Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Beat Saber with Imagine Dragons and Greenday bundles bought along with Creed Rise of Glory :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I usually wait til later in the evening to go to Smyths when quieter, but not an option since they stopped their late openings on Friday.
    I see the payment pending anyway in my account.

So had a quick look but couldn't find an answer. Any reviews saying how long Iron Man is?

Speaking of length, what are the longer PSVR games?

I think Iron Man is around 8 hours. Saints n Sinners about double that. Longest psvr games probably Skyrim n Borderlands 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,778 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Didn't realise Skyrim VR was the whole game. Thought it was just the equivalent of the Doom VR game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,612 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

coolisin wrote: »
    The Mega Pack is available in Smyth's stores, your paying €329 now where it had €100off recently.
    And the Moves seem to be available off them also.

Up to you if you want to spend 400 but you get the kit and 5 great games.

Tbh if I was spending that money you'd be aswell getting the oculus quest.

While I'd agree the Quest is a great headset it's important to note the games never get nearly the same level of discounts as you get on PSVR, so you would expect to always pay in region of +€20 for discounted games, notwithstanding sales are rare. The real value of a Quest comes when paired with a powerful gaming PC and cheap SteamVR games, playing wirelessly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

mrcheez wrote: »
    While I'd agree the Quest is a great headset it's important to note the games never get nearly the same level of discounts as you get on PSVR, so you would expect to always pay in region of +€20 for discounted games, notwithstanding sales are rare. The real value of a Quest comes when paired with a powerful gaming PC and cheap SteamVR games, playing wirelessly.

Didn't think of that aspect, as I suppose my brief and few encounters with the quest I didn't need to!
    Someone else had footed the bill!

But at the current price closer to €400 with everything it's pushing it up to the 64gb quest price (when it's in stock) and some folks may complain.
    Obviously the psvr comes with 5/6 games and a demo disc.

Do not get me wrong 100% get the PSVR it's my favourite piece of "extra kit" I've bought and more importantly with out buying a full gaming rig to get a VR headset in 2016/17.
    And more importantly it wasn't a mobile phone in a headset VR job!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,463 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just collected my Iron Man pack. The disc box has not barcode 'not for resale' so there goes trading it/selling it. They should have just given a digital code. Also, surprised there are no cables with the controllers. I have one usb cable that came with the ps4 charging one move and I have another cable i got from cex but that seems to have killed my ds4 battery and sometimes doesn't recognise it when it's plugged in so don't want to use that. Have to take turns now charging the move controllers. Not gonna spend more on the move docking station.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,778 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

No cables? That's pretty crap. If playing with 2 controllers then both will likely need charging at the same time.

Bundle is 99.99 on argos for anyone who finds that handier to get to

It's a good idea to get a charging stand for the PSVR headset with docking cradles etc.
    The one I bought doesn't appear to be on sale, but this one looks good too: https://www.amazon.co.uk/PSVR-Showcase-Charge-Stand-PS4/dp/B01LYGCK1M/

I then purchased a small €4 stool from IKEA: https://www.ikea.com/ie/en/p/marius-stool-black-10135659/

I put the stool in front of my media centre just to the right of my TV, then I put my PSVR headset cradle on top of it and I can tuck all cables under the stool.

Just keeps it all nice and tidy.

More importantly it keeps the cables away from my Roomba ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

CastorTroy wrote: »
    No cables? That's pretty crap. If playing with 2 controllers then both will likely need charging at the same time.

Bundle is 99.99 on argos for anyone who finds that handier to get to

Thanks, just reserved one in Naas, will collect tomorrow.

Was looking at getting move controllers for long time, but they were nowhere to be seen whenever I looked.

Fun weekend ahead :)

Didn't think of that aspect, as I suppose my brief and few encounters with the quest I didn't need to!
    Someone else had footed the bill!

But at the current price closer to €400 with everything it's pushing it up to the 64gb quest price (when it's in stock) and some folks may complain.
    Obviously the psvr comes with 5/6 games and a demo disc.

