Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tommy Robinson jailed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,395 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Jesus talk about straw man .... AND Godwin's !!!

Well done!!

My point is that having followers does not make you a decent person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭rgossip30

And this makes him a "legend" in your eyes? You really do set the bar low don't you?

A true virtue signaler .You used the word legend I just stated fact .

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Tacklebox

He has followers worldwide. Guy is a legend at this stage.

He's indeed a legend, he is quite popular in America and England.

I've read a lot about him and he never came across as saying anything racist.

He's more against wahabbism and salafism than anything.
    He's never had anything bad to say about Allawites Shia's and Sufi Muslims.

Yet a lot of people cannot comprehend that he's not against Islam as a whole but against the more radical Islamic teaching and subscriber's.

Being racist is saying that your race is better than another.
    Racism has nothing to do with religion or politics, it's to do with race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

batgoat wrote: »
    And he almost ruined a sexual abuse trial because he wanted to make it about a particularly racist agenda...

Racist ?
    Missing the point there.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,395 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

rgossip30 wrote: »
    A true virtue signaler .You used the word legend I just stated fact .

Ugh

When in doubt just throw out this weeks buzzword :rolleyes:

I was replying to this poster who 1st used the word "legend"

• Advertisement

Ugh

When in doubt just throw out this weeks buzzword :rolleyes:

I was replying to this poster who 1st used the word "legend"

Well I suggest you reply to him NOT my post in that case you are confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,282 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Lost his case it seems.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/tommy-robinson-court-case-trial-stephen-yaxley-lennon-harassment-police-cambridgeshire-judge-a8825176.html

Maybe should have taken the settlement which the police apparently begged him to take multiple times, although I suspect that the supposed settlement offers may have been wishful thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,099 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Lost his case it seems.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/tommy-robinson-court-case-trial-stephen-yaxley-lennon-harassment-police-cambridgeshire-judge-a8825176.html

Maybe should have taken the settlement which the police apparently begged him to take multiple times, although I suspect that the supposed settlement offers may have been wishful thinking.

I really needed a laugh after a **** day yesterday. Cheers.

moonage wrote: »
    He doesn't want an out of court settlement—he wants it shown that the police were wrong when they ejected him from a city when he was minding his own business with his children.

It seems he wasnt with his children when the police told him to leave the pub

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/tommy-robinson-court-case-cambridge-pub-police-cambridgeshire-edl-lawsuit-a8821481.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Oh Tommy :(

Presume there'll be a gofundme set up to pay the costs

Guy's a f*cking spoofer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Lost his case it seems.

I'm very surprised to hear there's a police Sgt. in Cambridge that doesn't (didn't) know who he was. No telly, no Facebook/Twitter, and hadn't read a newspaper this decade?

"1980s footlball hooligan" comment was hilarious. He was born in the '80s. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭zapitastas

moonage wrote: »
    He doesn't want an out of court settlement—he wants it shown that the police were wrong when they ejected him from a city when he was minding his own business with his children.

Should be strapped to a rocket and ejected from the planet

• Registered Users Posts: 39,485 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Judge disagrees.
    “That is not in my judgement is the case. Mr Lennon is not as well known as he or his supporters might think."

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I'm very surprised to hear there's a police Sgt. in Cambridge that doesn't (didn't) know who he was. No telly, no Facebook/Twitter, and hadn't read a newspaper this decade?

"1980s footlball hooligan" comment was hilarious. He was born in the '80s. :pac:

This happened in 2016, he wasn't as well known back then

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭moonage

It's spooky that on the day, March 7, that an interview with Tommy Robinson was uploaded where he said that if Brexit was delayed he would run as MEP or MP for UKIP—within hours the Attorney General had decided to retry him for contempt of court, thus curtailing his political ambitions.

The establisment want to keep Tommy under their thumb.

From 58:50

RasTa wrote: »
    This happened in 2016, he wasn't as well known back then

Fair point. I would have expected the police to know though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

I really needed a laugh after a **** day yesterday. Cheers.

Ah so thats why there's such an interest in TR from the left. Great lad Tommy helping the Lefties find a little happiness in life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

declan2693 wrote: »
    Ah so thats why there's such an interest in TR from the left. Great lad Tommy helping the Lefties find a little happiness in life.

When bigotry isn't a source of happiness for some, maybe it is a bit harder for them to come by.

Seems like a cop and bull story the video shows him with children although their faces were not shown ?

You dont have to be a leftie to find tommy a racist, hate-filled, thug.

• Advertisement

You dont have to be a leftie to find tommy a racist, hate-filled, thug.

No just ill informed idiots.

No just ill informed idiots.

I see you edited your post. LOL

I see you edited your post. LOL

Yeah, was a grammar mistake.LOL

Yeah, was a grammar mistake.LOL

you called me an idiot and you claim that was a grammar mistake???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Can't quite believe there are still people out there who buy into people like Tommy Robinson, Gemma O'Dogherty, Rowan Croft and Hermann Kelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Sheeps wrote: »
    Can't quite believe there are still people out there who buy into people like Tommy Robinson, Gemma O'Dogherty, Rowan Croft and Hermann Kelly.

There will always be, unfortunately. Same with any scam, really.

Not everything they say is conpiricy .rhetoric or whatever one wants to call it .

rgossip30 wrote: »
    Not everything they say is conpiricy .rhetoric or whatever one wants to call it .

That's ok I'm willing to write off them and anyone who supports them as a racist. The risk of misjudging someone is acceptable to me.

That's ok I'm willing to write off them and anyone who supports them as a racist. The risk of misjudging someone is acceptable to me.

Prejudice, I think that's called.

• Advertisement

Prejudice, I think that's called.
    Don't care.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement