Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Happy Birthday Grandeeod - steak sounds yum. I get a gra for a bit of steak about once a month - I love a tender ribeye with lots of grainy mustard on the side.

It was another tiring day here - I feel I got nothing done and now I'm contemplating sleep. Night all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Autosport wrote: »
    Couchside chatting with my favourite man making plans for our Christmas shopping trip tomorrow :Dwhat has he let himself in for :D
    CrowdedHouse this time tomorrow

FearlessElementaryButterfly-size_restricted.gif

• Cali_girl wrote: »
    :eek:

I mean I understand (sort of not really), and I know and love and respect many vegans and vegetarians and pescatarians, but part of me will always be, but why? :o

I'm not vegan or vegetarian but I very rarely eat meat tbh,my lot love chicken and I'm always cooking it but would never eat it apart from a pick,I'm a total grazer tbh ,I eat loads just not actual meals if that makes sense, I love going out for meals but always take a fish dish, weird I suppose but it works for me.

BTW I loved your poetry quote the other night, very apt for me,just need to put it into practice, I'm ashamed to say that I haven't moved on from something that happened to me 5 years ago, its like one step forward two steps back,it ridiculous but it's on my mind 24/7..think I'm a lot cause tbh...bedside, thank God its warmer tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,048 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I had to literally drag the Cat downstairs for the supper. Chomping away now, then out for a pee - not me the Cat.:D I'll be eating a lot later than planned and then bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

I'm ashamed to say that I haven't moved on from something that happened to me 5 years ago, its like one step forward two steps back,it ridiculous but it's on my mind 24/7..think I'm a lot cause tbh...
    You are not a lost cause Duvet. You are only a lost cause if you tell yourself that, say it enough and you will believe it and once you believe it you will become it. I don't know what you are referring to so this will likely sound condescending but human beings can overcome almost any trauma/bad experience. We are amazing creatures in some ways. It's absolutely normal to have not moved on or to feel like you haven't moved on but you owe it to yourself to not let it stay that way if it gets you down. There are always unexplored options or previously explored options approached with a different mindset. One thing that I have found that works for me is to analyse a bad experience after the fact and try to take any positives from it, even one. I won't stop doing it until I get at least one positive thing from it, "If A never happened then I wouldn't have gotten B" kind of a thing.

The bad thing has already happened, many good things can still happen.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Night all

I'm not vegan or vegetarian but I very rarely eat meat tbh,my lot love chicken and I'm always cooking it but would never eat it apart from a pick,I'm a total grazer tbh ,I eat loads just not actual meals if that makes sense, I love going out for meals but always take a fish dish, weird I suppose but it works for me.

BTW I loved your poetry quote the other night...

Bedside.
    I'm a terrible carnivore Madelyn Obnoxious Balcony, always was - even as a kid, just wanted to eat the meat or chicken or fish and would leave or hide the rest if I could get away with it, total savage! My mother and sister are like you, no interest. They pick around all day, like little birdies pecking away :pac: I put it down to different blood types or something. But seriously a good steak literally changes my mood and makes me feel different and happy, it has to be genetic!

That poet breaks my heart, his life was so sad, talk about a tortured soul... After a bad year of going down multiple dead ends a while back, I scripted that line over a photograph of my favourite beach, put it on the wall and just stared at it for 6 months, then I finally got bored, tore it down and went off and did some new stuff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,048 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Striploin Steak dinner done. I'm done too. A bit late after work so not so enjoyable. I was planning on having it so much earlier. Sleep well folks!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Sweet dreams to you all. I'll just be over here roaming the dark halls alone *sniff*

:pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Horizontal on the sofa, TV on and my OH and I are watching A Touch Of Frost. Chilled and bedside in under and hour.

Belated Birthday wishes Grandeeod. :) Go and spoil yourself...you’ve earned it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Sweet dreams to you all. I'll just be over here roaming the dark halls alone *sniff*
    I'm awake monitoring a possible allergic reaction to see if I need to head 45 minutes away to the nearest hospital. Another reason to hate being home.

Anyone ever find a lump in their mouth, prod at it and find it moves? Am weirded out.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Your tongue?. Some food?. :pac:

Sorry, no not experienced that i don't think. Fingers crossed it fecks off for you.

Deskside hoping Witchie is ok..

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Bedside awake too early

Am fine but ended up in the hospital anyway. Dad came woke me just after 5 to say mum wasn't well so am now waiting while she sees doctors.

Cripes, sorry to hear that Witchie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Deskside.
    Witchie are you still at the hospital with your Mam?

It’s Wednesday, hump of the week. Wishing for a good day for all the lovely people in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,209 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Happy Wednesday!!!

Hope it all turns out well Witchie :)

Can't wait to spend the day shopping with my favourite man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Morning All! Slept like a baby Bumbóg last night. Hope everyone has a lovely day!

Aye still here but as it was quiet am getting myself checked too. Was a little concerned about blood results I collected from my doc yesterday coupled with my headaches, palpitations and now this rash and stingy eyes.

• Advertisement

A damp morning, boo! Prefer the crisp frosty ones.
    Fingers crossed witchie

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Just taking the boy to school then I'm going back to bed for an hour.

Late leaving work :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

Workety workety work work.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Walkety walkety walk in the rain. I hate rain jackets as much as I hate rain.
    It's not cold so you end up feeling sous vide-ed in your plastic wrapper. I'd wear a normal jacket over a hooded jumper but I'd be nagged half to death. Lol :)

eviltwin wrote: »
    Just taking the boy to school then I'm going back to bed for an hour.

God I miss those days! Enjoy. Been snoozing in a waiting room chair and my sore neck is now sorer. Dreaming of my warm bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Morning all - A lovely bright day up here. Witchie I hope you feel better soon, it's the weather for ills of all sorts. I spend far too much time in waiting rooms lately and they're never empty.

Deskside, with a full day ahead on my to do list.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,779 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Cool and breezy here , found The Wizard Of Oz here last night lol , hadn't seen it in a while .
    Happy Wednesday folks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Levi Scary Disk

Back home after a quick round trip to Wicklow. Left home at 6:45, so I think I deserve a coffee and an extra biscuit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside in my home office/spare room, reading final year dissertations I am examining and marking.

Meeting at 2pm in town, so getting ready to head out shortly. Have a good day all! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement