Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

25a/b toward Lucan

• 17-06-2019 7:52pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Am I right in saying that there's no point trying to get a 25a/b on the quays after 4pm? Can anyone offer advice on the best place to pick it up short of walking to Merrion Square? Ideally I would get it at Ushers or Merchant's Quay but was left waiting the guts of an hour two days in a row due to multiple phantom or full buses. At Aston Quay everyone is huddled around the bus stop suggesting there's no guarantee of getting it there either. Do I need to consider getting a bus into the city centre to get one out? Is there any alternative for getting to Lucan south at that time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭StreetLight

You could pick up a 151 from Dame Street, which terminates at Foxborough in Lucan South.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

No you can get on. But you need the experience learned from years trying to get a drink in a crowded bar.
    The secret is to turn sideways to squeeze between two people then leverage back to her in front of them. Keep twisting until you get past the card reader.

If you don't have a leap card then you deserve to walk home.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

When I’m not on the bike I get the 25X which leaves UCD at 16:30 and 17:30 so usually gets to the quays in about 25 mins. It goes through the village and terminates on Dodsboro road.

It’s never full in the evenings, mornings are a different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Ya you need to be smart at Aston quay that’s where it normally fills up. If you were to go to college street you would have no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

shanec1928 wrote: »
    Ya you need to be smart at Aston quay that’s where it normally fills up. If you were to go to college street you would have no problems.

The stop on college Street is gone now since last week for the 25/a/b. It's moved down to the Pearse Street stop before the turn on to Tara Street

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭shanec1928

thomasj wrote: »
    The stop on college Street is gone now since last week for the 25/a/b. It's moved down to the Pearse Street stop before the turn on to Tara Street
    a few meters

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

Am I right in saying that there's no point trying to get a 25a/b on the quays after 4pm?

Capacity on the 25a and b increased recently. Between 16:30 and 17:30 there's 9 25as and 25bs.

The great news is thanks to the route from Merrion being so terrible they often end up bunched together so once you have 3 25as coming down the quays together you're bound to get on one!

Advertisement