Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phil Taylor beaten again!

• 14-10-2010 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭

Just read on the planet darts website that James Wade won the Championship League Of Darts today beating Phil Taylor in the final 6 legs to 5. Taylor can't be happy with that result,2nd tournament in a row he's lost! Wade on a roll though fair play to him.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Well done to Wade, Taylor can't blame the crowd for this loss!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

A perfect time for Taylor to be off form as the Gleneagle festival begins. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Dartgod

Tombiman wrote: »
    A perfect time for Taylor to be off form as the Gleneagle festival begins. :D

On the other hand he could take it out on everybody in Killarney !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

I saw him against the Pieman earlier, and it was like a competition to see who could throw the worst darts.
    I was desperate to get a bet on against Taylor in the semis and final, but the bookies I bet with stopped offering it. Meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 truthbetold

not the first time taylor has been wrote off lets see, next week end should be interesting, is wade going to the gleneagle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Fair play to Wade, earlier in the day Taylor had beaten Wade 6-1 so it must have been tough to mentally prepare for a match against a guy who beat you 6-1 earlier in the day.

Only man to give Taylor a game in the early stage was Steve Beaton.

Delighted for Wade, I'm a big fan of Wade and Lewis. Both players really coming on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Beat by Joe Cullen in Killarney today!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

That's 4 tournaments in a row now Taylor has played without winning it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭dexter647

dartbhoy wrote: »
    That's 4 tournaments in a row now Taylor has played without winning it out!

A minor blip i would say... I'm sure come Jan he'll be world champ again..

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭villabren

Everytime he gets written off he comes back stronger. I can see him turning the world championships into a cakewalk, like he did after Painter beat him in Citywest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Dicie

Hes getting older, we must remember he is over 50. He has also gone thru alot of changes, lost alot of weight, this will have an effect of his balance and action.

Im not a fan of his, in any way shape or form, and think it is good for the game of darts when he doesnt win everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

cue change of darts darts to the all new phil taylor phase whatever cost €80

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Bluezar

I tried my best tonight in an exhibition in the forum in Waterford to beat him tonight. He left me on 231 from 701, happy enough a i did alright. Great buzz to play the Power on the big stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

He's been beaten in 2 weeks by 2 young men in Lewis and Cullen that he took under his arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

Bluezar wrote: »
    I tried my best tonight in an exhibition in the forum in Waterford to beat him tonight. He left me on 231 from 701, happy enough a i did alright. Great buzz to play the Power on the big stage!

ye great night. Was at it but did not get to play. Some great shots from him including when I asked him to go for 141 after he hit back to back 180's. What did he do? T20, T19 and D12 for the nine dart sequence. He just walked back and gave me the thumbs up and said thanks!

Thought it was great when one player had 529 left and taylor crossed out the 9 to leave him with only 52 and the young lad took it out in two darts. Brillant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Taylor beaten yet again....obviously he's finished as this time it was a 14 year old!

It was a night to remember for young darts player Josh McCarthy as he claimed the scalp of 15-time world champion Phil ‘The Power’ Taylor. Josh, 14, of Upper Stratton, threw a 15-dart leg to secure a shock victory over his hero in front of 300 cheering fans. Josh, who started playing darts aged five and plays for Wiltshire Men’s B side won an under-16s tournament to earn the right to face Taylor.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

The young lad should have taken down the board and asked Taylor to sign it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭dexter647

greened wrote: »
    The young lad should have taken down the board and asked Taylor to sign it:)

That would have been class:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

I don't see the big hullabaluh. Ryan Maher beat him too. Barely a note in the press. This is all over the english darts articles and on teletext aswell (BBC somewhere in the sports section)

Is this really darts news that a 14 year old beat Taylor in one leg of 501, and if so why doesn't ever young lad that beats him get press.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

When I started a thread on this it was more of a laugh because Taylor had went 2 events without winning an event but I never thought that near the end of November he'd be after going 5 events without winning!

It was the long distance games that Taylor used to dominate and beat up his opponents but in the Grand Prix and now the Grand Slam he has let big leads slip in long distance games and maybe Taylor can't concentrate as much now on the longer format games?

Interesting times ahead with the World Championship coming up next month,Taylor will be the favourite again to lift the trophy but I wonder will the long format games be his undoing in Ally Pally?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭buster180

I think the set format in the worlds will see him win it again. Hope I’m wrong :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭damo180

i think this is the beginning of the end for taylor, not that he is playing that bad, but i think the fear is gone from the other players. they now know he is beatable. And i dont think taylor will be able to cope with just winning the odd tournament...I also think it might be good for darts with different winners, and I cant see anyone dominating the game ever again the way taylor has.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

It will be nice to see a final where we can't be sure of the result. As for Taylor, there's not much wrong with his game really. The eyesight is not really a factor but lack of confidence is. His hand and dart shakes so badly now at times when he's on a double that I'm amazed the rattle can't be heard. If he gets the head right again then he can go on for a few more years .... If ....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭johnny_cash

It's just a pity the bookies don't think he's finished boylesports have him 1/2 to win the world championship.I don't like taylor but i know who i'd be picking to win the world championship, a certain 15 time world champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

greened wrote: »
    ye great night. Was at it but did not get to play. Some great shots from him including when I asked him to go for 141 after he hit back to back 180's. What did he do? T20, T19 and D12 for the nine dart sequence. He just walked back and gave me the thumbs up and said thanks!

Thought it was great when one player had 529 left and taylor crossed out the 9 to leave him with only 52 and the young lad took it out in two darts. Brillant.

Believe it or not that young lad was me, i threw some shocking scores though and I could have played a lot better but i took out the 52 finish when it mattered.

Proudest moment of my Life....!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    Believe it or not that young lad was me, i threw some shocking scores though and I could have played a lot better but i took out the 52 finish when it mattered.

Proudest moment of my Life....!!!!

spoken like a true pro :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

spoken like a true pro :D:D

Told ya I wasnt lying

Advertisement