Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How to get Channel 5 and BBC One HD on your Irish EPG and Recordable!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

SPAWKER wrote: »

Sky will only pair one of their Freesat from Sky cards or one of their active sub cards to your box if you have an account with them.
    Ok. Mine is one of those freesat from sky cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭eddiem10

I cancelled my HD sub yesterday so that I can get the card trick back on the EPG. I was told that all my HD recordings would be deleted in 31 days. Surely, as RTE2 HD is available without the HD sub, they cannot delete my RTE recordings? Will I still get the BBC HD channels via the card trick without the sub? Anyone know when UTV is going HD? Thanks in advance.

Itv misbehaving this morning. Three times it went to 998. I'm on the blue button.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

jca wrote: »
    Itv misbehaving this morning. Three times it went to 998. I'm on the blue button.

Happens me with all the "blue button" stations. Some in just a matter of seconds (itv's) and others after 20 or so mins (usually 5, 5* etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

New software update R006.058.55.00P for Drx 890/5 boxes which is being rolled out since 2am this morning will kill the card trick and the blue button trick as it will now put the box into eco mode or deep sleep mode from about midnight till 6am unless you have a recording scheduled during the night.Which will mean you will have to do the card trick every morning so wont be worth the hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,809 ✭✭✭✭muffler

New software update R006.058.55.00P for Drx 890/5 boxes which is being rolled out since 2am this morning will kill the card trick and the blue button trick as it will now put the box into eco mode or deep sleep mode from about midnight till 6am unless you have a recording scheduled during the night.Which will mean you will have to do the card trick every morning so wont be worth the hassle.
    The bastards :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭MBSnr

I've given up doing the card trick anyhow. The box kept rebooting with them in place and I was getting recordings that said failed/clashed when there was no reason for it. I was away and not happy....

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭anonanymore

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

You can indeed & the new update allow Dolby 5.1 via HDMI.

I didn't get an update yet as I still have my 'other channels'.Must turn off the eco option,got hardship the last time I did the card trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

I can't find an Eco mode to turn off am defo getting free view now

• Advertisement

smyths wrote: »
    I can't find an Eco mode to turn off am defo getting free view now

You wont find the eco mode tab unless you have had the update

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭energy1942

You wont find the eco mode tab unless you have had the update
    Does this mean we will be able to keep the blue button card trick as it is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

If eco mode is same as auto standby it can be turned off under 'options' on hd box

Snapshot of eco mode tab

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

Good article here about ECO mode and whats in the new firmware
    http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-hd-supertelly/52287-more-new-features-skys-epg.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

Nice to see 4oD is available through Sky on Demand now

billbond4 wrote: »
    Nice to see 4oD is available through Sky on Demand now

Pity its the rubbish "for the Paddy's" version. Sky always give their Irish customers the thin end of the wedge..........And charge us more than their UK customers...:(

Do you have the new epg yet? Will it work with UTV/non HD setup? Looking forward to Dolby from the HDMI:D

Do you have the new epg yet? Will it work with UTV/non HD setup? Looking forward to Dolby from the HDMI:D

No havent got it yet but will report back here when I do and as to wheater the trick still works or not.

• SPAWKER wrote: »

Its no biggie really,just switch it off in options!

• Advertisement

Its no biggie really,just switch it off in options!
    Anyone get the update yet? Is the card trick still working?

Is the new epg on the forced update stream yet? Would really like the Dolby on the hdmi...

Is the new epg on the forced update stream yet? Would really like the Dolby on the hdmi...

No not yet and wont be for at least another couple of weeks till they see are there any glitches with it.

No not yet and wont be for at least another couple of weeks till they see are there any glitches with it.

Think ill dig out my optical cable instead... Anyone got the new epg yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

My box got an update Wednesday night,need to try the card trick again.

zerks wrote: »
    My box got an update Wednesday night,need to try the card trick again.

Keep us posted please. Are you on the blue button or are you sd/utv?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Finally got rid of the HD package yesterday. I have the other channels back on the EPG now. By the way, I still have RTE2 HD, BBC 1 and 2 HD and Channel4HD on the EPG. I assume when UTV goes HD I will have that too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭dogtoffee

Kalyke wrote: »
    Finally got rid of the HD package yesterday. I have the other channels back on the EPG now. By the way, I still have RTE2 HD, BBC 1 and 2 HD and Channel4HD on the EPG. I assume when UTV goes HD I will have that too!
    So I was right about HDpack

dogtoffee wrote: »
    So I was right about HDpack

Never doubted you for a minute dt:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

My box has upgraded and I can't get the card trick to work. I have the UK epg up and running, put the box into standby, put the subscription card back in and switch on. Normally after a short while, the box reverts to channel 998 - the Irish channels are available and the UK channels can be accessed via favourites.

This last bit doesn't happen and the UK epg stays - it's as if the box doesn't recognise the subscription card.

Advertisement