Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I never played it, it looks decent enough though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Awesome get. I remember fondly playing White Water. Top table!

Personal all-time faves for me though are Doctor Dude, BTTF, The Getaway, TCFTBL and Tron Legacy (for the miraculous time it showed up in Liffey Valley shopping centre for 5 minutes). I'd love to try AC/DC and the other one, was it Metallica or Iron Maiden they made?

Doctor Dude though is something else. Loved that one. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

There was a Dr Dude for sale not too long ago on adverts for affordable money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

There was a Dr Dude for sale not too long ago on adverts for affordable money

Whoever purchased that got one incredible pinball table. Such a good game. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

I really don't get pinball :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Picked up this big black beast from Dr. Bob today.

d3f7b477e1b0cb59e688dd9eb82c8f89_zps51e3993c.jpg

I'll bring it to the next beers and retr0 can bring his and it'll be a big CDi love in :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,803 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

My condolences.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    My condolences.

I approve of this message....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'll bring it to the next beers and retr0 can bring his and it'll be a big CDi love in :P

• Registered Users Posts: 34,413 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That particular version looks a bit nicer than the grey plastic mess Retr0 has :pac:

- Andrew76 'it looks like a VCR' in 5,4,3,2.... :D

• Advertisement

I had great times with a VCR!
    I can't say the same about the waste of resources that is the CDi!

It's just so bad.
    I considered buying it myself but a brief period of reflection resulted in common sense prevailing.
    Pity I didn't have access to this when I bought the PS Move :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,803 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah it's a much better quality version than mine. Mine only supports composite, that one should support RGB. Also it probably has a much better CD Drive, the one I have was broken when I got it and has the same CD drive as the infamously bad Jaguar CD drive. Luckily it's not too tough to replace with a mcuh better model drive.

The 450 model I have was a dirt cheap version that Phillips brought out around 93-94 I think to desperately compete with the consoles on the market at the time.

I got a Pokewalker yesterday, so my boy now has a complete copy of Soul Silver.
    Better look after it, that game is worth a few bob!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »
    That particular version looks a bit nicer than the grey plastic mess Retr0 has :pac:

- Andrew76 'it looks like a VCR' in 5,4,3,2.... :D

It does though! It even makes pictures taken of it look rubbish. :pac:

Actually I was going to mention your N64 DD also reminded me of something but couldn't remember what - maybe a pokemon or animal of some sort. All I see is a smiley face looking at me. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Andrew76 wrote: »
    All I see is a smiley face looking at me. :P

Oh ffs, someone ban him before he ruins whatever's left :D

Not arcade but definitely retro !! Had these given to me today, sometime its good to be the guy "who collects old crap" :)

Scope is over 40 years old and still works pretty good !! Multimeters also in good shape.

15526451430_622ff9f572_c.jpg

Tennis for Two incoming?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Tennis for Two incoming?

That's actually possible on this one as you've complete control over moving the 'dot' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Well you could have Doom running on it :
    http://youtu.be/GTApvwqZ_TM

Or recently i heard flappy bird running on an oscilliscope.

More stuff here like other vector games :
    http://hackaday.com/2014/02/19/vector-display-output-on-an-oscilliscope/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Great news .... Got rid of the CD I yesterday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Dr Bob wrote: »
    Great news .... Got rid of the CD I yesterday :)

3bf.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Why do I keep reading that "White Water" pinball as "White, Walter"? :pac:

Master of the Universe

Star Lord wrote: »
    Why do I keep reading that "White Water" pinball as "White, Walter"? :pac:

I keep reading it as 'White Power' and thinking you've all become racists :pac:

o1s1n wrote: »
    I keep reading it as 'White Power' and thinking you've all become racists :pac:

White power and JewBeat:D

Master of the Universe

urbanledge wrote: »
    White power and JewBeat:D

That was yourself too wasn't it?

Are you sure you're reich in the head? :pac:

Maybe I could retheme it and put in Hitler instead of the big foot!

oS0CEjD.gif

9xLHIpu.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I got my Sega Megadrive book from Kickstarter today. First impressions, it would lift up the C64 Book, eat it, spit it out and walk all over it. Its a million times better and how these books should be done. well designed, Big, great content and Hard back.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

keithgeo wrote: »
    I got my Sega Megadrive book from Kickstarter today. First impressions, it would lift up the C64 Book, eat it, spit it out and walk all over it. Its a million times better and how these books should be done. well designed, Big, great content and Hard back.

Excellent! Delighted to hear the quality is up there. Must pop around to the folks and see if my one arrived.

Walked around to Parcel Motel this evening to pick up the Time Crisis 2 pedal/gun and the silent scope gun.

That was one long walk home :eek:

Thought the Time Crisis stuff would be big and heavy but wasn't expecting what I got. The box it came in was literally the exact same size as the locker. It fit with mm to spare in every direction.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement