Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭irishchris

bassy wrote: »
    normal yes.

Do you mean normal that it is delayed before showing on site and if so what is the average time for these to appear?

Or do you mean items go missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

irishchris wrote: »
    Do you mean normal that it is delayed before showing on site and if so what is the average time for these to appear?

Or do you mean items go missing?

i,ve never noticed getting any notification on addresspal,have no worries your fine.

bassy wrote: »
    i,ve never noticed getting any notification on addresspal,have no worries your fine.

That's the thing I always get a notification email the same day as delivered to addresspal and shows on their site same day. Found it unusual today not to see this which is what is worrying me. Not used service in couple off months so just wondering if anyone recently has had same issue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭the hedgeman

That's the thing I always get a notification email the same day as delivered to addresspal and shows on their site same day. Found it unusual today not to see this which is what is worrying me. Not used service in couple off months so just wondering if anyone recently has had same issue

Addresspal uk never give a notification if AP address is on it but if the address is APW,they will email how much they'll take from credit/debit card to send it on,very happy with their service.

Addresspal are getting worse and won't be using them again. Package delivered on 9th. Not located until 12th and sitting in Heathrow since then without moving. Will be a week tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,821 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Addresspal are getting worse and won't be using them again. Package delivered on 9th. Not located until 12th and sitting in Heathrow since then without moving. Will be a week tomorrow!

I have always found them to be ok but I now have a package, delivered to them last Tuesday morning & still not arrived.

EDIT: It arrived as I posted this - the power of Boards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Not just me so. A package sitting in Heathrow for days at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Sitting in Heathrow, who's responsible for getting it from there to Ireland? An post,or royal mail ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Has anyone had AddressPal take a €0.00 transaction from Revolut?

I have the account about 6 weeks now and have collected a couple of items. Expecting one this week but would expect that to go post office too so no need for AP to check funds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

PopTarts wrote: »

I have the account about 6 weeks now and have collected a couple of items. Expecting one this week but would expect that to go post office too so no need for AP to check funds.

Yes happened here few days ago as well. Have not had any deliveries with them for 2-3 month now and not expecting any either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

PopTarts wrote: »

Yes happened here few days ago as well. Have not had any deliveries with them for 2-3 month now and not expecting any either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭PopTarts

dan786 wrote: »

Thanks! Was just curious. Thought for some reason they were going to home deliver it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

The UK addresspal was slowing down a month or so ago.

I ordered 2 items on Ebay on the same day early in August. One from Texas in the US and one from Norfolk in the UK.
    Both took 15 days to reach me and both were delivered on the same day.

My recent two purchases from the UK have not been accepted by them yet (delivered last week). I am very patient but they need to kick it up a gear.
    I have seen a few people posting that there stuff is sitting in Heathrow. That is the standard default once it leaves AP.
    The next scan is Dublin. The tracking may say Heathrow but it is on the move by plane or truck/ferry.

Discodog wrote: »
    I have always found them to be ok but I now have a package, delivered to them last Tuesday morning & still not arrived.

EDIT: It arrived as I posted this - the power of Boards :)

How long was yours showing in Heathrow for? Getting into farce territory at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

Have a parcel checked into Heathrow for a week now. Getting to be a joke at this stage and it will be the last time I use addresspal.

They seem to be going the old CIE route. Make the service so poor and unreliable that everyone stops using it, at which point you withdraw the service as you can legitimately claim that there wasn't enough demand to justify it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Caranica wrote: »
    So postman arrived with package looking for €16.10 to release it. Order value $21.81 and if the item was in stock in Europe it retails at €19.99, both under the €22 threshold. How do I appeal this?? I didn't have cash so will have to go to the delivery office

There is an office in Portlaoise which will process customs/vat complaints. I used them a few years ago and got a substantial refund ( which made me very wary of subsequent Customs charges ) Sorry I can't remember the exact address.

So postman arrived with package looking for €16.10 to release it. Order value $21.81 and if the item was in stock in Europe it retails at €19.99, both under the €22 threshold. How do I appeal this?? I didn't have cash so will have to go to the delivery office

Remember that they charge VAT on the value of the item + cost of postage.
    I can't see how you can appeal it.

prinzeugen wrote: »
    Remember that they charge VAT on the value of the item + cost of postage.
    I can't see how you can appeal it.

It's the cost of postage added on that people always forget,or,never bother checking the actual terms, before ordering.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

markc1184 wrote: »
    Have a parcel checked into Heathrow for a week now. Getting to be a joke at this stage and it will be the last time I use addresspal.

I've two packages signed for on the 8th and 11th- neither of which has made an appearance *yet*.

Also- have a package received on 28th September refunded by Amazon this morning as a 'customer return' - that had nothing unusual whatsoever in it (a soft toy and two kids unicorn themed cookery books).

What the hell are they up to?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

So I pay An Post €25.99? €15.99 Addresspal and €10 collection fee??

I would have ordered this in Europe if it was available. It's a corner bracket for the ring doorbell that's been sitting in a box for 6 weeks. Sold out everywhere in Europe and ring don't have a restock date. Item retails at €19.99 here

Yes, that's the way it works. VAT/Duty is charged on Value+Postage. Customs clearance fee of €10.00. The joys of buying outside the EU.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

If I'd paid another courier then fair enough. It just galls me to have to pay An Post twice!!

You have paid them for 2 separate things ; 1) to move it from the US, and 2) to Customs clear it.

Here's the thread about importing from outside the EU:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055862554

In your AddressPal account, if you click on the magnifying glass next to where it says "dispatched" you get a PDF copy of the shipping label.

You can workout roughly how much you are going to get charged from that.

It sickens me but I'll have to pay it. Have cancelled Addresspal account

It wouldn't matter who you used to get if from the usa,customs would charge you if the catch it, the mistake you made was not realising the postage was added to the cost of item to calculate the charge. It's a common error. Really isn't worthwhile ordering outside the EU,unless you are prepared to pay xtra.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

If I used someone else I would be fine with it, my point is that I have to pay An Post twice.

As I've also already said, this fitting I needed is sold out in Europe. There is still no restock date and I have a ring doorbell sitting in a box that needs this bracket. It's not that I was trying to pull a fast one by ordering from the US.

I'm not sure what your complaint is. Their fees are transparent and aren't hidden.

You're paying them to provide a service which allows you to be able to buy a product you otherwise wouldn't have been able to buy without their service.

And now you're closing your account as if they've pulled some sort of fast one on you?

Plus the only reason for the 2nd charge is to collect the customs charge your mistake caused,sorry but it's all on you .

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭i lovewine

Hi All
    anyone having problems with Addresspal ?. item delivered by company to there UK depot last Sunday. no sign of it in Ireland up to an hour ago?
    should i be concerned
    regards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

I had an item take exactly one week to get from Addresspal UK address to my local post office, I'd say wait a few days more before chasing it up with customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭i lovewine

cheers will wait awhile
    thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

I had something get to their depot on Tuesday morning and i also only got a mail this morning saying they received it.

Advertisement