Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

Two of my Amazon orders took 4 days to be delivered by An Post. It wasn't an An Post driver, it was some guy in a rented van.

24 September 2020 18:00
    Your item was delivered

24 September 2020 08:10
    We have your post and are getting it ready for delivery

20 September 2020 15:34
    Your delivery has been sorted in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

20 September 2020 14:43
    We have your post in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

---

24 September 2020 18:00
    Your item was delivered

24 September 2020 08:10
    We have your post and are getting it ready for delivery

20 September 2020 15:34

20 September 2020 13:22

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

VG31 wrote: »
    Two of my Amazon orders took 4 days to be delivered by An Post. It wasn't an An Post driver, it was some guy in a rented van.

Given that your items appear to been delivered from the Parcel hub that would be one of the new drivers they have taken on to do deliveries direct from there .

Getting the uniform can be slow sometimes especially if you don't fit the regular sizes

• Registered Users Posts: 26 tina27a

Hi Brianmwalker just wondering did you ever get your parcel? My tracking says my parcel departed Dublin on 20th September but still no sign of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

There are LOTs or AP guys out in Enterprise vans, got one silver fiesta too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Ordered 6 weeks ago
    Only showed up now on an post system today even though been in country since 9th September according to sellers tracker.

28 September 2020 12:18

Your delivery is being assessed by customs in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

28 September 2020 11:18

Your delivery was received by An Post in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

how long typically before i get my mitts on them?

from anyone's experience.

thanks
    John

Still no movement on above!
    must be a decent game of 25 going on in the canteen!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Brianmwalker

tina27a wrote: »
    Hi Brianmwalker just wondering did you ever get your parcel? My tracking says my parcel departed Dublin on 20th September but still no sign of it.

No, not yet. I'm just assuming it's lost now.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭BuyersRemorse

My USPS package took 24 hours from Los Angeles to Dublin, and since Friday has the same message on tracking as the first post.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 BelleEnda

An Post gave me multiple excuses over the last week for no delivery.

1. I wasn't in to collect item (I am working at home)
    2. They attempted to deliver parcel the following day but I wasn't in (again I am working from home so was home all day)
    3. They only attempted one delivery and no 2 didnt actually happen
    4. I need to go to Ravensdale Sorting Office to collect my own parcel
    5. I cant reroute the parcel to another address.

All this against a backdrop of a track and trace thread which has not been updated since day 1.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭LurkerNo1

Not a good experience with anpost again. Posted a parcel in Galway Monday to be delivered to Greystones Wicklow. I paid for Express Postage and was assured it would be the following day which I requested. The tracking number told me it was sitting in Dublin Mail Centre at 5am Tuesday morning. Excellent I thought and told my recipient it would be with them that day. No movement from the Dublin Mail centre the whole day until this morning when it was delivered. Not good enough when you pay for a premium service to having a parcel sit in a sorting office for no reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

LurkerNo1 wrote: »
    Not a good experience with anpost again. Posted a parcel in Galway Monday to be delivered to Greystones Wicklow. I paid for Express Postage and was assured it would be the following day which I requested. The tracking number told me it was sitting in Dublin Mail Centre at 5am Tuesday morning. Excellent I thought and told my recipient it would be with them that day. No movement from the Dublin Mail centre the whole day until this morning when it was delivered. Not good enough when you pay for a premium service to having a parcel sit in a sorting office for no reason.

Request a refund.

• Advertisement

Request a refund.

Yeah I sent the form. No webchat, nobody answering phones although the guy in my local post office was very helpful.

LurkerNo1 wrote: »
    Yeah I sent the form. No webchat, nobody answering phones although the guy in my local post office was very helpful.

Is webchat gone now or is it just off temporarily?

Is webchat gone now or is it just off temporarily?

I'll answer my own question....

Looked for webchat on their website today and sure enough, it's gone.

Haha sorry I forgot to reply until I got this reminder. Yes wasnt working last week and despite filling out the form in person and online in relation to my complaint and a refund for the service they didnt provide i have heard nothing from them and I presume I wont.

It's still there for me. It doesn't show up if it's outside office hours.

Screenshot-2020-10-05-162402.png

Hmmm.... I tried it just before my last post so around 15:00.

I got the "Contact Us" form (as in your picture) but not the web chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jlayay

Ordered a watch off Aliexpress from China- lastest update was:

"06 October 2020 08:31

We tried to deliver your post LITTLE ISLAND D.S.U., CO CORK
    Reason: There was no answer at the address."

