Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance for RS3(facelift)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭mk7r

I'd say you won't get any quotes and if you go down the 3 decline route your looking at €10k

No insurance company wants that risk.

The quote can't be so high that it would be seen as a refusal but what is "so high" is sadly not defined

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

The Declined Cases Committee can decree that no member insurer is obliged to offer a quotation if it is "against the public interest" . This could fall in to that category

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Definitely something I'll consider especially since you say it's more friendly with insurers. I'm assuming the modifications to add 100+ HP aren't supposed to be declared or otherwise they won't be so nice :D

So this thread is about you not being able to get a quote, but at the same time you'd be happy to not disclose a significant engine modification?

Is the irony of that lost on you?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 alexbenz6.3

So this thread is about you not being able to get a quote, but at the same time you'd be happy to not disclose a significant engine modification?

Is the irony of that lost on you?

No I think you really missed the point on this one. Nowhere did I suggest that I would not declare the modifications to an insurer but rather that with the modifications being suggested by the OP to bring the car up to the 500 hp mark that perhaps the S4 would not be as insurer friendly. Putting words in someone's mouth isn't the nicest thing in the world especially since I'm looking for a legitimate answer and never suggested or considered fraud to get myself insured. I wouldn't be here otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

No I think you really missed the point on this one. Nowhere did I suggest that I would not declare the modifications to an insurer but rather that with the modifications being suggested by the OP to bring the car up to the 500 hp mark that perhaps the S4 would not be as insurer friendly. Putting words in someone's mouth isn't the nicest thing in the world especially since I'm looking for a legitimate answer and never suggested or considered fraud to get myself insured. I wouldn't be here otherwise.

So have you rang around?

• Advertisement

So have you rang around?

Not yet, going to keep all the suggestions in this thread archived for when I've got enough money saved up in six months to a years time to actually make any sort of move. Not going to waste time now when things change so quickly in such short periods of time. Might give it a go one of the days anyway.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Reread post #30.

Reread post #30.

I did re-read it and explained what I meant since the point I was making is obviously being misinterpreted by you. The post I was replying to stated that the S4 was more insurer friendly than the RS3 and also that with a few modifications the car could be brought up to 450 HP(or whatever it was). I just made a stab at that saying that with the modifications it won't be so insurer friendly. Hence, why I said they wouldn't be so nice. Just a simple observation really, never said I was going to do it myself or be "happy not to disclose it" as you said in your own post. Really don't mean to get in an argument but the irony isn't lost on me because there is no irony...

Agree to disagree then.

Agree to disagree then.

Fair. Agreed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

So what's the point of this thread?

So what's the point of this thread?

The point of the thread was to get suggestions on what brokers/insurers I should use to potentially get a quote on an RS3?

Advertisement