Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison officer recruitment 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 LDWIRL

Going to this preparation course for prison officer on monday. Email says bring a basically calculator. Anyone have any idea if a basic smartphone calculator will do or should I go and buy a higher grade one such as a casio?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

LDWIRL wrote: »
    Going to this preparation course for prison officer on monday. Email says bring a basically calculator. Anyone have any idea if a basic smartphone calculator will do or should I go and buy a higher grade one such as a casio?

Phone wouldn't be allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Paddy1507

Currently the Prison office Pay scale is

€37,429

€38,743

€39,947

€41,153

€42,357

€43,559

€44,766

€45,969

€47,176

NMAX

€48,708

LSI1

€49,802

This is inclusive of Rent allowance but not of the 8% operational allowance.

Not bad pay once your finished the 3 year recruit phase. Be a struggle for the first 3 years but worth it in the end imo.

LDWIRL wrote: »

Let the rest of us know what to prepare for 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Julygirl105

Anybody get a response yet??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Kyle More

No, not yet. I'm going to be on the preparation course tomorrow. I don't think anyone who has applied for the 2018 campaign has been contacted as of yet, but I could be wrong?

I applied for the 2018 recruitment progamme also. Haven't heard anything back myself.

No nothing yet

I’d was thinking today we might have heard something but with the snow and everywhere being closed I’d say later in the week...

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Rewind

Invitation for aptitude test today. Have by noon Tuesday to complete it. Very anxious about the numerical part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Saffiya

Rewind wrote: »
    Invitation for aptitude test today. Have by noon Tuesday to complete it. Very anxious about the numerical part.

Nothing really you can prepare for just do you best and watch your time limit thsts all you can do

Its only the questionnaire that has to be in for noon tuesday. We won't get a link till the 16th for verbal and numericy. I find the testing on the online course great for practicing the math. 2 days ago it was taking me 40 min to complete. I now have it down to about 17 min. Practice practice practice makes perfect. Well in my case I HOPE 😂

What are people excpecting in this’verify calculation’ assessment on Friday?? I’m presuming itl be short basic maths?? And then the numerical one will be long questions with the graphs and tables etc.. What are you excpecting??

What are people excpecting in this’verify calculation’ assessment on Friday?? I’m presuming itl be short basic maths?? And then the numerical one will be long questions with the graphs and tables etc.. What are you excpecting??

I assumed the numerical reasoning was replaced with the verify calculation I didn't think both were on it now.

Have my pct next week...extremely nervous as I'm struggling with shuttle runs any suggestions as to what I can do between now and then..thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭JKerova1

Saffiya wrote: »
    Have my pct next week...extremely nervous as I'm struggling with shuttle runs any suggestions as to what I can do between now and then..thanks guys

You're on the wrong topic...

Paddy1507 wrote: »
    I assumed the numerical reasoning was replaced with the verify calculation I didn't think both were on it now.

Oh right, glad i asked now. I thought they were easing us in with a few quick fire math questions and then if we get to next stage they will be long, more complicated questions.. 20 questions in 20mins is a bit harsh if they are long ones. It takes me 30seconds to read the question.. Il keep practicing so.

While we have you here, can you tell us what the time frame is between first online assessment to the pct is??

While we have you here, can you tell us what the time frame is between first online assessment to the pct is??

Hi guys sorry posted in wrong place... did my online assessment in August 2016 and have my pct next week! I was also way down the list on order of merit so I think that's why it's taken so long

Hi guys sorry posted in wrong place... did my online assessment in August 2016 and have my pct next week! I was also way down the list on order of merit so I think that's why it's taken so long

Thanks for that.. are the shuttles the same as the last campaign and 40 x 15m?? I’m worried about these too, running isn’t my thing. I’ll have no prob with the weight section but I’m concerned about the shuttle runs.. gona start doing some training..

• Advertisement

Thanks for that.. are the shuttles the same as the last campaign and 40 x 15m?? I’m worried about these too, running isn’t my thing. I’ll have no prob with the weight section but I’m concerned about the shuttle runs.. gona start doing some training..

Yeah 40x15m.. I'm the same I can do the rest no problem but I'm struggling with running can do it on treadmill but once I got the fresh air it's much harder for.. my advice measure out your 15m and start practicing the runs training from now will stand to you 😊

Yeah 40x15m.. I'm the same I can do the rest no problem but I'm struggling with running can do it on treadmill but once I got the fresh air it's much harder for.. my advice measure out your 15m and start practicing the runs training from now will stand to you 😊

Thanks for that. At least I know I have a while so it’s def achievable.. And the best of luck to you..

Thanks for that. At least I know I have a while so it’s def achievable.. And the best of luck to you..

No problem if you've any questions between now and then give me a pm and il see if I can help! Good luck

Oh right, glad i asked now. I thought they were easing us in with a few quick fire math questions and then if we get to next stage they will be long, more complicated questions.. 20 questions in 20mins is a bit harsh if they are long ones. It takes me 30seconds to read the question.. Il keep practicing so.

I'm not to sure that's just the way I picked it up I could be wrong, anyone know for sure ??

No problem if you've any questions between now and then give me a pm and il see if I can help! Good luck

You might be sorry you said that, thanks again..

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Caoimhe2

Has anyone completed the stage 1 online test yet closing date is Wednesday 21st. Think I completely failed the maths part.anyone have any idea of when we hear back...thanks

Caoimhe2 wrote: »
    Has anyone completed the stage 1 online test yet closing date is Wednesday 21st. Think I completely failed the maths part.anyone have any idea of when we hear back...thanks

Hiya, I did mine on Friday and feel the same.. the maths part went awful. My mind went blank, and I wouldn’t mind but I had been practicing those types of equations for 2 days straight.. Anyway hopefully, the other 2 sections went ok and they will pull us up..

I think in the familiarization material it said April we will know.. so a bit of a wait ahead of us..

I wonder how many applied, it’s very quiet here compared to the 2016 campaign thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

Hiya, I did mine on Friday and feel the same.. the maths part went awful. My mind went blank, and I wouldn’t mind but I had been practicing those types of equations for 2 days straight.. Anyway hopefully, the other 2 sections went ok and they will pull us up..

I think in the familiarization material it said April we will know.. so a bit of a wait ahead of us..

I wonder how many applied, it’s very quiet here compared to the 2016 campaign thread.

How did the verbal reasoning go?

I found the verbal reasoning tricky enuf but the maths was Ok, hopefully enough to get thru

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

Paddy1507 wrote: »
    I found the verbal reasoning tricky enuf but the maths was Ok, hopefully enough to get thru

I’m going to just bite the bullet and go do it now! I’m quite nervous about the calculations part!

Advertisement