Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fortnightly Marvel Graphic Novel Collection

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭statomosh

theyre still doing the original list,they other books are a second series that they are planning to release.the oath wa originally on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

statomosh wrote: »
    theyre still doing the original list,they other books are a second series that they are planning to release.the oath wa originally on the list.

Damn, don't think I can handle another series.
    €15x another 60 books = I do not want to know... we'll I do want to but can't commit so much anymore.

The Oath sounds like a good read, can't say I'm too interested in Ghost Rider though.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ripperman

Damn, don't think I can handle another series.
    €15x another 60 books = I do not want to know... we'll I do want to but can't commit so much anymore.

The Oath sounds like a good read, can't say I'm too interested in Ghost Rider though.

It doesn't look like that from the wiki? It just seems like they added in those as part of the overall series pushing the release of the final ones (Ghost Rider etc) out to end of May. I too am very happy they are being included. Love this series. Reading Daredevil Born again at the minute and its fantastic.

anyone can change a wkik page so dontbe believing it.they publicied that the books were from the 80's to present when it started so that would be pointless if they did avengers from the 60's

the wiki page also mentions the new series that will be starting.

• Advertisement

the wiki page also mentions the new series that will be starting.

I don't see it mentioned as a follow on series on there? Maybe I'm blind!? I know anyone can change it but its been very accurate to date.

The New Remaining List
    52: FF: The end
    53: Cap Britain
    54: Wolverine
    55: Marvel Origins: The 60's
    56: Secret Invasion
    57: Uncanny Xmen
    58: Doc Strange
    59: Thunderbolts
    60: Venom
    ??: Ghost Rider
    ??: Son of M
    ??: Siege

It looks like they are officially releasing that mightiest hero's thing next year from that. That's about it.

Anyway as I said its only a good thing if they these new books are released as part of this current series

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

strangely the publishers site has not changed it:

http://www.hachettepartworks.com/products/9340-marvel-graphic-novel-collection.aspx

Still has Ghost Rider, Son of M and Siege in there

they were always numbered in the order they were originally released.demon in a bottle is #1 being the oldest so it would be odd to stick a book from in 60's in with the more recent ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

they were always numbered in the order they were originally released.demon in a bottle is #1 being the oldest so it would be odd to stick a book from in 60's in with the more recent ones.

Could possibly do a "0" issue but the rest would be strange.

Well only 10 left to go! Picked up Cap Britain a few days ago. I didnt think I'd get it so smart in the shops considering it had a marked release date of Christmas day! Apart from the new additions like marvel in the 60's etc (which I now reckon are going to be simply special editions to the main series) are there are any gems left? Old man Logan possibly or Siege? Hope everyone here is still collecting. Nice to hear the stories and opinions of fellow collectors and appreciators! :D

Also picked up the first edition of mightiest heros as well. Reckon I'll only get the AAA characters if and when I see them, Spiderman, Ironman, Wolverine etc.

• Advertisement

ripperman wrote: »
    Well only 10 left to go! Picked up Cap Britain a few days ago. I didnt think I'd get it so smart in the shops considering it had a marked release date of Christmas day! Apart from the new additions like marvel in the 60's etc (which I now reckon are going to be simply special editions to the main series) are there are any gems left? Old man Logan possibly or Siege? Hope everyone here is still collecting. Nice to hear the stories and opinions of fellow collectors and appreciators! :D

Also picked up the first edition of mightiest heros as well. Reckon I'll only get the AAA characters if and when I see them, Spiderman, Ironman, Wolverine etc.

Had to give up after holidays in the summer due to money issues. Would like to start this new one and the chess collection but alas money is tight.
    Picked up a few issues since the first FF one, have Weapon X here so will start that tonight.
    Any gems between the first FF one and now I should try to get??

Is that new edition out yet? I haven't seen it anywhere. I don't intend to collect the next series but want to have a peek at it nonetheless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Is that new edition out yet? I haven't seen it anywhere. I don't intend to collect the next series but want to have a peek at it nonetheless.

Out in Big Bang as of this coming Wednesday. First book collects Ultron Unlimited and The Coming of the Avengers

L.S.F wrote: »
    Had to give up after holidays in the summer due to money issues. Would like to start this new one and the chess collection but alas money is tight.
    Picked up a few issues since the first FF one, have Weapon X here so will start that tonight.
    Any gems between the first FF one and now I should try to get??

2nd parts of Secret wars and Punisher, 1602, and Daredevil: Guardian Devil would be my choices from that point on.

Marvels Mightiest hero's? Out for a week now, got it in Easons. The 2nd part Spiderman is out this Friday. :)

+ Wolverine: Old man Logan this Wednesay!

I know that Wikipedia is not the most reliable source but check out the book list now:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Official_Marvel_Graphic_Novel_Collection

Another 20 or so titles have been added to the current list?

Also I see that "Marvel Origins: The 60s" is out today, has anyone seen that yet?

I know that Wikipedia is not the most reliable source but check out the book list now:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Official_Marvel_Graphic_Novel_Collection

Another 20 or so titles have been added to the current list?

