Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kaleidoscope 2020

• 24-08-2019 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

With information about the 2020 festival being teased on social media I thought I'd get a thread up and running.

Were you there this year and will you go back?

What are your expectations? Bigger (they nearly always are second time around) better (not always...ahem) or mostly the same with tweaks?

Did you fill out the survey? Will it improve things?

I will return and I'm hoping for far better security on the camp site so my child can get some rest this year and better acts during the day time on the main stage with less gaps where there is no music at all.

As an Electric Picnic veteran I enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and I'll be hoping for more of the same.

If it's staying mostly Irish I'd love Villagers, Lisa Hannigan, The Duckworth Lewis Method and Sive to play!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Col45

I enjoyed last 2019. Do you think early bird tickets will be the same again?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭exilec

Hs the date been confirmed yet for next year ?? Can't see anything . Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

I doubt the early bird will be quite as good as last year.

They put on Facebook last Friday that they would have news on date and ticket release early this week, so keep an eye on social media as it should be soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭corm500

The lineup was very poor this year, but it was cheap as chips for tickets. If they are increasing the ticket price, then exponentially they need to increase the caliber of the acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭SteM

We were away this year so couldn't make it. We're close enough to consider going next year, no problem with an 8 year old I would guess? Seemed to be lots for kids to do.

• Advertisement

Double post.

SteM wrote: »
    We were away this year so couldn't make it. We're close enough to consider going next year, no problem with an 8 year old I would guess? Seemed to be lots for kids to do.

Plenty for kids to do! It was a very young crowd this year. The 'things-to-do' side seemed to be better than the music side!

Dates are out folks and more info. Check their FB page or Website.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Col45

No mention of ticket prices or early bird like this year

Col45 wrote: »
    No mention of ticket prices or early bird like this year

No mention. I think it will be very competitive to get those early bird tickets. a lot of families missed out on tickets for Electric Picnic today and will be looking for an alternative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭danois

I think they need to separate camping. Didn’t work not having a family specific camping area. We had security roaring at us to be quiet at 12:30 had no speakers just 2 adults and 2 teens sitting outside the tent chatting. I know there are going to be kids around but come on it’s a festival not everyone wants to sleep at 12:30!

Need to focus a little more on music this year too. Hopefully it will still have the same relaxed vibe as last year as it had the makings of a good festival. Not anywhere near ATN standards yet but was still good. I think early bird prices will be the final decider on if I return or not.

danois wrote: »
    I think they need to separate camping. Didn’t work not having a family specific camping area. We had security roaring at us to be quiet at 12:30 had no speakers just 2 adults and 2 teens sitting outside the tent chatting.

Interesting. We had the opposite experience. A group of roughly 4 families partied hard, music blaring till 4am, sing-song etc on both Friday and Saturday night. We didn't hang around to see if they did it again on Sunday as my child was a nervous, tired wreck by then. No security could be found to deal with it either night!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,311 ✭✭✭Tefral

Got my refund cheque in the post after much badgering.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 suemcdik

Anyone who had car camping last year and opted to get the voucher instead of refund? Did you get your voucher yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Hi. Does anybody have an early bird 'fan verified' code they don't intend to use?

I'd be interested in one too if anyone has a spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭mrbrianj

suemcdik wrote: »
    Anyone who had car camping last year and opted to get the voucher instead of refund? Did you get your voucher yet?

No, had a voucher promised -but nothing after that.

No information received about the early bird booking either - this really gets me! I explained that I was intending to go again next year when I was talking to the customer reps -must of ended up getting taken off the mailing list!!!!

Can they get anything right??

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭paulhardman

Ditto on the 'verified fan' code if there's one going begging...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,357 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So what's the lineup for 2020.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,266 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Interesting. We had the opposite experience. A group of roughly 4 families partied hard, music blaring till 4am, sing-song etc on both Friday and Saturday night. We didn't hang around to see if they did it again on Sunday as my child was a nervous, tired wreck by then. No security could be found to deal with it either night!
    Had the same issue, although on the Saturday night only (minus the nervous child as well - they slept!) but was not the environment we would've brought the children into. That was supposed to be the point of this festival - and why we haven't taken them to adult orientated festivals.

The conditions and camping quiet time was pretty clear, so I don't see how anyone could complain, however it wasn't enforced where we were.

This pretty much summed up the whole festival for us - over promised and under delivered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭fourmations

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Had the same issue, although on the Saturday night only (minus the nervous child as well - they slept!) but was not the environment we would've brought the children into. That was supposed to be the point of this festival - and why we haven't taken them to adult orientated festivals.

The conditions and camping quiet time was pretty clear, so I don't see how anyone could complain, however it wasn't enforced where we were.

This pretty much summed up the whole festival for us - over promised and under delivered.

funny that, we were talking at low volume in close quarters
    for a half an hour after the allotted "quiet time" and were told to hush by the security! which i thought was a bit OTT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭danois

Has anyone received their code yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Guisseppeth

danois wrote: »
    Has anyone received their code yet?

Literally arrived 10 mins ago

• Registered Users Posts: 10 moff13

I was rejected even though I bought my tickets through Ticketmaster last year. Bummer

We regret to inform you that your registration for the Kaleidoscope Loyalty Scheme does not meet the Eligibility Terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭fourmations

moff13 wrote: »
    I was rejected even though I bought my tickets through Ticketmaster last year. Bummer

We regret to inform you that your registration for the Kaleidoscope Loyalty Scheme does not meet the Eligibility Terms.

i got mine as did my bro in law
    I wonder if they are checking EP attendance also before "awarding" codes?

in any case id get on to them and have a moan, cant harm

• Registered Users Posts: 9,266 ✭✭✭Macy0161

i got mine as did my bro in law
    I wonder if they are checking EP attendance also before "awarding" codes?
    Never been EP, and I got one. Maybe a mismatch on the email/ accounts used in Ticketmaster?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

I was unsuccessful too , even though I was there last year. It seems I have two Ticketmaster accounts, but the email asking to register interest was sent to the email that I DIDN'T use to purchase tickets. I replied to that email to register (from my 'incorrect' email) and obviously the two don't tally. So no code for me........ If that makes sense !!!

With that in mind, if anyone has a code and now doesn't intend to use it. I'd be very appreciative of a pm !!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭RustyP

Same here, unsuccessful even though I bought them through my account. If anyone has a spare I will be very appreciative!

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭whelzer

I got the you did not qualify email this morning and just got a disregard that one you do email a few mins ago! I did not go last year so can only presume there is an EP link?

• Advertisement

whelzer wrote: »
    I got the you did not qualify email this morning and just got a disregard that one you do email a few mins ago! I did not go last year so can only presume there is an EP link?

I just got the same and have never been to EP.

Advertisement