Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Puroresu (Japanese Wrestling) thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

That angle was unreal, wasn't expecting it at all. If he's actually back that match is going to be great. Thought the tag match was really good, Suzuki and Okada always work well together so no complaints if he's getting a shot. That has to be one of the best Jay White matches too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

It took me a solid 10 seconds to realise what was happening, then it was like "WaitwhatWHATWHAAAAAATTTT????"

Unreal moment. Really hope it's what it looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Absolutely phenomenal angle loved it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,667 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I thought I'd lost the capacity to be surprised by wrestling. But the instant KENTA hit Shibata, a guy sidelined by a feckin brain injury, I felt a hate rise in me for the former. I was god damn worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,667 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I'm also delighted that Ibushi won the G1. I've said it in this thread before that I think he's the best wrestler in the world. The Okada and Omega series of matches are rightfully lauded as the greatest ever, but that's due to the callbacks and story building they had from their previous encounters. It was a masterclass on building from previous bouts.

If I want to watch a one off match just to be entertained then I go straight to Ibushi. Only Ospreay and Styles come close for watchability.

• Advertisement

The card has been announced for Royal Quest, Okada/Suzuki, ZSJ/Tanahashi and Ishii/KENTA among the title matches. Naito/SANADA vs Bullet Club too, could this be the first shoots of an intra-LIJ feud? SANADA was the first to throw up the fist for the salute the other night...

And Ibushi says he wants to challenge for the IWGP heavyweight championship on the first night of Wrestle Kingdom, and the Intercontinental championship on the second night.

Looks like Shibata won't be cleared to return to the ring. Not really surprising and clearly the right decision, though that would have been some match to get. Still a great angle that got major heat on KENTA.

Shibata's profile has returned to the NJPW active roster page. NJPW are the ultimate teases.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

Great card for Royal Quest on Saturday. Pity it's not been shown live on World though.€28 is very expensive to watch it live on fite. Will be waiting for the VOD to be put up on World.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Ali Bomaye wrote: »
    Great card for Royal Quest on Saturday. Pity it's not been shown live on World though.€28 is very expensive to watch it live on fite. Will be waiting for the VOD to be put up on World.

We’re screening it in Buskers OTB for free if you’re based in Dublin. There’s a full party for NXT UK and AEW that costs €5 afterwards, but the NJPW part is free (because there’ll be football on at the same time so it’ll be on one screen).

• Advertisement

Ali Bomaye wrote: »

It's a cracker of a card. Pity it's not on World alright, I was going to wait for it to get uploaded but all they have said is it will be up 'in September'. Don't want to risk getting results spoiled, already happened with the Super J-Cup. Fite is weird, was showing me All Out for €17.95 and then Royal Quest for $24.99, so got it for about €22 in the end.

It's a cracker of a card. Pity it's not on World alright, I was going to wait for it to get uploaded but all they have said is it will be up 'in September'. Don't want to risk getting results spoiled, already happened with the Super J-Cup. Fite is weird, was showing me All Out for €17.95 and then Royal Quest for $24.99, so got it for about €22 in the end.

Yeah wish I could've made the trip over for it, Rev Pro have David Starr v Will Ospreay tonight, would've been an awesome double header of shows to be there for. Ishii v Kenta should be an absolute banger. I just can't justify paying that much for it considering I paid less for the entire G1. Just checked my fite account and apparently I have enough credits for it but also want to use those for Blood Sport ha.

Tanahashi the new British Heavyweight Champ, that's pretty big for RevPro. Great show so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Been lucky to see some amazing matches in person from different companies. However, Okada vs Suzuki was in another league. I’ve never felt a crowd react like that before, and even though everyone thought the result was obvious going in, they turned everyone of us into marks and made us believe that nothing was set in stone.

A great night topped by a very special match-up. If NJPW do another show in England do yourself a favor and go, you won’t regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Okada/SANADA, Moxley/Juice and Ospreay/ELP announced for King of Pro Wrestling.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Been lucky to see some amazing matches in person from different companies. However, Okada vs Suzuki was in another league. I’ve never felt a crowd react like that before, and even though everyone thought the result was obvious going in, they turned everyone of us into marks and made us believe that nothing was set in stone.

A great night topped by a very special match-up. If NJPW do another show in England do yourself a favor and go, you won’t regret it.

Aye, I was there too and it was frigging great live.

Not much happened on the 3 Korakuens this week. Only thing of note was Suzuki's attack on Liger and a strong main event with Sabre & Suzuki v Tanahashi & Taguchi. Sabre & Suzuki are such a good team, constant double team submission moves.

Rock 'N' Roll Express announced to make their NJPW debut on the Fighting Spirit Unleashed tour, which is mad considering how long they've been on the go for.

Rock 'N' Roll Express announced to make their NJPW debut on the Fighting Spirit Unleashed tour, which is mad considering how long they've been on the go for.

i dont know they didnt go there before now crazy and its crazy there going at their age

• Advertisement

Super J Cup with English commentary up on World now.

Good start to the big Destruction shows today. Enjoyed GOD v Ishii & Yoshi-Hashi and ZSJ v Tanahashi. Tomorrow should be excellent with Ospreay / Egales v Phantasmo / Ishimori and Ibushi v Kenta, though I expect a lot of interference in the latter.

Thought I'd be sick of Tana/ZSJ at this stage but that was their best match together this year, great stuff. Looking forward to Ibushi/KENTA today, the G1 match was excellent.

Loved that Suzuki and Liger post match angle, surely it's leading to the one on one at Wrestle Kingdom. The Bullet Club/Birds of Prey match was great, Ibushi/KENTA wasn't.

Yeah fantastic show in Kagoshima up until the main event. Uemura v Connors was great stuff, Yoh getting the pin on Tama Tonga and the Liger/Suzuki angle made it very eventful. Loved the exchanges between Shingo and Goto, and the Jr Tag Title match was really good. Did not like the structure of the Kenta v Ibushi match at all, and ignoring the damage to the leg was too much for me to take this time. It was focused on so much it needed to be a bigger part of the finish to the match. Also Kenta taking a loss like this seems counter productive.

Moxley says he'll be at Wrestle Kingdom. Hopefully, prefer seeing him in NJPW than AEW.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭ThePott

I'm way out of the loop on NJPW but Jesus Christ Kishin Liger is terrifying.

ThePott wrote: »
    I'm way out of the loop on NJPW but Jesus Christ Kishin Liger is terrifying.

Was brilliant, wasn't expecting it at all, only the fourth time in his career Kishin has appeared. Poor oul Suzuki nearly got the spike square through the centre of his head!

Also looks like King of Pro Wrestling could be card of the year on paper. Okada/SANADA, EVIL/Ibushi, White/Goto, Mox/Juice, GOD/3K, Ishii/KENTA, Ospreay/Phantasmo and possibly Liger/Suzuki. Hard to beat that for match quality.

Liger/Suzuki official for King of Pro Wrestling. That is going to be epic, does make me wonder who his last match will be with at Wrestle Kingdom though? He deserves better than ELP. Tanahashi maybe?

• Advertisement

Liger/Suzuki official for King of Pro Wrestling. That is going to be epic, does make me wonder who his last match will be with at Wrestle Kingdom though? He deserves better than ELP. Tanahashi maybe?

loved liger reveal such a great moment but thought like you it would be saved for wrestle kingdom and actually think it should be. Tana would be great elp would not be good has there been hints at that as im way behind at catching up

Advertisement