Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody know anything about Jukeboxes ?

• 09-11-2018 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭

I'm very interested in this one on adverts: https://www.adverts.ie/home-audio/jukebox/16233318

Any advice on what to look for ? Value etc ?

I'm clueless on Jukeboxes but would love to get a wall mounted one like this for the games room.
    I'm going to have a look at it next week to see:

- Does it work
    - General condition
    - Does it need some sort of bracket to wall mount

Any other things to look out for ?

Thanks !!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 anto002

Hi yeah that price is around what their worth.
    Make sure it comes with speakers.
    The speakers wire directly into it, and it should have a wall hanging bracket supplied with it.

They are heavy so if picking up, you will need another person with you.
    One last thing, ask if the battery was changed on the board recently.
    It's not a major problem if the battery goes because it's a simple thing to reprogram.
    Make sure it comes with a manual.
    To change a CD you will have to initialise the CD.
    To do that , you open it up, pull out the little black button on the top right.
    Then replace the CD and while the button is pulled out you press the "C" button on the select pad then press 1 6 1 then the number of the CD , saying if you put it into the slot numbered 19 or 60 , what ever it is just put that number in after pressing 161 19, 60 or whatever.
    Then press the "H" button and it will take the CD and read it.
    Then push in the black button and your sorted.
    Saying if you replace all the CD'S you will have to press 1 6 0 then 00 and it will

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 anto002

And it will initialise all CD'S.
    One more thing , when viewing the jukebox play at least 3 songs from 3 different CD'S to make sure the lazer is working because these may prove difficult to get.
    I hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Thanks for the info @anto002

anto002 wrote: »
    And it will initialise all CD'S.
    One more thing , when viewing the jukebox play at least 3 songs from 3 different CD'S to make sure the lazer is working because these may prove difficult to get.
    I hope this helps.

good info there from anto,
    few years back i bough a beautiful sound leisure juke.
    like this
    https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/sound-leisure-ritz-domed-top-cd-248919028

got it cheap and untested.
    found the battery had leaked badly onto the main board but i was able to patch it up and it worked well for 6/7 months until it died.
    parts are unobtainium.
    Also found that the cd juke box "style" doesnt suit the home.
    There is no way to play all,it had a random mode but it would play the same "random" songs in the same order each time.
    since it was fooked I got a friend to program a rasberry pi interface for it.
    so it all looked legit on the outside but had secret codes to make it better.
    eg enter the cd number followed by 99 and it would play all songs on that cd.
    mine had no built in amp either so thats a bit of a pain.

Advertisement