Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minecraft: The Far Lands

• 11-04-2011 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Has any one heard of the far lands? They are the also known as the end of the world they are really messed up areas that are far away from you spawn point.
    They take forever to reach on foot with out any cheating according to the Minecraft Wikipedia (Minipedia) it takes 800-900 hundred hours of walking in one direction!
    Heres a link to a video of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YakMZ19LwF4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

I have indeed heard of the far lands. I wish the world was round and after 800-900 hours walking you are back to where you started though.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Star_Cow

video

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Well that's 20 million blocks in, the most the servers or myself has got to is only a couple of thousands :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭NeosDex

I suggest making a Far Lands Exploration Team or "FLET" and going on a trek to this area :P Or will that use up the 2gb world limit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lukek1998

what did you use to record the video?

• Advertisement

I like the idea of a Far Lands Exploration Team F.L.E.T we could start a new world for exploration and set a spawn point at the far lands for laughs!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

An exploration team would crash the server. It'd be fine in singleplayer, but multiplayer wouldn't handle it too well at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

humanji wrote: »
    An exploration team would crash the server. It'd be fine in singleplayer, but multiplayer wouldn't handle it too well at all.
    Actually, so long as we don't walk there it shouldn't be that bad. It'll only generate terrain in the nearest chunks, so if we teleported there the world would only get as big as it normally would if someone went off exploring.

Course, not sure how it would handle loading and such...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

and of course it would take over 800 hours on foot

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

Actually, so long as we don't walk there it shouldn't be that bad. It'll only generate terrain in the nearest chunks, so if we teleported there the world would only get as big as it normally would if someone went off exploring.

Course, not sure how it would handle loading and such...

Only 1 way to find out lets do it :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,147 ✭✭✭✭Berty

humanji wrote: »

Umm myself and another user tried it on Tallons server. Got a warning for it in the end. It really fvcked up the server and the cartograph was off the fvcking wall. It just keeps going and going and going.

Placed a wall full of wall art way out in the middle of nowhere. No idea where it is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

What if we take it in turns where we tp to the furthest person they leave then when your done say 40,00 blocks another person comes back in to take your place.That saves people getting bored :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

That wouldn't make a difference, it'd still crash the server. Do it in single player, and off the server/s please

I wish there was some kind of software that can spawn us at the far lands or even delete the unneeded world parts we don't want to explore.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭NeosDex

It would be cool if there was a plugin that could... degenerate parts of the world to free up space... obviously you'd have to check before hand for any signs of civilization.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

I edited a save so now you start off on the corner to the far lands, and also spawn there in case you die.

Enjoy.

I look forward to see what you guys can find :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

One of my home checkpoints is about 8000 blocks out. Found a torch out there :D

Advertisement