Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky News Weather - blocking off Ireland

• 29-01-2009 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

Alright usually I'm the calmest person anyone could know, It's very rare that I let something get to me or for that matter go complaining about things

But does anyone get seriously annoyed by Jo Whe*ler on Sky News who always stands right in front of Ireland during the forecast

(She's the middle aged lady with the copperish hair and deep voice)

I need to repair my wiper arm before work tomorrow, but because of her I have no idea if it'll be dry enough to do so

I think there's another english girl who does the same, a blonde lady, don't know her name

If it wasn't for Lisa Burke and the grey haired guy I'd never tune in

I was thinking of contacting sky - see if they'll do anything
    (the 3rd one down seems to be the right one)

* still at least its not as bad as the bbc or that dub dope on tv3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I didn't even think anybody really watched Sky News. This is news to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

But does anyone get seriously annoyed by Jo Whe*ler on Sky News who always stands right in front of Ireland during the forecast

Not really....Is she blocking Irelands view? or it possible because she needs to stand there to point out the British weather? since sky is a british channel? who cares?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

Alright usually I'm the calmest person anyone could know, It's very rare that I let something get to me or for that matter go complaining about things

I need to repair my wiper arm before work tomorrow, but because of her I have no idea if it'll be dry enough to do so

I think there's another english girl who does the same, a blonde lady, don't know her name

If it wasn't for Lisa Burke and the grey haired guy I'd never tune in

I was thinking of contacting sky - see if they'll do anything
    (the 3rd one down seems to be the right one)

* still at least its not as bad as the bbc or that dub dope on tv3

Stop moaning and just watch the Irish weather forecast instead of a British one so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Try watching RTE for Irish weather, usually works a treat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

If only there was somewhere on this internet thing to find out tomorrow's weather...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

www.meteireann.ie
    A mild, wet windy day tomorrow, with further rain in all areas and some heavy falls occasionally - posssibly leading to localised flooding. Temperatures reaching 8 to 11 degrees in fresh to strong southeasterly winds.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Not looking good for your wipers.

Edit: Damn you phasers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

You have the internet...

www.met.ie

www.windguru.com (sailing weather but gives an eirily accurate rain/cloud cover forecast for the week ahead)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

considering the amount of money they make over here they should at least make an effort

besides you don't someone pointing out obvious things like where its going to rain while blocking off half the screen

ok rant over :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Where is this Ireland you speak of? Is it a forgotten land of the english:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

r t e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Scawgeen

mike65 wrote: »
    Try watching RTE for Irish weather, usually works a treat.

Why does RTE sometimes do the weather forecast for Spain, South of France, Italy and the snow resorts. Does anybody care whether it's raining in Paris tonight or cloudy in Rome.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,953 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Perhaps her arse is the size of a small country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Scawgeen wrote: »
    Why does RTE sometimes do the weather forecast for Spain, South of France, Italy and the snow resorts. Does anybody care whether it's raining in Paris tonight or cloudy in Rome.

You might if you were going on holidays to those destinations

• Registered Users Posts: 23,953 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Why the fuck don't they just show Kerry for the same reason?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Long ago, in a more properous age - a golden age, some would say - people would have the cash to head off to these places. Now ye'd be lucky to afford two nights in the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Sky news is Crap anyway, it's like the english Fox news.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

We're lucky to be on the map.
    I remember when some English stations just used to show Northern Ireland (+ Eng, Scotland and Wales) on their walls, the republic having mysteriously vanished!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Biggins wrote: »
    I remember when some English stations just used to show Northern Ireland (+ Eng, Scotland and Wales) on their walls, the republic having mysteriously vanished!

Meh people will complain if a British station gives the weather for the republic because they think they own it and other people will complain if they leave out the republic. You can't win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Gerald Fleming not good enough for ya? Brit lover, you sicken me! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,179 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

They dont show Ireland because its an english channel ffs

You dont see RTE giving updates for gusterly winds in Sunderland or severe hail in Blackpool

javaboy wrote: »
    Meh people will complain if a British station gives the weather for the republic because they think they own it and other people will complain if they leave out the republic. You can't win.

Yep, that about sums it up.

As others mentioned already, there's other ways to source weather.
    Yea its a gripe of sorts but heck, things could be worse.
    At least they now acknowledge we exist, its a start! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

She's only hiding a massive rain cloud .:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,631 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

First prize for most USELESS THREAD EVER.

galwayrush wrote: »
    She's only hiding a massive rain cloud .:D

Next week she will be hiding snow. O' look, we're weather forecasters too! :D
    (Where do I get paid?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Biggins wrote: »

Or UTV weather which gave the impression that the weather stopped south of the border.

Or UTV weather which gave the impression that the weather stopped south of the border.

Aye, I remember that. That was funny!
    Bloomin' Unionists! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ruairithomson

I'm glad its not just me - we have often noticed a low front over munster;)

I'm glad its not just me - we have often noticed a low front over munster;)

Meh... Thats just me mother in laws flat chest! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,876 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Why the fuck don't they just show Kerry for the same reason?

It's raining in Kerry. You don't to tell people that. They know. We know. That tribe they found in South America recently know that it's rainging Kerry.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement