everyone like he does backstage. And basically ask who is going to take that brass ring. At the end of the show, Vin Man was going to get hit by a car. Mick Foley was going to be hired to be the investigator. It was going to turn out that Foley was the man that hit Vince because he didn't want Vince to hand over the company to Triple H and Steph because Triple H is the guy that ended Foley's career and he's an evil person. (They were going to publicly mention for the first time that H and Steph were really married at that point, and the plan for them to eventually inherit the company)

Then Shane was going to fight Foley at Mania to defend the family honor. Triple H would beat Cena for the WWE title at Mania with help from Shane in some way. Then as Triple H is at the ramp holding the WWE title with Shane, Steph was going to come out and hug Triple H, then Vince & Linda were going to come out and they were going to show the McMahon family united at the ramp.

-Apparently after Vince thought of this, the next week he thought of some storyline that involved him going away for months from the public eye. Not even attending stockholder and business meetings. They were going to put this on wwe.com to make it a huge deal, and eventually Vince was going to return with a HOBO ARMY. Can't make this up. (Of course this wouldn't of worked because they're a public traded company and something like this would nearly kill the company)

-McMahon was going to start his own church, and give speeches about what's wrong with government, religion, the world, etc.

-Bob Orton Jr was brought in to help Randy Orton get his issues straight at the time. That's partly why he was on the road with him during that time period. Also working with Taker was suppose to help as well since Taker was a respected vet.

-Lashley was put on TV after Vin Man seen him at Patterson's birthday party. Vince was going through notes, seen Lashley walk by in the hallway and said (in Vince voice) "God damn put that guy on TV." () They put him against Simon Dean that night in Lashley's first match on TV.

-During the Angle/Cena fued in late 2005, creative members were also trying to write stories for mid-card guys because everyone on the roster had some type of storyline or story in the late 90's; which is what they were trying to get back to. However Stephanie sent an email to creative telling them stop worrying about the mid-card guys and to only focus on Angle/Cena. (Sounds like what they do now with booking)

-Mania 22 ideas were Hogan/Austin, but they couldn't come together on a finish. Triple H/Cena, and Lesnar/Batista since Lesnar was in mild talks with them at the time. (Of course Batista ended up getting hurt too)

credit: gojacks on the DVDR forum for the summary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Surely Foley would of led the Hobo Army no?
    Pitty that storyline didn't happen it sounded hilarious

GTR63 wrote: »

He said that it probably would have been given to Snitsky and Mike Knox.

Listened to it after I posted that summary. The writer said also that Mike Graham was on those WWE 24/7 Legends Roundtable shows strictly due to contractual reasons owing to the sale of the old Florida video library WWE bought from him and for NO other reason. :P

At least on the initial Legends Roundtable shows the wrestler's mugs were filled to the brim with booze and they would record hours of unbroadcastable sex, drugs & Rock N Roll stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Mike Graham nearly ruined any episode of the Legends Of Wrestling that they had him on. Kept wondering why they hell they would have him on more than once.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

GTR63 wrote: »

Raven and Balls Mahoney would've been perfect.

Sunny said something homophobic and uses the least believable excuse in the world to cover for it.

Sunny:
    I would like to apologize for the statement on my account... someone hacked into my acct . Im not that type of person. was not my statement

Divadirt recap:
    WWE Hall of Famer, Sunny, real name Tammy Sytch, has found herself embroiled in a Twitter tirade, dropping a derogatory slur towards homosexuals on more than one occasion.

Sytch, who has been going back and forth on social media with independent talent Reby Sky over the past few days stemming from Sky blasting former WWE and WCW star Sycho Sid for no-showing several independent events but appearing on WWE’s Monday Night Raw television show this past Monday.

Sytch appeared to have been aggravated by a message sent by former WSU wrestler, Rick Cataldo, who wrote on Twitter: “@TheBrittySavage @RebySky @WWEHOFerSunny I can’t wait to read it Britt! lmao and btw I got yo back Reby ;) that b*tch loves throwing shots.”

The provocation resulted in the 2011 inducted Hall of Famer responding with the derogatory slur: “@TheBoyDiva @TheBrittySavage @RebySky yeah, like the shot i threw at your jaw? you chicken **** f****t piece of crap… i’ll knock you out.”

Sunny continued to use the word on more occasions, tweeting the same slur in a one-word response to a fan who wrote: “There’s nothing more rude than calling someone a ‘******’ @WWEHOFerSunny needs to learn to grow up, and have some manners.”

Sunny also responded to another fan saying: “dude, i have a gay cousin who i love to death… but this kid was a f****t…totally different.”

Get Irv Muchnik on the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Reading on another board, people are pointing out that Cena and Victoria both started in UPW together, both trained in OVW, so they have a bit of history.

Someone also pointed out that at about the same time, Vic got paired with Kenny on Smackdown as his girlfriend; given WWE's tendency to rib people in mean ways, would anyone put it past them to pair the two together as an inside joke with the Cena relationship problems?

I'm going to say though I loved his diving leg drop. Thought the guy had the brightest future of anyone in years in WWE....
    Source

Kenn Doane, who labored as Kenny of the Spirit Squad and Kenny Dykstra for WWE from 2006 to 2008, blames an affair between John Cena and Mickie James for ruining his relationship with the former Diva and costing him his job. Doane recently claimed that Cena was having a second affair with a then-WWE Diva who was married to a man not involved with the professional wrestling industry.