Do not get me wrong 100% get the PSVR it's my favourite piece of "extra kit" I've bought and more importantly with out buying a full gaming rig to get a VR headset in 2016/17.
    And more importantly it wasn't a mobile phone in a headset VR job!

While the headset is fantastic, it's not a great value machine if you intend on buying games just for the headset as you'll be spending €100 on 2-3 games, not to mention they're all digital so no opportunity to sell onto CEX.

It says something that I've only actually bought 3 games for the Quest since I've had it: Vader Immortal 1,2 and 3.

But I've bought shedloads of SteamVR games which I play using my Quest.

So I guess it goes like this:

- If you have a PS4 and normal PC, get PSVR

- If you have a PS4 and VR-compatible PC, it's a tough call. I'd personally recommend the Quest and then play games wirelessly. Many would say get a Rift S, but that wire... man it's so immersion-breaking, even if the visuals are slightly better on Rift S.

- If you have no PS4, get a Quest. For the price of buying a PS4, you'll be able to buy loads of Quest games which are really good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

It's a good idea to get a charging stand for the PSVR headset with docking cradles etc.
    The one I bought doesn't appear to be on sale, but this one looks good too: https://www.amazon.co.uk/PSVR-Showcase-Charge-Stand-PS4/dp/B01LYGCK1M/

I then purchased a small €4 stool from IKEA: https://www.ikea.com/ie/en/p/marius-stool-black-10135659/

I put the stool in front of my media centre just to the right of my TV, then I put my PSVR headset cradle on top of it and I can tuck all cables under the stool.

Just keeps it all nice and tidy.

More importantly it keeps the cables away from my Roomba ;)

I have that charging stand. Its handy to use as a holder for the headset along with charging the Moves and a dualshock controller

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Just collected my Iron Man pack. The disc box has not barcode 'not for resale' so there goes trading it/selling it. They should have just given a digital code. Also, surprised there are no cables with the controllers. I have one usb cable that came with the ps4 charging one move and I have another cable i got from cex but that seems to have killed my ds4 battery and sometimes doesn't recognise it when it's plugged in so don't want to use that. Have to take turns now charging the move controllers. Not gonna spend more on the move docking station.

Keep in mind, your PS4 cables won't work to charge the Moves. It uses the PS3 Dualshock 3 style charging cable, that being a mini USB. The PS4 charging cable is a micro USB.

I got charging dock for €4 in CEX - cant go wrong with that price

https://ie.webuy.com/product-detail?id=sps3valuemoc&categoryName=playstation4-accessories&superCatName=gaming&title=value-playstation-move-charging-dock

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

bazzz wrote: »
    Did anyone here pre-order Iron Man VR from GameStop Online?
    I just got an email to say there was a delay with their stock and it'll arrive on Monday instead. First time this has happened to any GS Pre- Order of mine.
    Not a big deal for me, I can wait. Bit late letting people know though.

20200702-140623.jpg

they called me, also getting 10e credit for the delay

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Keep in mind, your PS4 cables won't work to charge the Moves. It uses the PS3 Dualshock 3 style charging cable, that being a mini USB. The PS4 charging cable is a micro USB.

I got charging dock for €4 in CEX - cant go wrong with that price

https://ie.webuy.com/product-detail?id=sps3valuemoc&categoryName=playstation4-accessories&superCatName=gaming&title=value-playstation-move-charging-dock

The Moves have Mini usb just like DS4. That docking station looks good but out of stock in my ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

The Moves have Mini usb just like DS4. That docking station looks good but out of stock in my ones.

Think there's two versions of moves, new ones have mini

• Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Think there's two versions of moves, new ones have mini

Micro. The old standard was mini, but yeah there's an updated version of the moves with micro.

Sorry I meant mine have Micro like DS4, stupid naming convention.

I bought this from amazon should arrive midweek, I have a spot for my headset so no need for me to buy one to suit headwet also. But I am low on USB ports.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B082B2NX5W?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I assume that if they sell the new batch and are not including the cable then it must be the new micro USB just like regular ds4 controller.