Received a phone call but didn't pick up because it was a private number and thought it was spam so partly my fault in all honesty. Surprisingly I did not receive a "We Missed you Slip" to pick up the package.

What could be going on? Hopefully my package hasn't been lost at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Screenshot-2020-10-05-162402.png

I used it the other day, asked my question and the guy just closed the session after a minute, without answering it!

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

This is probably the wrong thread for this, but people here will know the answer.

I ordered something from the US, and according to the tracking, it arrived in Dublin airport on Sunday morning.

How long does it get delayed in the Customs checks before it gets delivered?

I contacted An Post, and they told me that it's probably in customs and that the item doesn't track anymore once it reaches Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

This is probably the wrong thread for this, but people here will know the answer.

I ordered something from the US, and according to the tracking, it arrived in Dublin airport on Sunday morning.

How long does it get delayed in the Customs checks before it gets delivered?

I contacted An Post, and they told me that it's probably in customs and that the item doesn't track anymore once it reaches Ireland

"Its in customs" is code for "we don't know nor care".

It may be in customs, it may just be in a cage not yet processed. Extra EU mail has been slow for a while though its improving of late. Give it a week or two (I kid you not).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Customs can hold your parcel as long as they like untill they gauge how much to charge,if anything,untill it's released by customs there ain't a damm thing an post can do with it.

That includes updating its tracking , sometimes it's scanned as received by an post,and customs take it from them while it's sitting in a cage to be delivered,or in a cage waiting to be sorted they can intercept at any point. ,at that stage it shows as received by an post,but is actually with the customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭edwardkiley

hi

My friend sent me a letter from austria(standard post) on monday the 4th of october.
    It's still not here.
    the austria post website says it's supoosed to take 5 business working days usually.
    Is anyone one else experiencing a delay from austria or central european country?

hi

My friend sent me a letter from austria(standard post) on monday the 4th of october.
    It's still not here.
    the austria post website says it's supoosed to take 5 business working days usually.
    Is anyone one else experiencing a delay from austria or central european country?

The Austrian Post seems to be really slow.

I received a parcel and letter from Austria in May and June. Both took about three weeks. The parcel which had tracking took two weeks just to leave Austria!

In comparison letters from Germany usually take 3-5 days and parcels about a week.

The Austrian Post seems to be really slow.

I received a parcel and letter from Austria in May and June. Both took about three weeks. The parcel which had tracking took two weeks just to leave Austria!

In comparison letters from Germany usually take 3-5 days and parcels about a week.

thanks for this information.
    strange it takes so long. I should of asked for tracking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Tony H

I'm in Cork and waiting on an amazon delivery through an post , its gone from

to

all normal then

Your delivery is in DUNGARVAN, CO WATERFORD , never had a parcel go through Waterford before , is this a new thing for Co. Cork deliveries , worried that Amazon have screwed up the postcode .

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

Hi all,
    Order a Shark hoover on Amazon via AddressPal. Its on the AnPost track and trace since Saturday and it states 'We have your post in LONDON, HEATHROW TRANSIT HUB'. It is normal for it to take this long to move? I am getting a little worried. In the event the items is lost do they cover it up to a certain amount?

Hi all,
    Order a Shark hoover on Amazon via AddressPal. Its on the AnPost track and trace since Saturday and it states 'We have your post in LONDON, HEATHROW TRANSIT HUB'. It is normal for it to take this long to move? I am getting a little worried. In the event the items is lost do they cover it up to a certain amount?

usually takes a week after arriving at the AP hub for me.
    an post do have international delays at the moment though

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Wackoy2k

I had Royal Mail deliver something to AddressPal in Hatfield which was signed for on Tuesday morning of this week. Usually receive notification within an hour or two that they received it. It is now three days later and still no notification.

I emailed customer service multiple times and no response after replying once asking for the tracking number.

I called customer service and they told me the system was offline as they are updating it for Brexit etc... Not sure how much truth there was in that.

An Post are an absolute joke recently. I've used them regularly for years and never had any issues.However in the past few weeks they have been terrible. Forget about using Express Post as it never arrives next day. They have no problem charging you for it but when you try to contact customer service it is non existent. Tracking not working or not updating and premium prices for a really poor service as of late. Bar a bog standard letter I'm looking for alternatives for packages and parcels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Hi all,

Prime day last week + impending lockdown = delays.

I find ordering from UK Amazon through parcel motel gets here quicker, uk delivery to NI is next day, two days at most. And then it's only a matter of hours.

Advertisement