Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Free SKY remote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭momec

Thanks very much, just ordered one

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Where would i find my acc no?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

On your bill?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Dont have any bills or anything to do with sky in the house at the moment, must have been thrown out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Where does it say you get it for free? i hope they don't add it to your bill/acc :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 215 ✭✭ceecee14

I've never gotten a bill from sky, how do I find my account number?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

ceecee14 wrote: »
    I've never gotten a bill from sky, how do I find my account number?

You can ask them, if you ring them up, as normally they'll ask you & if you don't know it, they'll ask you for your landline no & go from there?

I've rang them up, so many times, it's beaten into me, also you can ask for the bills to be sent out!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Log into your Sky account, click on the My Sky tab and then click on Review my Sky package. Your account number will be in the top right of the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

Gutted only just bought one off grabone...typical!

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭DublinBeaker

Is it free though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭murphf

mirec wrote: »
    you can request replacement sky remote for free.
    sky account number is required

https://accessibility.sky.com/faqs/request-remote-control

Thanks a mil!!

Is it free though?

Oh God I hope so, I ordered one (which I didnt actually need) last night

• Registered Users Posts: 28,386 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I would be careful about this as it's meant for people with disabilities or reduced dexterity.

More info I found is here.

Don't see the word free anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Lads, this is like parking in a disabled spot. Leave it for those who need it.

murpho999 wrote: »
    I would be careful about this as it's meant for people with disabilities or reduced dexterity.

Oh God I didnt realise that, although I probably should have.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,296 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

My mother will be able to use it as she is partially sighted but she has the older standalone box with no dvr facilities and I was wondering can you use this with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

murpho999 wrote: »

More info I found is here.

Don't see the word free anywhere.

Request a Sky+ easy grip remote control

Sky customers* with disabilities can request a Sky+ easy grip remote control free of charge. The Sky+ easy grip remote control comes with batteries and instructions included.

*the account holder can order the remote for a family member who is in permanent residence at the account holders address.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭murphf

meathman0 wrote: »
    Request a Sky+ easy grip remote control

Sky customers* with disabilities can request a Sky+ easy grip remote control free of charge. The Sky+ easy grip remote control comes with batteries and instructions included.

*the account holder can order the remote for a family member who is in permanent residence at the account holders address.

Ah lads it didn't say that.. How do we cancel it?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Had never actually heard of this, but it sounds suitable for my father, so thanks to the OP anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Might be useful to link this to the forums for long term illness and that.

• Advertisement

I have emailed www.skytv.custhelp.com to cancel so hopefully they will, you will need your account number which you can get by logging into your my sky account. Thanks OP anyway, my sister has a little lad with SN who is glad to get this and who actually needed it (unlike me who was being greedy).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

Anything that can take money from Rupert Murdoch is good for society.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

rom wrote: »
    Anything that can take money from Rupert Murdoch is good for society.

:rolleyes:

What will happen is that they will just stop doing them for free eventually, then the people that need them will be the ones to lose out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Where does it say you get it for free? i hope they don't add it to your bill/acc :eek:

From the FAQ:

Q -
    I heard Sky has a new remote control, is this correct?

A -
    Yes we have developed an Easy Grip accessible remote control, for more information visit our Get the most from Sky section. There are two styles, the Strap version comes with handle on the battery door which slips over your hand and allows you to hold the remote even if you do not have good grip. The bubble back remote has a more tactile battery door making it easier to hold. There are also changes to the front of the remote, raised buttons and large text on the buttons will help people with a visual impairment.

If you would benefit from one of these you can request one free of charge by using our help request form or contact the Accessible Customer Service team.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭Soarer

So able-bodiest!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Requested one before reading this thread and I feel bad now.

How can I go about cancelling the order?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Thanks OP!
    Going to order this with a clean conscience as i believe i'll qualify as "partially sighted" if i take of my glasses when i want to use this.
    blind as fook without de googles :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

I had to cancel my €34 monthly sky subscription last year because I couldn't afford it. I had to choose between paying for sky or paying for house insurance. Of course I opted to pay the house insurance.
    My dear Wife suffers from cataracts so one of those remote controls would be hugely beneficial to her in watching the few free channels we receive through our sky box.
    If any of you get one of those remote controls from sky and don't really want or need it, we'd be very grateful if you'd pass it on to us. We would be quite happy to pay for the jiffy bag and postage.
    Kind regards,
    bagels

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

bagels wrote: »
    I had to cancel my €34 monthly sky subscription last year because I couldn't afford it. I had to choose between paying for sky or paying for house insurance. Of course I opted to pay the house insurance.
    My dear Wife suffers from cataracts so one of those remote controls would be hugely beneficial to her in watching the few free channels we receive through our sky box.
    If any of you get one of those remote controls from sky and don't really want or need it, we'd be very grateful if you'd pass it on to us. We would be quite happy to pay for the jiffy bag and postage.
    Kind regards,
    bagels

Clearly you didn't read http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=94482039

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Everyone conveniently seems to have an olde ma or da badly needing a remote all of a sudden............

Advertisement