Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Convective/Thunderstorm Discussion : 2019 and Winter 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Even the rain ME that was forecast is going nowhere

• Registered Users Posts: 7,115 ✭✭✭pad199207

esposito wrote: »
    Very jealous of the UK. A record breaking 39° predicted tomorrow and more heavy thunderstorms tomorrow night. We just get the boring weather.

The Atlantic ruins everything for us.

I just ignore what’s happening over there. The difference in the weather to here would make you sick.
    It’s beyond a joke.

I love the ME website saying it's raining in Galway well surprise surprise it has not rained here since last Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Storm 10 wrote: »
    I love the ME website saying it's raining in Galway well surprise surprise it has not rained here since last Sunday

It rained in this part of Galway yesterday and today but Galway is a big place so maybe you missed it. Other websites displaying radars are saying the same thing but you seem insistent on having a go at Met Eireann, each to their own.

It rained in this part of Galway yesterday and today but Galway is a big place so maybe you missed it. Other websites displaying radars are saying the same thing but you seem insistent on having a go at Met Eireann, each to their own.

Can I have an opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,097 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Can I have an opinion

Yes, however post that opinion, and if someone has a different experience they can also post their opinion.

Nothing in that post was aggravating!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,750 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Some fairly intense echoes showing up on the Kerry coast at present. Looking at them I wouldn't be surprised to hear a few rumbles in the SW tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

esposito wrote: »
    Very jealous of the UK. A record breaking 39° predicted tomorrow and more heavy thunderstorms tomorrow night. We just get the boring weather.

The Atlantic ruins everything for us.

Would you prefer normal or life threatening weather?

Seriously guys, the UKs weather this evening is dangerous. You really don't want that weather here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Almost 10mil in an hour in Valentia last night

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

No rain here yesterday RedSteve, but sky had an ominous (but nice) look to it all evening. Some heavyish enough showers here earlier this morning though which were more like a 'thundery drizzle' than the usual big drops stuff. As bleak as the weather is this morning, I'd not exchange it for the world for what is going on in the south-eastern England currently. Hellish temps.

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,132 ✭✭✭highdef

Anyone got any good webcam links for the great storm arriving in Liverpool now, preferably with audio?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

highdef wrote: »
    Anyone got any good webcam links for the great storm arriving in Liverpool now, preferably with audio?

SE UK probably the area to watch. Intensifying thunderstorm, out of France, crossing the channel now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,132 ✭✭✭highdef

Skyhunter wrote: »
    Hastings looks like its in the firing line?

Decent stream here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHGYQF2QHzA

Great stuff, thanks for that. That could be epic in a few hours. If it had audio as well, my evenings entertainment would be sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

DOCARCH wrote: »
    SE UK probably the area to watch. Intensifying thunderstorm, out of France, crossing the channel now.
    Look at one in central France still growing and about the size of Ireland by the look of it ..... awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,430 ✭✭✭weisses

Another cam ..In Eastborne

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

You might see some action in Kent at the moment

Most of the action (17:53) seems to be over Folkestone and is approaching Dover

https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/united-kingdom/england/dover/dover-beach-kent.html

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

Might be worth keeping an eye on the Sacré-Cœur Basilica cam in Paris over the next few hours as a huge MC storm has developed to the south of the city that may affect the general region later.

https://www.webcamtaxi.com/en/france/ile-de-france/sacre-coeur-basilica-paris.html

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

People are clearing off the beach in Eastbourne as they are hearing some thunder off the coast at this moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭glightning

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Might be worth keeping an eye on the Sacré-Cœur Basilica cam in Paris over the next few hours as a huge MC storm has developed to the south of the city that may affect the general region later.

https://www.webcamtaxi.com/en/france/ile-de-france/sacre-coeur-basilica-paris.html

That MCS is disappating though. The cloud tops are warming on the IR sat images and it’s starting to fall apart. Something else might fire there afterwards though

On BBC 7 clock show they said there were 5000 lightning strikes in Liverpool

• Advertisement

glightning wrote: »
    That MCS is disappating though. The cloud tops are warming on the IR sat images and it’s starting to fall apart. Something else might fire there afterwards though

Had to curse it, didn't I? :rolleyes:

New Moon

On Sky news old fire station in London was hit by lightning and set on fire

• Registered Users Posts: 18,097 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Decent cell off the Galway coast with lots of strikes, surprised it's not been mentioned.

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Decent cell off the Galway coast with lots of strikes, surprised it's not been mentioned.

Sadly it's a bit far out to sea like the last big storm

Lots of Thunder and lightning at Clifden , from a friend there

Very loud thunder with fork lightning and torrential rain he tells me at Clifden

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭squarecircles

west Mayo could be in the firing line in the next hour, here in westport dark clouds gathering over head in a gusty balmy southeasterly.

arrggg why didnt i stay out at the coast in Louisburgh,direct hit incoming.

Met Eireann asleep as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,054 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

very dark out west of Castlebar. those along the coast will hear a rumble or 2 but it will move on fairly quickly. Edit,rumbling away to the west of Castlebar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭squarecircles

still firing away along the west coast,what a strange little country we are,the thread dead as a doornail,oh thats right its not effecting the s***hawks in THE East, only messin :D:D:D

[IMG][/img]t6yr9g.jpg

• Advertisement

still firing away along the west coast,what a strange little country we are,the thread dead as a doornail,oh thats right its not effecting the s***hawks in THE East, only messin :D:D:D

I was just thinking the same if this was off the East Coast they would be tripping over themselves posting every flash and bang there were more post about storms in the UK than this very active one off the West coast

Advertisement