Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Avantcard Cashback €144 - New & existing customers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Just wondering, are avantcard data mining, is that what you give to get? Just wondering

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭conor_mc

Cyrus wrote: »
    Folks the AIB platinum card cash back is a lot better than this

Spend over €5,000 (and up to €50,000) in any 12 month period from your account opening date, we will give you 0.5% of that amount back (maximum award for each 12 month period is €225)*

You’d have to spend 45k on your credit card in a year to qualify for the full €225 though, or 28,800 to get the €144 on offer with Avantcard. On the other hand, all spend counts I think (hotels, flights, etc.) and I don’t think there’s a monthly max like AC or KBC have.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭conor_mc

Double post... oops!

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

vicwatson wrote: »
    Just wondering, are avantcard data mining, is that what you give to get? Just wondering

All credit/debit card issuers are already using your spending data, so this is no different.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

KBC are offering 4% back on grocery and online transactions for people who apply for a new KBC credit card between July and August. That seems a hard offer to beat.

Limited to a max of €40 back a month.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,313 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

KBC are offering 4% back on grocery and online transactions for people who apply for a new KBC credit card between July and August. That seems a hard offer to beat.

Limited to a max of €40 back a month.
    The 4% is for three months only, but still interesting. What are KBC like on credit limits? If I'm going to do a balance transfer, I'd need a decent limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

KBC would only offer me 3k credit, Avant offered me 7k so went with them. Good offer all the same by KBC though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Yeah I got twice as much with Avant as KBC would give also. Avant seemed to be much more thorough with their checks though. It felt like they really scrutinized my statements while KBC seem to simply approve the card.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

torrevieja wrote: »
    Hi folks i have a Bank of Ireland Mastercard and im going to switch, what i want to know is,

how long before card is sent and is active?

do i have to notify my old Card company?

will i be charged for two cards with government duty?

As part of the application, you can transfer your balance from one to the other. You will get a letter of closure so you don't have to pay stamp duty again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Got the first 4 eur back this month...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Signup up about 2 weeks ago. Plenty of purchases after signing up. Got my statement this morning. Nada - zilch - nothing at all. I appreciate hotels don’t count, do online tickets count, pay parking, train tickets?

joeysoap wrote: »
    Signup up about 2 weeks ago. Plenty of purchases after signing up. Got my statement this morning. Nada - zilch - nothing at all. I appreciate hotels don’t count, do online tickets count, pay parking, train tickets?

I signed up same time....i think most of your things might be travel ! check on your avantcard online site what is the category for them.

Yes, a lot of travel related spending. But a few items in Woodies and Argos too. Was too late for major purchases earlier in month.

Few football tickets, they obviously don’t count either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Yes, a lot of travel related spending. But a few items in Woodies and Argos too. Was too late for major purchases earlier in month.

Few football tickets, they obviously don’t count either.

Its already been said. Its not reimbursed on each billing cycle. Its a month after you sign up

Beersmith wrote:
    Its already been said. Its not reimbursed on each billing cycle. Its a month after you sign up

I registered on 20th July and got cash back dated 2nd august

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭wench

I registered on 20th July and got cash back dated 2nd august
    Likewise, signed up 24th July after a busy month of spending, got my €12 on the 2nd Aug.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭glen123

Signed up on the 25th.....haven't used the card since then....got 12eur cashback on the 2nd!

Another card that I also signed up on the 25th - used it quite a lot since the 25th and got no cashback so far.

vicwatson wrote: »

Most of the banks do data mining anyway based on debits on the accounts !

I’ll give another month, then revert back what I was doing previously. Mostly debit card and pay pal. I deviated this month to see if it was worth it. Included a €520 spend in Argos.

Signed up about 6 weeks ago and nothing on first statement.

This morning I received two letters from Avantcard welcoming me to reward+ and informing me I will earn rewards straight away!

Both are dated 16th August. So we wait for the next statement. Letters do state I will see cashback credits on my account monthly for the previous months transactions. ( does state previous month. Next statement not due till early September)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Signed up about 6 weeks ago and nothing on first statement.

This morning I received two letters from Avantcard welcoming me to reward+ and informing me I will earn rewards straight away!

Both are dated 16th August. So we wait for the next statement. Letters do state I will see cashback credits on my account monthly for the previous months transactions. ( does state previous month. Next statement not due till early September)

I got 2 as well for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

I came from Tesco and so we still get the Clubcard points on spend with the CC. Seemingly you cannot do both i.e. get the cashback reward and the points. If I was to leave for the rewards + they tell me there is no way to go back to getting the Tesco points.

Leslie91 wrote: »
    I came from Tesco and so we still get the Clubcard points on spend with the CC. Seemingly you cannot do both i.e. get the cashback reward and the points. If I was to leave for the rewards + they tell me there is no way to go back to getting the Tesco points.

In long term this will save u more..tesco off late has been winding down on boost partners as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭torrevieja

hi folks id like to sign up probably for Avantcard Cashback Rewards,

in the mean time do i just cancel my old Credit Card ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

hi folks id like to sign up probably for Avantcard Cashback Rewards,

in the mean time do i just cancel my old Credit Card ?

I'm presuming your current card is with another provider?

If so, you can keep it active till your new one is setup. You will have the option to transfer the balance etc. You wont be liable for a second stamp duty either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Davy wrote: »
    I'm presuming your current card is with another provider?

If so, you can keep it active till your new one is setup. You will have the option to transfer the balance etc. You wont be liable for a second stamp duty either.

yes its with another provider, so having two cards is still only one stamp duty?

I do intend to cancel my old one do i just ring my bank and cancel?

also i only want credit on My credit card for €4000, how do i go about telling them this that i want this credit limit ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

I've been hmming and hawwing about getting a credit card the last while as it would be handy for car rental & hotel booking abroad, the 30 quid bonus for joining might just put me over the edge here. Just a quick question:

1. How do you pay your bill each month? do you have to transfer from your bank account or can you pay instantly by Visa Debit etc?
    Visa/Mastercard Debit or Bank Transfer. 

They are pretty good in fairness, I've also been using them for around 15 years. I even moved abroad around 10 years ago and the customer service has been excellent. 

Debit card is great and all but if something goes wrong when you are abroad you'll get the standard "you need to wait 10 working days"
    With Avantcard I could walk into a bank in Czech Republic with my Passport and they had arranged money to be there for me and had a Temporary card out by Fedex next morning at the hotel.

yes its with another provider, so having two cards is still only one stamp duty?

You will have to pay a second stamp duty if you keep the card active, but I meant you don't need to close it before opening the new one.

I can see €8.01 credit on my upcoming statement

• Advertisement

Just a credit of 6.4 I thought I will make the full 12 lol

Advertisement