Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2019 - Round 9 Austria

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Huzzah! G'wan Charles! Real pity about Seb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Joeface

Yeah it's a nice grid . Good mix

• Registered Users Posts: 14,608 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Great stuff from Leclerc, super lap.

Bottas messed up, showing once more he doesn't have what it takes to beat his teammate.

This has potential to be a good race

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,267 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Great to see it's not another Mercedes front row lock-out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭christy c

As Brundle said, Charles was in a class of 1. Even if Seb's car was ok I don't think he would have beaten him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,071 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

weekaizer wrote: »
    Fantastic!: hopefully Hamilton penalty incoming will then leave Leclerc v verstappen front row!!

More likely Kimi gets a penalty than Lewis :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,612 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Excellent qualifying for Alfa Romeo. Seventh for Kimi and eighth for Anthony.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Chances of 3 place penalty for Hamilton then? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 39,404 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I missed Q1 so what exactly is Hamilton being investigated for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,074 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I missed Q1 so what exactly is Hamilton being investigated for ?

Turn 3 ran up the inside and went straight across the corner onto the run off on the far side as Kimi came along behind him
    Hamilton was on a slow down lap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,249 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Turn 3 ran up the inside and went straight across the corner onto the run off on the far side as Kimi came along behind him
    Hamilton was on a slow down lap

And after watching multiple replays, crofty still asked - did he impede Kimi. The man is getting worse every day. It is clear as day that he was in the way.

Vettel blocked Sainz here in Q2 last year, both got into Q3 and Vettel still got a penalty.

That Hamilton incident is surely a stonewall penalty, he drove across the ******* apex in front of a car on a flying lap. Russell should be getting one as well for the Kvyat incident, that was dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭weekaizer

Writing is surely on the wall for gasly. Pity as I do like him but It must be a tough choice for Red Bull to choose between albon or kvyat as I’ve been equally impressed by both drivers this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Joeface

How long will they take to make the penalty decisions

Also Not sure it would be Danii going up if Gasly was to be replaced. Pretty sure he can match max and that's not what Redbull want. They just want someone a bit closer than Gasly is to run interference . I do still think its way too soon for that decision to be made . Redbull aren't really knocking on the door for wins yet. When they get to that level Gasly would certainly need to be caught up by then

• Registered Users Posts: 11,074 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Hamilton visits stewards in 30 minutes

Anything other then a grid penalty is a farce.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Hamilton visits stewards in 30 minutes

Anything other then a grid penalty is a farce.

Can see him getting a 3 place penalty

Just watched it there now..... It was a little unfortunate where it happened. Only thing he could of done to avoid impeding Raikonen would of been to just stop completely.

Gasly being out qualified by a Haas, Mclaren and both Alfas.......yeah he's not covered himself in glory

• Registered Users Posts: 12,779 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I reckon it'll be a reprimand, keeps 2nd. Beats LeClerc into the first corner, drives off into the hills.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,071 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Transcripts have shown Bono mentioned twice to Lewis that first Raikonnen was behind him then that Raikonnen is approaching fast.

Doesn't match with Lewis post qualy excuse of saying he wasn't aware Kimi was coming.

Russell 3 place grid penalty for impeding Kvyat in Q1. No complaints, that was a slam dunk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Sky would want to sort out their sound.

Voices come and a second later the mouths move

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭BikeRacer

Hamilton receives 3-place grid penalty and 1 penalty point for impeding Raikkonen

This race just got very interesting...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Spicy grid for tomorrow! First race this year I'm actually looking forward to not falling asleep to

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭chicorytip

skipper_G wrote:
    That Hamilton incident is surely a stonewall penalty, he drove across the ******* apex in front of a car on a flying lap. Russell should be getting one as well for the Kvyat incident, that was dangerous.

I think the Russell penalty was rather harsh. He was at the tail end of a train of slower cars all on a slow lap. He had positioned his car correctly so what else could he have done to prevent a collision? The fault lay entirely on Toro Rosso for not informing Kvyat of traffic up ahead. I presume they had all the necessary data available to them regarding track positions of other cars.

chicorytip wrote: »
    I think the Russell penalty was rather harsh. He was at the tail end of a train of slower cars all on a slow lap. He had positioned his car correctly so what else could he have done to prevent a collision? The fault lay entirely on Toro Rosso for not informing Kvyat of traffic up ahead. I presume they had all the necessary data available to them regarding track positions of other cars.

He had positioned his car exactly where Kvyat wanted to go in the middle of the racing line. Russell was doing what he should in setting up his own lap, regardless he must yield priority to Kvyat who was on a flying lap. It is the responsibility of the ones on out laps to get out of the way of drivers on flying laps. Hence the penalty.

Hamilton penalty was another slam dunk, dithering across the whole bloody corner from apex to outside. The grid tomorrow should hopefully bring some unpredictability to the outcome. Tired of Mercedes wins

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Great grid. Norris in 4th is some result -- great to see McLaren continue their momentum.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

It looks like there is a slight danger of an exciting race tomorrow!
    Fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Delighted for Leclerc great lap. Well done to the two Alfa's too.

3 place grid penalty for Hamilton. Only right and delighted he got it. Also 3 place grid penalty for George Russel not that that makes much difference.

Should be a great race tomorrow but found the qualifying not as good as in France. Maybe just cause it was not live. You could clearly see where C4 had cut bits out really annoying. Never noticed it much before.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,618 ✭✭✭Infoanon

2011 wrote: »
    It looks like there is a slight danger of an exciting race tomorrow!
    Fingers crossed :)
    Not a great circuit for passing unfortunately. .....

Advertisement