Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭mylittlepony

Does Revolut accept driving licence card as I'd?
    Having issues verify my identity.
    My passport expire this year so want my other option.
    Can't believe there no customer support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Does Revolut accept driving licence card as I'd?
    Having issues verify my identity.
    My passport expire this year so want my other option.
    Can't believe there no customer support.

No, valid passport only

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭flazio

When I try to withdraw, let's say €20, from an ATM and it gives me the option to take 20 straight or the sterling equivalent, which is usually the better option?

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭doney84

With the hotel though it was a tap transaction
    The total came to 62.50 euros ...I tapped. But I got the notification that 65 euros had been taken from my euro balance. Kind of annoying.

Similar happened to me yesterday in Centra. Tapped with my phone to pay and only noticed when I left the shop the funds had been withdrawn from my sterling balance. I've paid with my phone before in the same Centra and always charged in Euro. Is this an android pay issue or what can I do to prevent it happening in the future?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

flazio wrote: »
    When I try to withdraw, let's say €20, from an ATM and it gives me the option to take 20 straight or the sterling equivalent, which is usually the better option?

Revolut is not for cash withdrawals, Use your regular card for that. They even say they prefer customers to stay away from cash,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

doney84 wrote: »
    Similar happened to me yesterday in Centra. Tapped with my phone to pay and only noticed when I left the shop the funds had been withdrawn from my sterling balance. I've paid with my phone before in the same Centra and always charged in Euro. Is this an android pay issue or what can I do to prevent it happening in the future?

This is worrying if Centra (and other?) merchants are applying DCC (Dynamic Currency Conversion) WITHOUT first getting the customers agreement.

You can be pretty sure that it is NOT Revolut responsible for this - it is the greedy merchants or whoever supplies the merchant terminals.

For more info on DCC see this link

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

doney84 wrote: »

All you can do is stay vigilant and look carefully at any screen presented. It's one of the reasons I don't like contactless payments, since you don't get to see the hidden transaction that occurs between the scanning and the merchant until it's completed.

You can ask at the till for a euro payment only, but IME the till operators don't know what you're talking about so it's easier (and less expensive) just to use card and pin. That way you can see if it's euros or not. If there is another way that people know of, I'd be interested to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Delta2113

With the hotel though it was a tap transaction
    The total came to 62.50 euros ...I tapped. But I got the notification that 65 euros had been taken from my euro balance. Kind of annoying.

Do you have round up your spare change switched on?

Another e-mail and notification looking for my Passport and a selfie. I just did it again for the third or fourth time in the last few years.

Big fan off Revolut but it show's how bad system's are. I would never get my salary paid in directly or hold a lot off money with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

https://twitter.com/RevolutApp/status/1313092824120860673?s=19

Article
    It’s hard to keep track of all your subscriptions - the one you signed up for years ago and forgot to cancel, the ones that are in your App Store or Google Play, subscriptions that pop up in your bank statement every month but it takes you a minute to remember exactly who that merchant is. We get it.

That’s why we created Subscriptions - somewhere you can track every single subscription, recurring payment, or Direct Debit that goes out of your account. All you need to do is link your payments to your Revolut card, mark the payments that we haven’t automatically picked up, and you’ve taken control.

If you’re one step ahead of the game and you’re already paying for subscriptions with your Revolut card, then you’ve got the inside track on the exciting new features that are going to make managing your recurring payments even easier.

One place to rule them all ��
    The biggest benefit to Subscriptions is that you can see all your recurring payments in one place. Keep track of how much money you’re spending with each merchant, so that you’re in control of your spending.

Block and unblock with a tap ✋
    Because of that overview, you’ll easily be able to spot any unwanted subscriptions. We know how frustrating it is to remember you want to cancel your subscription just after that payment has gone out. With Revolut, you can block outgoing payments with a tap, any time of the month. If you change your mind, unblock the payment just as easily. After all, you’re in control.

Stay in the loop with notifications ��
    Ever had your subscription blocked because a payment hasn’t gone through? Not a problem. We’ll give you a head’s up if there’s not enough money in your account to cover scheduled payments. You’ll know when each one is going out so you’ve got full control over where your money goes.

So here’s the big question...how do I get started? ��
    ��Make sure your app is updated to the latest version (7.19)

��Find Subscriptions in the Payments tab in the app and tap to get started

It's as easy as that. Load up your subscriptions - remember to check we haven’t missed any subscriptions from your transaction list - and you’re ready to go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

https://twitter.com/RevolutApp/status/1313092824120860673?s=19

Article
    It’s hard to keep track of all your subscriptions - the one you signed up for years ago and forgot to cancel, the ones that are in your App Store or Google Play, subscriptions that pop up in your bank statement every month but it takes you a minute to remember exactly who that merchant is. We get it.

That’s why we created Subscriptions - somewhere you can track every single subscription, recurring payment, or Direct Debit that goes out of your account. All you need to do is link your payments to your Revolut card, mark the payments that we haven’t automatically picked up, and you’ve taken control.

If you’re one step ahead of the game and you’re already paying for subscriptions with your Revolut card, then you’ve got the inside track on the exciting new features that are going to make managing your recurring payments even easier.