Same way original ds4 is sold without cable, but as this cable comes originally with ps4 purchased then it can be used.

Selling move controller with mini USB in 2020 without compatible cable as ps4 accessories is a no no in my opinion.

While the headset is fantastic, it's not a great value machine if you intend on buying games just for the headset as you'll be spending €100 on 2-3 games, not to mention they're all digital so no opportunity to sell onto CEX.

It says something that I've only actually bought 3 games for the Quest since I've had it: Vader Immortal 1,2 and 3.

But I've bought shedloads of SteamVR games which I play using my Quest.

So I guess it goes like this:

- If you have a PS4 and normal PC, get PSVR

- If you have a PS4 and VR-compatible PC, it's a tough call. I'd personally recommend the Quest and then play games wirelessly. Many would say get a Rift S, but that wire... man it's so immersion-breaking, even if the visuals are slightly better on Rift S.

- If you have no PS4, get a Quest. For the price of buying a PS4, you'll be able to buy loads of Quest games which are really good.

Fair points, you win :D

I mean you have these things so a man of experience!
    It's the wireless novelty of the quest makes it awesome.

However I find the comfort of the PSVR minus the cable a massive win!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Micro. The old standard was mini, but yeah there's an updated version of the moves with micro.

I was not aware of this. That's good so. I have 2 moves, but ever since i upgraded to a PS4 Pro, i cannot get one of them to connect, no matter what i try. Pretty odd, considering it connected seamlessly with the base model (day 1) Ps4

However I find the comfort of the PSVR minus the cable a massive win!!!

aye the cable on PSVR is massive, I still have the version 1 with the huge junction box hanging around my waist :pac:

Haven't touched Ironman yet, mate wanted to play some firewall so played that till 10, now about 40mins into beat saber, I suck but what a game.. Must try box vr now too and creed

Man, flying around as iron Man is class. Just did the first mission and then it wanted me to be Tony and i just turned out off. Will do back to it but wanted to try other games. Doesn'tt the rest of the night playing Superhot. Jesus that's addictive, just noticed it's time for bed but I'm sweating, like i just had a workout :pac:

Walking dead and blood and truth tomorrow night :)

Man, flying around as iron Man is class. Just did the first mission and then it wanted me to be Tony and i just turned out off. Will do back to it but wanted to try other games. Doesn'tt the rest of the night playing Superhot. Jesus that's addictive, just noticed it's time for bed but I'm sweating, like i just had a workout :pac:

Walking dead and blood and truth tomorrow night :)

This reminds me I still need to play superhot haha.. tomorrow will be a day of VR

• Registered Users Posts: 13,795 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Well this doesn't look good. I know they mentioned that it would be used for viewing live concerts, etc, but there's the possibility of it potentially creeping into games if it's allowed:

PSVR In-Display Ads patent

I stopped playing NBA 2K20 recently because there are forced ads for Kia or some other jeep. No better way to kill a game or feature than to put ads in it. Don't like this, but if they guarantee it will only be for concerts, etc and will be staying away from games, then I don't mind. But money...

I have no problem with ads..... if they are in something that's free to play. Was so scummy in nba 2k to put them in when they already make ridiculous money off mtx. Paying hundreds for a device should not have forced ads. I can't see it making it to games as they are trying to expand the market and not force people away.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,614 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I was looking at the tunes in Beat Saber (a game I plan on getting down the line) and it could do with some RUSH. The epic just over 20 minutes 2112 tune would be great in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,795 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

If you had played Beat Saber, you wouldn't be looking for a 20 minute song! The 8 minute ones are really draining as is! But in general, it needs more songs. Hasn't been a decent one in ages.

• Advertisement

Super hot is great.

As for Iron Man
    Those Tony Stark levels are stupid the ability to wander around would make them better but the teleportation sucks.
    But the missions as iron man are great, it feels amazing.

Advertisement