Also I see that "Marvel Origins: The 60s" is out today, has anyone seen that yet?
    They're adding 20- 30 books (I imagine it's 30) that make up a different picture when put together, which I guess explains the inclusion of stuff like Agent Venom etc. I imagine it comes down to two things - greed on the part of the reprinters and the fact that Marvel NOW was such a success that the might end up using some of those stories

The Origins one was released this week. It collects the origin stories for the more famous (and ovie friendly) Marvel heroes (Spidey, Cap, Iron Man, Ant-Man etc). The spine also has a small bit of text over the thumbnail which says "Classic 1"

Having a look at the list I'd be interested in

Fantastic Four: The Coming of Galactus
    Avengers: Birth of Ultron
    Avengers: The Children's Crusade
    The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man No More
    The Mighty Thor: Ragnarok
    The Thanos Imperative

But I don't know about this at all. It was such a heavy original commitment I don't think I can follow up with any additions.

I did pick up the first part of the Marvel's Mightiest Heroes, simply because of the price. From the looks of things they have the right idea with this series; original appearance and a selected/ iconic stort-arc. For people starting to get into the comics from the movies this series is fantastic but it won't be for my wallet :(

What about you gusy here?
    Going to continue with the "classic" additions to the original list and/ or the Marvel's Mightiest Heroes collection?

I havent started the new collection because I don't need another one, but I'll finish out the other one even though...

30 issues = 60 weeks

Its very confusing whats happening to it now?

Had no idea the classic issue was released yesterday?

Also assumed the 2nd issue of Heroes was last week!?

So are the classic issues considered part of the originals now? Is it going to be new spine art on these?

• Advertisement

yea a bit of an overload at the moment, picked up ...Heroes #1 coz of the price but just too much stuff going on at the moment

also on the wiki has this:
    International Exclusives[edit]
    The following books were only released in Ireland, Czech Republic, Poland and now Brazil (Capitão América: Tempo Esgotado).
    Issue C / P Volume Title Collecting Release Date
    7 / 11 44 Captain America: Winter Soldier (Part 1) Captain America Vol 5 #1-7[17] 20 Mar 2013
    12 / 12 28 Avengers: Standoff Avengers Vol 3 #61–63 & #76, Thor Vol 2 #58, Iron Man Vol 3 #64[18] 29 Apr 2013
    19 / 18 58 Iron Man: The Five Nightmares The Invincible Iron Man Vol 4 #1-7[19] 31 Jul 2013
    53 / ? ? Astonishing Thor Astonishing Thor Vol 1 #1-5

anyone have further info on these??

L.S.F wrote: »
    yea a bit of an overload at the moment, picked up ...Heroes #1 coz of the price but just too much stuff going on at the moment

also on the wiki has this:

anyone have further info on these??

Yeah I read that on the wiki too. I dont think they were ever released in Ireland. Never seen them anywhere, even on ebay listings.

Regarding the now convoluted collection...
    I asked in my local Easons (where they have got in every issue to date) about The Marvel Origins issue. They didnt have it and had not heard anything about it, so I just ordered it on ebay.

The next regular issue is marked as Feb 5th!?

Also picked up 2nd issue of Heroes.

I'm really not sure if I can commit to the classics line. Im a bit annoyed its been crowbarred into the regular run as regards release schedule (Technically the Marvel origins issue is Vol 55.)

I suppose as long as I can complete the orginal 60 then I'm happy enough. I bloody know the collector in me will win out in the end though! :D

Quite annoyed that my local comic shop charged me 14.99 for the Spiderman HC book. Really disappointed that they'd overcharge by a fiver, especially when you consider that I'm in there twice a week picking up books

Quite annoyed that my local comic shop charged me 14.99 for the Spiderman HC book. Really disappointed that they'd overcharge by a fiver, especially when you consider that I'm in there twice a week picking up books

Christ, the second book isn't even meant to be at full price...

Thwip! wrote: »
    Christ, the second book isn't even meant to be at full price...

I was grabbing a few other things and it wasn't till I got home that I realised that I'd paid 14.99 for the Spiderman HC. Really annoyed and going to be going back in during the week and calling them on it. I know that I can get books cheaper on amazon but I like to support my local store but this is one of those things that would put me off using them.

Only thinking about it now and remembered that all the copies of the Spider-Man HC were missing the backing board where the price shown. I assume they tore them off so that people wouldn't realise that they were getting ripped off.

Only thinking about it now and remembered that all the copies of the Spider-Man HC were missing the backing board where the price shown. I assume they tore them off so that people wouldn't realise that they were getting ripped off.

Nope, all LCS got them that way. It's how that issue was supplied to their suppliers from Hachette Partworks. Cardboarded ones seem to only have been sent to Newsagents.

Anyone know if issue 56 (Secret Invasion) is out today or is it in fact Feb 5th when its out?

Anyone know if issue 56 (Secret Invasion) is out today or is it in fact Feb 5th when its out?

My local Eason's had Marvel Origins The 60s for me to collect. I guess Secret Invasion will be out on 5th february so. Also I noticed the second issue of the other collection and it was €10 (ish, I just checked to see if it was full price, which it was not)

• Advertisement

My local Eason's had Marvel Origins The 60s for me to collect. I guess Secret Invasion will be out on 5th february so. Also I noticed the second issue of the other collection and it was €10 (ish, I just checked to see if it was full price, which it was not)

Yeah my local one had a lot of them in the last day! Yup looks like its the 5th alright for next issue. Wiki has changed again with dates for the remaining original line up. The rest of the books (Past the orginal 60) are now classified as listed on amazon but unconfirmed.

Picked up Spiderman from heroes line and can confirm as well that its 10 something euro. Wolverine out this week (according to wiki)

Advertisement