Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,788 ✭✭✭✭cormie

If any of you get a beep from a van with the logo in my sig, it's me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I saw a boards cyclist on a racing bike about 2 weeks ago on the South Quays in Dublin. Poor guy nearly got knocked down by a moped when it moved across him into the bus lane.

Some impressive swearing ensued. :pac:
    Don't know what poster it was though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Drapper wrote: »
    are these jerseys road exclusinve? I love to wear one off road too :--)

I think Ollie would too ;-)

bring boards to MTB ?

I do noob tootling around Balinastoe in mine. I have yet to graduate to serious mtb.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Verb wrote: »
    I do noob tootling around Balinastoe in mine. I have yet to graduate to serious mtb.

nothing to be ashamed of in B/stoe! :-) we all get out there now and again to let it rip! plus we need to promote it as Coilte will extend and provide more trail centres to grow the sport! whether you are for or against trail centres it has put Scotland and Wales on the international map as great destinations to cyle! (thier is an industry built around mtb over there!!)

@ Tiny :- more into XC mtb so the regular roadie jersey is the best option :-) however the DH jerseys are cool on freeride and DH bikes!

btw allot of roadies are trying thier hand at mtb! they have the fitness but the technical side and balance takes time to conquer!

Drapper wrote: »
    nothing to be ashamed of in B/stoe! :-) we all get out there now and again to let it rip! plus we need to promote it as Coilte will extend and provide more trail centres to grow the sport! whether you are for or against trail centres it has put Scotland and Wales on the international map as great destinations to cyle! (thier is an industry built around mtb over there!!)

@ Tiny :- more into XC mtb so the regular roadie jersey is the best option :-) however the DH jerseys are cool on freeride and DH bikes!

btw allot of roadies are trying thier hand at mtb! they have the fitness but the technical side and balance takes time to conquer!

A boards.ie jersey in mtb action. Notice the group far ahead waiting for the slow-coach.

2624375442_c52a11b8a6.jpg?v=0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

would i be right in saying that is in Downshill in Roundwood??

Balinastoe !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

top man verb! never mind the climbs did you catch them on the decents?

also parts of b/stoe are like vietnam (the bit your coming to in the pic)! they have clearer allot of forest with what looks like napalm

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

I am in interested in getting the shorts aswell as the jersey, as they look good (especially the shorts). I am new to cycling and ahve read to be wary of buying cheap shorts, which the price looks very reasonable at the risk of offending someone are the boards.ie shorts worth buying? When is the next order and how do I get them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

I saw a Boards jersey in the Phoenix park in Dublin, at about 1pm, 'you' were cycling past the zoo, with no hands ( probably to show off the jersey ) heading towards town exit ... on the wrong side of the cycle lane!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Spotted a Boards jersey and shorts on Amiens St yesterday evening at 5.55. I was stopped at the Nth Circular Road junction and you whizzed by.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

A lurker said hello to me this morning cos I was in my jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

No hands, Pheonix park, Sunday, in the wrong cycle lane yup sounds like me alright. Only saw one other cyclist in the park that day. 40-ish year old man on a trek but with a name like caroline_ie i doubt that was you.

No hands was to straighten out my back (need to sort out my nerd posture)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

c0rk3r wrote: »
    No hands, Pheonix park, Sunday, in the wrong cycle lane yup sounds like me alright. Only saw one other cyclist in the park that day. 40-ish year old man on a trek but with a name like caroline_ie i doubt that was you.
    If it was a blue Trek 5000 with Easton wheels, that would be Trek_climber.

120px-Trek_climber.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

blorg wrote: »
    If it was a blue Trek 5000 with Easton wheels, that would be Trek_climber.

120px-Trek_climber.jpg

Definitely not me, at 1pm last Sunday I was still in Killarney.
    40 ish.. definitely not me !!!

c0rk3r wrote: »

No hands was to straighten out my back (need to sort out my nerd posture)

That was you then. I was driving... shame on me I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Definitely not me, at 1pm last Sunday I was still in Killarney.
    40 ish.. definitely not me !!!
    Ha OK, yes, you were in Killarney come to think of it, I was talking to you in the train station. Bit of a brain fart there.

Do many of you train in the Phoenix park?
    I know I do, quite often, because i am sometimes too lazy during the week to go anywhere else ...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I know I do, quite often, because i am sometimes too lazy during the week to go anywhere else ...

Very rarely. Now and then I'll go in on the way back from a spin to get a bit of extra time in as its close to home. Don't like the roads there though. The back stretch between the North Circular and Castleknock should be great, but the speed bumps and poor surface ruin it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

i do :). i was going down there 2 or 3 evenings a week for a few laps before the w200, but i've gotten out of the habit of the midweek stuff since. too lazy. but i have intentions to get back to it properly. i'd be surprised if we haven't crossed paths at some stage. i'd usually be on a black fixie with bullhorns? ring any bells?
    el tonto wrote: »
    The back stretch between the North Circular and Castleknock should be great, but the speed bumps and poor surface ruin it.

yeah the surface there is in bits and the speedbumps are severe. they're resurfacing the whole road at the moment starting at the zoo end and working their way up which i'm looking forward to, it's already much better on the other side on the park where they did it last year. i just find doing laps to be mind numbingly boring now that i've gotten used to getting out in wicklow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

I'm currently learning how to ride my road bike in the Phoenix park, after 20 years on and off various MTBs and hybrids it's a real learning curve!

Finally managed to get the fit right yesterday, so will be back out tonight to fine-tune things. The bike seemed to disappear under me at one point, almost disconcertingly comfortable :)

Shall keep my eyes skinned for jerseys.

niceonetom wrote: »
    i'd be surprised if we haven't crossed paths at some stage. i'd usually be on a black fixie with bullhorns? ring any bells?
    MMMMmmmmm :o I might have seen you... I'll look out for you.
    beans wrote: »
    I'm currently learning how to ride my road bike in the Phoenix park, after 20 years on and off various MTBs and hybrids it's a real learning curve! :)

I Don't think i have seen you ...

I'll look out starting tonight!

Mmmm Yeah ... Identification will be easyer with Boards Jerseys, i was starring at every cyclists out there tonight hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Braylee Fit Billionaire

Mmmm Yeah ... Identification will be easyer with Boards Jerseys, i was starring at every cyclists out there tonight hehe

Since this thread started (and me getting back in the saddle again) I'd have to say 'You and me both'..

I have a mental image of a boards.ie jersey cyclist being chased by a rag-tag army of fellow cyclists in all many off attire and bikes.

:D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Spotted someone this morning. You were coming down Georges Street at around 8:20 in your boards gear. I was going the other way, in Orwell kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Spotted someone this morning. You were coming down Georges Street at around 8:20 in your boards gear. I was going the other way, in Orwell kit.
    Could have been me. If I looked like a fred on a full-sus, then it was me :D

seamus wrote: »
    Could have been me. If I looked like a fred on a full-sus, then it was me :D

Only got a glimpse, but it looked like a red bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Only got a glimpse, but it looked like a red bike?
    Yeah, that's me. :)
    400-213587.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭omri

so how can I buy this jersey ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

omri wrote: »
    so how can I buy this jersey ?

penexpers is putting in an order for them in the next day or so, so get in touch with him asap (send him a pm), and you may just squeak in on this round of orders

Advertisement