Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Putting your pronoun on Linkedin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Ipso wrote: »
    Eh, that's an adjective or noun, not a pronoun and another neologism I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

This ones gives even more of an insight. The ‘sensory overload’ dude (oops, gendering) speaks again:

How do these people get through an average day? Such delicate doilies.
    Hi Obvious Desperate Breakfasts.

Just to say some of us come to boards expecting a primarily textual experience. Embedded videos of this sort are difficult to handle without a warning and I'll be honest skirt the boundary of audio-visual assault. Luckily I had my safety blanket with me, but if you could please think before engaging in video aggression in future that would be great.

That video is like a parody skit. A few years ago I think I read an article joking about clapping being aggressive and yet here we are clapping is actually aggressive and assaulting to some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I never understand the need for 'gender neutral' toilets. Surely you just pick the ladies jacks and go into the privacy of a cubicle simple.
    Of course disabled toilets are 'gender neutral' and a lot of times in pubs they end up as store rooms....
    The disabled toilets in work were re-labelled a few months ago. The main difference is that any disabled person who might want to use them has less of a chance (and I didn't bother using one of those nice alternatives to 'disabled' on purpose). My sister thought I made it up when I showed her a picture of the door, rather than just the sign.

495677.JPG

And before anybody says anything about me being offended, I'm not. I'm just fed-up, and weary of listening to all this sort of talk. (Can excessive eye-rolling affect your sight?) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

Sky King wrote: »
    Yeah. Can you imagine the sort of drip you'd be stuck with if you hired someone with their pronouns on their linkedin profile?

I'd take them over a vocal typical AH poster any day of the week to be honest, as would the HR departments of any respectable corporate in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Fourier wrote: »
    That video is like a parody skit.

You are right, Id be laughing at this on South-park, its hard to believe its people actually being serious. I had to actually search around to work out exactly what the OP was talking about with this he/her thing!! You can tell this generation has no real serious things to worry about when this sort of stuff is being made a thing.

As far as I am concerned it doesn't matter if you are black white, yellow, brown, have dick and/or fanny, you are either a decent person I like spending time with or you arent . . Everything else is irrelevant and if people want to make or imply its relevant, be best you go off and spend your time with sensory overload guy who might be sympathetic to your cause. .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

bluewolf wrote: »
    i hope it doesn't here. load of ****

A lot of people in my company have this in their email signature (American company). Utter shyte in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

RWCNT wrote: »
    I'd take them over a vocal typical AH poster any day of the week to be honest, as would the HR departments of any respectable corporate in the world.
    This is hardly a like for like measure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Ah I love that video though. ****ing hilarious.

At least some utter comedy gold is being generated.

RWCNT wrote: »
    I'd say they would have equal disdain for each.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Tom1991

Its a shame that language has such a catastrophic effect on some people more than others.I was a barman for ten years and its the one part of the trade i miss is telling customers co workers and employers on occasion to **** themselves.

Ill call people by whatever they want to be called but reserve the right to tell people to **** themselves on occasion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Fourier wrote: »
    Hi Obvious Desperate Breakfasts.

Just to say some of us come to boards expecting a primarily textual experience. Embedded videos of this sort are difficult to handle without a warning and I'll be honest skirt the boundary of audio-visual assault. Luckily I had my safety blanket with me, but if you could please think before engaging in video aggression in future that would be great.

PoInT Of PeRsOnAL pRiViLeGe: you’re not allowed to criticise me, that hurts my fee fees so much that I get PTSD.

Hadn't seen that video in a while so watched it again just now. It's the gift that keeps on giving! :D

"Aggressive scent" - amazing.

Anxiety, sensory overload - lots of people have these and always did. It's referred to as easily agitated, jarred. It can indeed be difficult for some, but most people recognise it's not something that makes the world only about them and they harden the **** up and tackle it themselves by sucking up day to day life instead of demanding special treatment.

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Hadn't seen that video in a while so watched it again just now. It's the gift that keeps on giving! :D

"Aggressive scent" - amazing.

Anxiety, sensory overload - lots of people have these and always did. It's referred to as easily agitated, jarred. It can indeed be difficult for some, but most people recognise it's not something that makes the world only about them and they harden the **** up and tackle it themselves by sucking up day to day life instead of demanding special treatment.

Yeah, I can’t listen to chalk on a blackboard. It’s painful to my ears. But even as a child, I was very aware that this was nobody else’s problem and that I just had to deal with it. And I did, usually by subtly covering my ears.

As well as that, I just don’t get the rush of some to paint themselves as victims. From my experience, most people will do anything to appear the opposite, to seem resilient in public as a point of pride.

My sister has increasingly become part of the “I find that offensive” brigade and it’s exhausting. We were in a waiting room of a Dublin hospital a few months ago and on the noticeboard was a poster of the All-Ireland winning Dublin team. She said “This hospital might be in Dublin but there’s patients coming here from all over the country. That poster shouldn’t be up, it’s offensive”. Once I got my eyeballs back in to position after they rolled back in my head, I said “So?”. Like, so what if somebody finds something so inoffensive offensive? That doesn’t mean they have to be indulged. It’s all just so goddamn joyless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

My sister has increasingly become part of the “I find that offensive” brigade and it’s exhausting. We were in a waiting room of a Dublin hospital a few months ago and on the noticeboard was a poster of the All-Ireland winning Dublin team. She said “This hospital might be in Dublin but there’s patients coming here from all over the country. That poster shouldn’t be up, it’s offensive”. Once I got my eyeballs back in to position after they rolled back in my head, I said “So?”. Like, so what if somebody finds something so inoffensive offensive? That doesn’t mean they have to be indulged. It’s all just so goddamn joyless.
    For God's sake. I'm from Mayo and while I'm butthurt that Dublin repeatedly stole Sam from us :p I wouldn't find a picture of the Dublin team in a Dublin hospital offensive. I'll join you in giving your sister :rolleyes: It's not like they wanted to put a picture of the Dublin team in Castlebar hospital :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,112 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    It's not like they wanted to put a picture of the Dublin team in Castlebar hospital :pac:
    Meath credit union celebrates 'our very own' Dublin GAA team winning All-Ireland final

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

Did they have a picture of the Dublin Ladies All-Ireland winning team up too? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

Speaking of pictures, this week Vogue magazine - founded in 1892 and said to be the largest woman's magazine in the world - had this image of Gwendolyn Ann Smith

Gwendolyn%252520Ann%252520Smith.jpg

https://www.vogue.com/article/gwendolyn-ann-smith-interview-transgender-day-of-remembrance

It is well known that the bat has been taken up as a symbol of threats of brutality and violence to women who object to gender theory trans ideology. It has been used in art exhibitions and is regularly all over social media to back up terrible threats. Degenderettes, for example,

Dd9Oh-RV0AA0HFx.jpg:large

uxi8xkdgicq31.jpg

The pciture of Gwendolyn accompanies a story about trans women being killed. It is not mentioned that most are killed by violent exes or by clients, not by random ''haters'' which is what we are supposed to think. Sex work is notoriously dangerous. Nor is it mentioned that the rate of trans women murdered is the same or lower than the rate of biological women murdered, speaking statistically.

Interestingly, and tangentially, the list of trans serial killers has been removed this year from Wikipedia even though the paraphilia of cross dressing is the most common one among all serial killers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,765 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Gynoid wrote: »
    Interestingly, and tangentially, the list of trans serial killers has been removed this year from Wikipedia even though the paraphilia of cross dressing is the most common one among all serial killers.

Oh yay! Now we're going to start hiding facts to avoid offending people!

People are telling me I've turned into an introvert, a hermit, and I need to get out more. I actually don't think I do, if this is what is waiting outside. I'll continue to live in my bubble, where there's no such thing as labels and pronouns for people.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2019/nov/23/blind-date-jen-anna-glasses-fog-up

The Guardian does blind dates. The people who go are interviewed for an article afterwards. On the latest blind date the Guardian set up a lesbian, Anna, with a transwoman called Jen. Anna was not told the blind date was trans. Later Anna decided she was not interested in more dates, she was very polite about it, she was called transphobic online.

This at the very least is rude, perhaps even malicious. Lesbians are attracted to females. That is the essential factor of same sex attraction. Same sex-ness. They put that young woman in an unpleasant position publicly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2019/nov/23/blind-date-jen-anna-glasses-fog-up

The Guardian does blind dates. The people who go are interviewed for an article afterwards. On the latest blind date the Guardian set up a lesbian, Anna, with a transwoman called Jen. Anna was not told the blind date was trans. Later Anna decided she was not interested in more dates, she was very polite about it, she was called transphobic online.

This at the very least is rude, perhaps even malicious. Lesbians are attracted to females. That is the essential factor of same sex attraction. Same sex-ness. They put that young woman in an unpleasant position publicly.

A) it’s the Guardian - so woke even the most awake feel themselves going to ****ing sleep
    B) The feelings of Trans in this scenario are irrelevant - it’s the equivalent of a honey trap in which even if you are the victim you are wrong because transphobia

• Advertisement

A) it’s the Guardian - so woke even the most awake feel themselves going to ****ing sleep
    B) The feelings of Trans in this scenario are irrelevant - it’s the equivalent of a honey trap in which even if you are the victim you are wrong because transphobia

I havent read the Guardian in over a decade, I got horribly bored of it one Sunday, and never bought it again. Nonetheless its a large circulation mainstream newspaper and that is a very public platform on which to gaslight a young woman.
    Would it be done to a heterosexual male or female? If not, why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,454 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

It was entirely malicious on the part of the person known as Jen. The Guardian have said they weren’t aware of that particularly relevant factor as Jen had never disclosed it at any point.

The twitter thread has more -

https://mobile.twitter.com/LaraAdamsMille1/status/1199131446134411264?s=19

It was entirely malicious on the part of the person known as Jen. The Guardian have said they weren’t aware of that particularly relevant factor as Jen had never disclosed it at any point.

The twitter thread has more -

https://mobile.twitter.com/LaraAdamsMille1/status/1199131446134411264?s=19

I think they pre interview, at least they should for safe guarding, otherwise for a public media business it would be utter madness to blindly send off the blind daters.
    In an interview they would have had at the very least strong suspicions, as Jen retains a fairly masculine appearance. But yet they sent off a 23 year old girl...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

I havent read the Guardian in over a decade, I got horribly bored of it one Sunday, and never bought it again. Nonetheless its a large circulation mainstream newspaper and that is a very public platform on which to gaslight a young woman.
    Would it be done to a heterosexual male or female? If not, why not?

Absolutely not because someone is going to come to harm pulling this stunt with a straight male. This isn’t out of the ordinary though- these trans types like to target women because they will never be them, no matter how much surgery or right ons they get from the woke ones, they will never be female. And that hurts them on so many levels

Absolutely not because someone is going to come to harm pulling this stunt with a straight male. This isn’t out of the ordinary though- these trans types like to target women because they will never be them, no matter how much surgery or right ons they get from the woke ones, they will never be female. And that hurts them on so many levels

I dont think that is why women are targeted, because they are an unattainable goal. That would seem strange. But maybe they are targeted because there is a split among women, with a good many having bought into gender theory as it allies closely with present wave feminism. So a divided cohort is more easily assailed. But I dont know for sure, it is confusing. And multifaceted. It may even be an ironic continuation of the submissive good girl doing what she is told by authoritarian voices.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,454 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I dont think that is why women are targeted, because they are an unattainable goal. That would seem strange. But maybe they are targeted because there is a split among women, with a good many having bought into gender theory as it allies closely with present wave feminism. So a divided cohort is more easily assailed. But I dont know for sure, it is confusing. And multifaceted. It may even be an ironic continuation of the submissive good girl doing what she is told by authoritarian voices.

I think HorrorScope means that for these people, being a woman is the unattainable goal, they crave acceptance as women. It’s more of the “cotton ceiling” nonsense.

I’m all for the law regarding everyone equally, but that sort of thing I think women have every right to say nope! I’d happily see anyone harassing them for doing so, prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

I just heard of a great retort for if somebody asks you what your pronouns are: “Why, are you planning to talk about me behind my back?”. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭moonage

Rologyro wrote: »
    I saw this for the first time today on an Irish LinkedIn profile. Their name was down as “Jane Bloggs (she, her)”. This just annoyed me, I think it’s a way for people to feel sanctimonious about how “woke” they are.

Don't you mean her name?

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

This is getting ridiculous now and I wish someone with real power and influence would say it (rather than me...on boards...at 7am..)

There are only 2 genders and about 15 mental disorders!

Putin has spoken openly about the subject, is he powerful enough?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

She/her

That's the most Twitter thing to creep into LinkedIn.

Advertisement