Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heroes of the Storm (HoTS) General Chat Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Kirby wrote: »
    I got into the Alpha last year and played for a bit. I returned this week and its a lot of fun. Balance changes are good. They tend to nerf the guys who need it. They need to work on Illidan at the moment. He's incredibly strong. The pro's complain about zeratul but he has a high skill cap....random pug Zeratuls are always garbage. A monkey can play Illidan to a high level.

The matchmaking needs work too. If your team has a support and the other doesn't, it's a walkover. They need to fix that. I've started to just play Uther to ensure my team always has a healer.

Went 37/2 with zeratul over the weekend, then again we had a team who soaked up damage while i stealthed around and played the assassin role jumping players with 25% health left :P

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Sprog 4

If anyone wants a beta key give me a pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,270 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I have keys as well

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

Ill take one if theres one still going? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,270 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

IgsTer wrote: »
    Ill take one if theres one still going? :)

I have sent you a key

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,026 ✭✭✭BKtje

Got some keys, drop me a pm if you'd like one.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Promising so far and the skill level is quite good from the games I've played so far. It needs a lot more content to pull me from Dota 2 but I'll be keeping my eye on the updates coming up on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Got 4 keys today if anyone wants just PM me. First 4 will get.

I have some keys also, first to pm etc etc.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Also have a spare key if anyone wants it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

I have spare keys for this too if anybody wants them shoot me a PM.

Very surprised more boardsies arent into this, im finding it a great game.

I play it now and again but I don't enjoy the sheer simplicity of it. I find Dota more complex and rewarding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I feel like i want to play it but every time i do play it, win or lose i feel so unfulfilled. Like im just going through the motions and the only thing i have to put any thought into is where i want allocate my talent points. Its for casual players that don't want to invest much to learn a new game or for people that have low skill levels. It the trend in Blizzard games these days anyway bar Starcraft, but the only reason that has such a high skill ceiling is because of how immensely popular it is in Korea and as an E-sport.

I don't expect much from Overwatch, sadly...

I never said I disliked the game, I just enjoy the more complexity and variance involved in the other MOBA games. I can see where HoTS scratches a certain itch but it's not for me.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

As someone who tried League and who ran smack into the learning curve so hard that I knew there was no point at all in looking into DotA, I decided to give this a look a couple of nights ago and I found it's stripped down style much, much more approachable. I'm in my late 30's with a 50-60 hour/week job, I don't have time to learn a whole encyclopedia's worth of Heroes, Spells, Gear, Perks, Buffs, and whatever the flip else you're just expected to know on day one. I've only tried a couple of public games too and the players have been really helpful in saying "go here and do this" when I said "I'm a total n00b, I have no idea what's important, please feel free to give direction" (which is the exact opposite of my experience with League and the main reason I dropped it so quickly).

I also really like that the maps are different and offer something new each time you play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Shiminay wrote: »
    As someone who tried League and who ran smack into the learning curve so hard that I knew there was no point at all in looking into DotA, I decided to give this a look a couple of nights ago and I found it's stripped down style much, much more approachable. I'm in my late 30's with a 50-60 hour/week job, I don't have time to learn a whole encyclopedia's worth of Heroes, Spells, Gear, Perks, Buffs, and whatever the flip else you're just expected to know on day one. I've only tried a couple of public games too and the players have been really helpful in saying "go here and do this" when I said "I'm a total n00b, I have no idea what's important, please feel free to give direction" (which is the exact opposite of my experience with League and the main reason I dropped it so quickly).

I also really like that the maps are different and offer something new each time you play.

There Rope, this guy just confirmed what i said, its a casual MOBA

For me a non MOBA veteran HOTS is just a hell of a lot more action packed.
    I personally got bored of other MOBAs and lost interest rapidly.
    The real depth of HOTS comes from trying to counter your opposing teams heroes builds with your builds.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

Played this to level 12 just to get the free card back in Hearthstone. Cant see myself sticking with it tbh. Very mechanically unrewarding. ALthough I will admit the objective based maps are cool for something different to do

I have 45k gold waiting to buy a few heroes.
    Probably buy a solid tank and healer or two,and a few assassins.
    I already own, tyrande,raynor,valla,diablo,muradin.
    Cant decide which healer/support i prefer,played them all and enjoyed them all to a certain extent.
    Likewise im unsure of another tank to buy, i love muradin but tempted to buy johanna and stitches.
    As for assassin maybe zeratul and a few more.

• Advertisement

Changed thread title.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

I've just started playing last week. Any point in starting a "Irish HOTS players" thread? I don't feel like looking through the SC2 thread for Bnet IDs!

I've found it enjoyable so far and the fact that you don't need to commit an hour per game is a big plus.
    As a LoL player there are certain aspects I miss regarding the variance/items etc. I find its harder to snowball/carry due to some of the above and the global XP which can be a bit annoying but that could be my lack of experience too.
    If I'm crushing my lane and I get an early kill or two it doesn't really matter that much which is what leads to the comeback mechanics.
    I think it relies just as much on the team comp as other MOBAs (possibly moreso) so am looking forward to giving HL a go.

Interesting chart depicting the games getting longer as the mechanics increase
    1383996929408051302.png

If anybody wants to team up let me know BNet tag is Nerobear #2862

Anybody else getting massive lag for this since yesterday?

I use to get the occasional lag spike but this is just ridiculous. The game is unplayable for me at the moment. :(

RopeDrink wrote: »
    To be honest, I get less lag in HotS than I do League. Any time there has been net issues it's been 99% my end, whereas in League I'd often get unexplainable DC's or 'attempting to reconnect' whilst my internet is working perfect.

I understand it being maybe the ISP, modem or my PC but the degradation in games was gradual at the start and then just spiked. I've been to the forums and the complaints about latency and connection errors are staggering and Blizzards reply was "well we're not seeing any latency issues on our side". The amount of complaints was pretty staggering with a forum wide cull on lag threads.

That was brilliant I must go watch the rest of them now:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

European champs on atm. Dignitas vs Liquid. Looking forward to this one...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    European champs on atm. Dignitas vs Liquid. Looking forward to this one...
    That third game in final between
    Dignitas and Navi
    is every definition of epic (look at those
    Navi
    picks!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭billian

Is there much of an Irish HotS community any more? I just started playing about two weeks ago and I'm very much enjoying it!

Advertisement