Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Couple sleeping apart

• 10-03-2021 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭

My alarm goes off at 5:30 am 2 days a week approximately. I want to sleep in spare room for these nights as I think I may sleep better. Wife thinks it is a bad sign for our relationship. Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

WhiteWalls wrote: »
    My alarm goes off at 5:30 am 2 days a week approximately. I want to sleep in spare room for these nights as I think I may sleep better. Wife thinks it is a bad sign for our relationship. Thoughts?

Turn your alarm up to the loudest setting and let it ring for a few mins pretending you're asleep. She'll not be long changing her mind

• Registered Users Posts: 12,772 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Makes no result to your relationship, as long as you have a relationship.

If I've got a blocked nose, or feel I've a cold coming on I hit the spare room. No point me snoring all night and my wife getting no sleep. If I've an early start I hit the spare room. No point in waking my wife at some ungodly hour.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

[misread OP’s post]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Amadan Dubh

We sleep in separate beds, side by side, having decided that sleep was too important to compromise. If needs be, I'm in the spare room, eg coming home late, getting up early, her snoring etc. It is literally just the actual sleeping part where we separate, but still lay beside each other when awake. Even in a hotel room, if there was no super king bed, we'd request twin beds! We are a rock solid couple, best friends as well as life partners and we find this sleeping arrangement enhances our relationship as it gives you perfect sleep and necessary space.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭GoogleBot

• Advertisement
Advertisement