Though Doane did not specify the Diva in question, a clue he gave implicated Lisa Marie Varon, formerly known as Victoria in WWE and now known as Tara in TNA Wrestling, as Cena's 'Diva road girlfriend.' Doane said the Diva was transferred from Raw to SmackDown in 2007 like him after being dumped by Cena. Two Divas transferred from Raw to SmackDown in the 2007 WWE Draft—and the entire year—Torrie Wilson and Varon. Wilson was in the process of divorcing Billy Kidman. Varon has been married to a man not affiliated with the professional wrestling industry since 1998, matching Doane's claim.

Varon addressed Doane's allegation in an interview with F4WOnline.com. She says, "KD said a Diva married to someone not in the business who moved from RAW to Smackdown in 2007 was sleeping with John Cena. Considering I had nothing to do with why he was whining on the internet, he sure gave enough details about someone he claims he wasn't trying to involve. I was the only Diva married to someone not in the business who moved from RAW to Smackdown in 2007.
    "I want to address this both professionally and personally. Professionally, you hear people talk about 'backstage politics' in wrestling. I'll tell you what that means to me. Backstage politics is not some kind of psychological maneuvering. You work and travel with your wrestling co-workers more than you want to work and travel with anyone. The people who complain about backstage politics generally don't have the ability to respectfully interact with others.
    "I treat everyone with respect. Everyone. Ask the caterers, building security, wrestlers, executives, crew, fans, anyone, who I don't treat with respect and they would be at a loss for words. And because you spend so much time with these people, you know a lot about the people who you travel with and work closely with. I found that the best way to not make waves is to keep my eyes and ears open, and my mouth shut when it comes to other people's business.
    "The people who complain that they were the victim of backstage politics often either don't show people respect, or bud into other people's business.
    "On a personal level, what KD said was mostly false, although there was a little truth.
    "I have been with my husband for 20 years. He's the best guy in the world. But like any 20 year relationship, we have some good times and we have had some bad times. And anyone who I traveled with knows that. Because you learn intimate details about each other whether you want to or not.
    "We have separated a few times. One of those times that we were separated, I dated John for about a month. It was not in 2006 or 2007. It was in 2002. It was when we were both in Louisville. I was married but separated. John was single. I was never his 'road girlfriend'. I know that when we were separated, my husband also dated a couple girls. That's what happens when you are separated.
    "In 2002, it was common knowledge that John and I dated. It fed the rumor mills for people who have nothing better to do than gossip like old ladies. So for KD to use bits of information that he was only able to pick up because he was allowed in the inner circle of WWE, and smear me, when I only treated KD with respect, over an incident that he is upset about from 5 years ago, tells me that he didn't learn anything about 'backstage politics' and how it relates to being a decent human being. "Moving forward, I'm a glass-is-half-full kind of girl. Only my glass isn't half full. My glass is 99% full. I am blessed. And I'm done discussing the 1%."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Damn those 1%ers *shakes fist*

:pac:

Kofi hit this on Superstars
    oeMMl.gif

• Advertisement

Booker T's Twitter account was hacked by some sad arse racists last night,must be the only genuine case of a hacked Twitter account ever!

211004.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Why is his name 5x? He's a six time champion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭ Jordyn Alive Tadpole

Jesus Chyna's BATE!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Incredibly irresponsible of Chyna to give out someone else's number over the net. Did he even have the dog? That said, she's got far bigger problems than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,136 ✭✭✭✭Penn

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Incredibly irresponsible of Chyna to give out someone else's number over the net. Did he even have the dog? That said, she's got far bigger problems than that.

Yeah, like how sad the lives of some of her fans are. How sad and lonely would you have to be to call that number and ask someone to give Chyna her dog back? Probably the only human contact they had that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

Dancor wrote: »

what in the name of christ is russell crowe doing in that??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

ayatollah wrote: »
    what in the name of christ is russell crowe doing in that??
    He needs a paycheck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭glenjamin

As previously reported, there was an incident involving New Jack and Balls Mahoney at Saturday's Extreme Rising show in Philadelphia.

None of this was unexpected as New Jack apparently threatened Mahoney and buried him for a while on interviews. Mahoney called New Jack the N word in a tape that was released within the last week and the word got back to New Jack.

New Jack drilled Mahoney with a punch and landed about 15 other punches, according to the report the Wrestling Observer received. Mahoney never retaliated and wasn't seriously injured although his face did lump up and never went down.

Security at the show didn't break up the fight at first. New Jack then pulled to what is described as a machete and that was when security stepped in and stopped him. Security were shadowing New Jack as there was also heat with him and Homicide and people were getting concerned about things getting out of hand. Nothing happened in the end between New Jack and Homicide.

It's expected that the company will try and turn both incidents into a work. Mahoney's face was noticeably bruised and swollen while wrestling in his match later that night.

When you hear about wrestlers dying so young, I don't think anyone would blink an eye if New Jack died tomorrow. The chap is an absolute scumbag of the highest order. After reading this I watched the tape where he stabbed some lad in Florida then I watched his shoot interview about it. He doesn't give a fcuk about anyone but himself. I don't know how the hell he still gets bookings and people to work with him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement