Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cool Inventions / Kickstarters / Crowdfunding thread

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

511715.jpg

This should be a real thing. F*ck team building exercises and stress management techniques!

512133.jpg

And this. Definitely this.

512123.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,218 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

• Advertisement

It's a way increase the water intake of elderly people with dementia - they often get severely dehydrated because they forget to drink or don't feel thirsty or refuse to drink, and that's very dangerous. Also, some have big trouble swallowing liquids, which is a danger in itself because they can go down the wrong way and cause ab ingestis pneumonia.

There's more information about the whole thing on the captions.

Ahh right, thought it was just an image

It's a gif/video, but they don't always embed, that's why I added the link underneath. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,942 ✭✭✭Doge

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

^^^^^

Toccata and fugue in D minor by Bach played on wine glasses :cool:

See also Glass Harmonica , the sound of the "new instrument" is very similar to one of the options on the old Casio Keyboards

Doge wrote: »
    Here's an Irish one I backed called Ripcord by MyVolts which was successfully funded recently.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/48955335/ripcord-the-plug-n-play-anywhere-usb-power-cable/description

Its a USB cable with a voltage converter that can power Guitar Pedals, Synthesizers, Keyboards, Small Amps, Drum machines, Mixers and even some retro game consoles etc.. from a USB mains adapter, Power Bank battery, computer or even an Android phone.

I have one of their pre Ripcord Cables which is basically the same and I use it to power my Korg Volca Keys fom USB instead of having to buy an expensive power adapter or use 6 AA batteries, and it works really well.

I guess if you know your voltages, amperages, polarity and barallel sizes you could use this to power virtually any DC powered devices like Routers etc..once it uses less than 1A.

The first review of Ripcord is up........and its by me! ;)

3 years was a long time to wait but it was totally worth it.

529269.jpg

Ikea Advertising
    529152.jpg

Saw this posted by the designer on the "3D Printing Useful Things!" Facebook group:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3682303

482649.jpg

It's called a "screw sizer" and basically lets you measure or quickly identify the random screws and nuts and bolts you have lying in a drawer or box in your shed.

I used use a digital calipers bit this seems much faster!

The horizontal part is a ruler which is tricky to see in that photo.

There's a few versions of it including a metic and imperial one and some others.

539524.jpg

539436.jpg

Great idea but what's with the video, like it cuts off before it's finished

These new 4K & 1080P Nebula projectors by Anker will be amazing if they can pull it off.

Nebula Cosmos Max: World's 1st 4K Home Cinema with 3D Audio, via @Kickstarter

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nbl/nebula-cosmos-max-worlds-first-4k-home-cinema-with-3d-audio?ref=android_project_share

• Advertisement

551533.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

^^^ Please excuse my ignorance. I read through this picture, but don't quite understand how the converted audio speech helps a deaf person? Or am I completely missing something?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭Kat1170

So people who don't understand sign language can still understand her ???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Kat1170 wrote: »

And more importantly who are not deaf. :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

These new 4K & 1080P Nebula projectors by Anker will be amazing if they can pull it off.

Nebula Cosmos Max: World's 1st 4K Home Cinema with 3D Audio, via @Kickstarter

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nbl/nebula-cosmos-max-worlds-first-4k-home-cinema-with-3d-audio?ref=android_project_share
    What am I missing here :confused:

The RRP for 1080 is $699, 900 Lumens and 4K is $1699 r 1500 Lumens and the "3D" speakers are built in rather than separate.

https://euro.richersounds.ie/c-18-projectors.aspx?swapstore=1#pgnum=&sort=

What am I missing here :confused:

The RRP for 1080 is $699, 900 Lumens and 4K is $1699 r 1500 Lumens and the "3D" speakers are built in rather than separate.

https://euro.richersounds.ie/c-18-projectors.aspx?swapstore=1#pgnum=&sort=

It's the native 4k resolution without upscaling.

None of the ones I looked at on richer sounds are native 4k.

The android TV. integration ups the cost also. I'm not saying it's not overpriced of anything but it will be a cool feat if they can pull of 4k with a small projector.

It's the native 4k resolution without upscaling.
    The android TV. integration ups the cost also.
    Unless they start making DLP chips themselves all they will be doing is what the Chinese will do. Sticking an off the shelf component in to a cheap box.

Android TV isn't magic. Compare to the cost of a 4K chip and the spec needed to run 4K it's just extra firmware. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Kat1170 wrote: »

Ah, thanks. Gotcha. Had my numpty switch inadvertently turned on. :\

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

https://artiphon.com/pages/orba

Absolutely in love with Orba by Artiphon already and its only in the Kickstarter phase!
    You can make beats on the go with it thanks to its built in samples and synth sounds and looper, connect it via bluetooth to its native app on your smart device and 3rd party apps for the even more sounds
    Use it as a mini keyboard and expressivity controller via USB C MIDI or bluetooth meaning you can connect it to your pc and hardware synths via a MIDI host.
    Its an amazingly simple but flexible little device, that will be a hit all age groups, music therapists, live performers, the list is endless! And its quite affordable too.
    Cant wait to get my habns on it after launch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

https://artiphon.com/pages/orba

Absolutely in love with Orba by Artiphon already and its only in the Kickstarter phase!
    You can make beats on the go with it thanks to its built in samples and synth sounds and looper, connect it via bluetooth to its native app on your smart device and 3rd party apps for the even more sounds
    Use it as a mini keyboard and expressivity controller via USB C MIDI or bluetooth meaning you can connect it to your pc and hardware synths via a MIDI host.
    Its an amazingly simple but flexible little device, that will be a hit all age groups, music therapists, live performers, the list is endless! And its quite affordable too.
    Cant wait to get my habns on it after launch.

MIDI over Bluetooth can have incredibly latency, but this is a really cool gadget. I wonder how a connected cable would effect the built in censors, would they be as accurate.

Advertisement