One place to rule them all ��
    The biggest benefit to Subscriptions is that you can see all your recurring payments in one place. Keep track of how much money you’re spending with each merchant, so that you’re in control of your spending.

Block and unblock with a tap ✋
    Because of that overview, you’ll easily be able to spot any unwanted subscriptions. We know how frustrating it is to remember you want to cancel your subscription just after that payment has gone out. With Revolut, you can block outgoing payments with a tap, any time of the month. If you change your mind, unblock the payment just as easily. After all, you’re in control.

Stay in the loop with notifications ��
    Ever had your subscription blocked because a payment hasn’t gone through? Not a problem. We’ll give you a head’s up if there’s not enough money in your account to cover scheduled payments. You’ll know when each one is going out so you’ve got full control over where your money goes.

So here’s the big question...how do I get started? ��
    ��Make sure your app is updated to the latest version (7.19)

��Find Subscriptions in the Payments tab in the app and tap to get started

It's as easy as that. Load up your subscriptions - remember to check we haven’t missed any subscriptions from your transaction list - and you’re ready to go!

Can you set up Scheduled Payments with a regular account, or is it for premium account holders?

Yes I have Netflix on my standard plan.

Can you set up Scheduled Payments with a regular account, or is it for premium account holders?

Yes , you can set up / schedule a one off payment on a certain date and also make it recurring with options of :
    1. Every Day
    2. Every Week
    3. Every Month

I have options to send the payment to a Revolut user or a Bank Account (See screenshot). I'm on the free plan.

Once scheduled you can delete the payment or deactivate it. (2nd Screenshot)

528624.jpg528625.png

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

Is there anyone else having issues verifying their ID? I have done this before without any issues but this time it keeps asking me to try again but doesn't tell me what the problem was. The photo of my passport and selfie were clear. I have tried 3 times last week and each time i get an email to try again. My passport has expired yesterday so i now have to renew it just for Revolut. I certainly wouldn't like to have much money in my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭DubDJ

They probably rejected the passport because it was close to expiration. They require an up to date passport to use the service. Bit annoying needing to renew just for it but seems to be the rules they have

Passport needs to be valid for at least another three months when doing the verify ID on the app.
    I tried again - doing another seflie and passport and it excepted.
    This is the biggest negative I have with Revolut. They keep coming back maybe every year looking for you to verify identity again and then you try and the app says no. Crazy carry on.
    They nearly had me uninstall the app,reboot your device and install the app again but thankfully i gave one more try.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,029 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Is it possible to receive small payments, say 10 euro, from dozens of people?

Assuming they all have the Revolut app, what do I do?

These people are not friends of mine, I don't have their mobile numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 80,988 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Geuze wrote: »

They just need the Revolut app and your mobile number.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,029 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Thanks.

I do not want to give them my mobile, so this won't work.

I note a username in Revolut, in the Payments section, "@xxxxxxx", and I was thinking this could be used.................

I tried to Request via Link, and it created a URL, is that any help?

Geuze wrote: »

These people are not friends of mine, I don't have their mobile numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Hi all,
    Did anyone spot the three month Stadia reward Revolut are giving? I saw it yesterday in the app!

If you sign up what is the story with using a controller? Can I pair a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller with my Galaxy S20 Ultra and away I go?

I'd love to give it a go, especially at 3 months of a trial!!

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Unknownability

Can anyone let me know if it is possible to set up a standing order from a BOI account to Revolut?

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭drogon.

Anyone here actually get their cash back rewards ?

Bought something from Lifestyle sports in early sept and still nothing, looking at their support documents it claims it can take up 90 days !

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Can anyone let me know if it is possible to set up a standing order from a BOI account to Revolut?

Don’t see why you couldn’t, but just be aware your cure iban will be changing in the next few weeks so you would then need to set up a new one with your new iban.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Unknownability

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Don’t see why you couldn’t, but just be aware your cure iban will be changing in the next few weeks so you would then need to set up a new one with your new iban.

I'm getting a warning saying not vaild when I try and set it up same with my N26 account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

drogon. wrote: »
    Anyone here actually get their cash back rewards ?

Bought something from Lifestyle sports in early sept and still nothing, looking at their support documents it claims it can take up 90 days !

Not yet but I only bought a week ago.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Clowns at BOI have rejected a payment i made from my revolute to my credit card so they kicked back the funds saying unable to apply.....despite being able to apply 2 payments already this month.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Clowns at BOI have rejected a payment i made from my revolute to my credit card so they kicked back the funds saying unable to apply.....despite being able to apply 2 payments already this month.
    Have an AIB credit card and if you're making a payment to it from a non-Irish account, you have to use a separate specific IBAN to the IBAN for making payments from Irish accounts. Don't know why this is but maybe BOI are the same. Worth checking with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Any ideas,

I upgraded my account this morning to the Premium one.
    After the upgrade I was offered to pick the design of a new premium card, while picking it I ended up going back to the landing page on the app and cannot see where or how I get back to complete the design etc. for the new premium card.
    Any ideas ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Trying to help a family member out , and looking for some help from you please.

She is getting 1500 euro sent to her revolut account (standard user) and wants to transfer this into her back account.

I assume she will get hit with fees for this transfer? , how much would she have to pay and any tips to get round it if this is the case ?

Thanks a lot.

Advertisement