Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

1939 Register on FMP

• 11-06-2017 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I have an Annual Sub with Ancestry.com for all my research, but alas the 1939 register is on FMP. I need to double check a record so if anyone could help me out, I'd be very grateful!

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

This group are quite obliging for checking 1939 Register.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭hjr

Thanks Hermy, much appreciated!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Happy to do a check for you.

Genealogy Forum Mod

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Happy to do a check for you.

Thanks Pinkypinky,

Its Peter Cherry, Liverpool, born around 1880, and there's a Susan Cherry listed too.

Thanks!

I don't see a Peter Cherry in Liverpool.

Susan Cherry
    63 Caryl Gardens , Liverpool C.B., Lancashire, England
    DOB: 27 Oct 1881
    Grocery assistant

She's with a Patrick Cherry.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement

I don't see a Peter Cherry in Liverpool.

Susan Cherry
    63 Caryl Gardens , Liverpool C.B., Lancashire, England
    DOB: 27 Oct 1881
    Grocery assistant

She's with a Patrick Cherry.

Thanks! I should have said Patrick, he has a brother Peter. Was any other people listed in the house?

Teresa (DOB: 11/6/1913 - happy birthday!) and Susan Killeen (DOB: 14/4/1912. Teresa also has Henry written after her name, but is unmarried. Susan is married. Both doing unpaid domestic duties.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Teresa (DOB: 11/6/1913 - happy birthday!) and Susan Killeen (DOB: 14/4/1912. Teresa also has Henry written after her name, but is unmarried. Susan is married. Both doing unpaid domestic duties.

Thats great Pinkypinky, thats for the help! Back to the drawing board so...!

My search is hindered by the fact that the Cherry family decided to either use Cherry or Sherry, but neither consistently as their surname! Those who went to America tended to use Sherry, while those who went to Uk seemed to remain Cherry!

Advertisement