Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stretchy, comfy skinny jeans?

• 09-02-2020 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I'm after realising my trusty skinny jeans are too worn out to keep wearing and will have to face the dreaded jeans shopping again!

I find it really hard to find jeans that are comfortable and I suffer from IBS/bloating, so anything without a forgiving waistband is really hard for me to wear.

I had a pair from Zara which were extremely stretchy but have had no luck finding the same or similar ones again. I prefer 'proper' jeans to thin jeggings and it seems impossible to find what I'm looking for.

Any suggestions are very welcome!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Have you tried Tiffosi Jean's?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

I like oasis. Maybe go for a size up to allow for extra tummy room when needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

Stheno wrote: »
    Have you tried Tiffosi Jean's?

No, I hadn't heard of them until now. They look nice but seems like you can only buy them online? Amazon etc.

I like oasis. Maybe go for a size up to allow for extra tummy room when needed.

This is the issue, as I'm a small size 10, so going up to a 12 makes the jeans look very baggy and loose. The 10s are grand until I eat something and get bloating and then they're mega uncomfortable. :(

Are the Oasis ones quite stretchy?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

No, I hadn't heard of them until now. They look nice but seems like you can only buy them online? Amazon etc.

Are you in Dublin? Neola in Malahide sell them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Stheno wrote: »
    Are you in Dublin? Neola in Malahide sell them

http://www.neolaapparel.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

This is the issue, as I'm a small size 10, so going up to a 12 makes the jeans look very baggy and loose. The 10s are grand until I eat something and get bloating and then they're mega uncomfortable. :(

Are the Oasis ones quite stretchy?

They do different types. I have quite tight ones but also ones with a big more give and are more stretchy. I think the grace capri ones are more elasticity.

I've a similar issue in that if i go a bigger size they are huge on the legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭jellybear

I find Savida black skinnies good. They keep their shape well and are a nice, comfortable fabric. Kinda like a soft denim.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

I cant reccomend Tesco F&F 4 way contour jeans enough...
    They come in a range of colours & leg lengths, keep their shape well, even at the knees & have just enough stretch. The sizing is generous so size down (even with the ibs) They are only €28 & are by far the most comfortable Jean's I've found.

Thanks for the advice, everyone. Have ordered a pair of the Tiffosi jeans - quite intrigued at the 'one size' aspect and hoping they will be really stretchy and comfy. Will let you know how they are in case anyone else is interested!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Pull and bear jeans have very stretchy waists, I find their sizing annoying as the legs and bum fit but the waist is always so stretchy I need a belt to keep them on. Might be worth ordering a pair, theyre reasonably priced too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,807 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Just wondering did the Jeans arrive Lainey?

They did arrive but arrived absolutely filthy :( Don't know had they been worn or what but covered in dust and what looks like stains! Will probably have to send them back. They do look very stretchy and comfortable though, so would like to reorder!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

They come in a range of colours & leg lengths, keep their shape well, even at the knees & have just enough stretch. The sizing is generous so size down (even with the ibs) They are only €28 & are by far the most comfortable Jean's I've found.

Yes, and they've even improved them at some point over the last year, great jeans! Just as good as the €50 Diesel ones I'd been buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

The Cool wrote: »
    Yes, and they've even improved them at some point over the last year, great jeans! Just as good as the €50 Diesel ones I'd been buying.

@Sinister Kid & The Cool - I was in tesco today and spotted F&F contour jeans and F&F 4 way stretch. I couldn't find the '4 way contour jeans' however. Has the style name for the jeans changed by any chance?

Advertisement