Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the most alcohol you ever drank in one sitting?

• 14-03-2019 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

I'm not a well built man, I'm 171 cm and 70ish kg.

Over the course of a 15 hour session (mixture of drinking at home and in a pub) I had:

6 cans of Guinness.
    5 pints of Beamish.
    3 bottles of Guinness.
    3 pints of Murphys Stout.

I was stocious and in bits the next day.

You?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

19 pints of Guinness on an all dayer on Paddy's Day (the other lads were apparently counting). Couldn't get out of bed the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Tacklebox

I can't remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I'd say some amount of toxic waste came out of your guts after that amount of stout!!

Most I ever drank was 13 pints of Guinness at my Grandad's funeral as well all a couple of Pernod Black chasers. I destroyed the toilet bowl the next day :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Crock Rock

Thanks, Berties_Horse High_Horse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

How do people keep such a precise count on how many drinks they've consumed when they would be completely hammered because of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭KevRossi

19 0.5l bottles of Augustiner Helles one Friday in Munich. Started on the building site at 8.00 and finished in the house about 3am that night. Went to work the next day to do a clean up around 12.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Dunno but ordered a double rum and coke pitcher at one point last night.... So a fair bit

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    How do people keep such a precise count on how many drinks they've consumed when they would be completely hammered because of it?

I don't know to be honest, all I wanted to do was drink dance and screw.

15 years now off the hooch, ironically I can remember my last drink...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Crock Rock wrote: »

Over the course of a 15 hour session (mixture of drinking at home and in a pub) I had:

6 cans of Guinness.
    5 pints of Beamish.
    3 bottles of Guinness.

You?

17 drinks in 15 hours ??
    A little over a pint per hour OP.

Stocious? Pffft.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vkus6mt3y8zg2q

Because they are bull****ting

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Wade Boggs drank 50 beers on a cross-country flight and then absolutely destroyed the Seattle Mariners the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Crock Rock wrote: »

6 cans of Guinness.
    5 pints of Beamish.
    3 bottles of Guinness.

You?

Lightweight

• Registered Users Posts: 22,221 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I asked the barman for one more pint.

He said, “there are no more pints”.

Uncharted wrote: »
    17 drinks in 15 hours ??
    A little over a pint per hour OP.

Stocious? Pffft.

I know even though I don't drink any more, I think that's a right light weight.
    At least they were able to pace themselves.
    I used to have chaser's, waiting for my pint to settle...

Get rid of the fear like, oh the fear....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Two crates of Guinness, and a half bottle of whiskey.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,650 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I once did 10 triple shots of vodka in 2 minutes as a dare. Was totally sober at the time. Took about 20 minutes to kick in. Bizarre experience.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I was about to post the same thing. We did a 20 hour bender a long time ago and have no idea what was consumed after hour six.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

I find these kind of threads depressing tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Iano813

I'm a lightweight more then a feed of pints and I'm arguing with everyone and destroying the clothes with kebabs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I once did 10 triple shots of vodka in 2 minutes as a dare. Was totally sober at the time. Took about 20 minutes to kick in. Bizarre experience.
    35.5ml x 3 x 10 = 1.065 litres

in 2 minutes.

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Dry your eyes.

Maybe you should consider going to church on Thursdays then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Hard to remember exactly, of course. Until recently I would be able to down a few pints of cider and/or lager at home and then hit the vodka or Jagermeister. I have certainly drunk a full shoulder of vodka (70cl) on a couple of occasions after already drinking cans and pints of snakebite.

The only reason I can say this for sure is that I had to clear away the empties the following day.

After my wife died and as my son became late teens, our house was always the party house at weekends. This lasted for several years and generally I would get hammered at home and/or in the pub every weekend, usually with the same amounts of beer and spirits.

Now, thankfully, my son is mid-20s and I'm in a great relationship. We do still drink more than is good for us, but to nothing like the extent we used to. It's getting harder and harder (and far less appealing) to drink such huge amounts anyway, now that I'm in my 50s.

I don't often drink during the week but occasionally if there's a match on I will drink 5 or 6 pints.

I do love the Jagermeister with Red Bull, but there's been a litre bottle of it in my fridge for over a month now and it's barely been touched.

I'm a bit embarrassed when I read this post :o

Hard to remember exactly, of course. Until recently I would be able to down a few pints of cider and/or lager at home and then hit the vodka or Jagermeister. I have certainly drunk a full shoulder of vodka (70cl) on a couple of occasions after already drinking cans and pints of snakebite.

The only reason I can say this for sure is that I had to clear away the empties the following day.

After my wife died and as my son became late teens, our house was always the party house at weekends. This lasted for several years and generally I would get hammered at home and/or in the pub every weekend, usually with the same amounts of beer and spirits.

Now, thankfully, my son is mid-20s and I'm in a great relationship. We do still drink more than is good for us, but to nothing like the extent we used to. It's getting harder and harder (and far less appealing) to drink such huge amounts anyway, now that I'm in my 50s.

I don't often drink during the week but occasionally if there's a match on I will drink 5 or 6 pints.

I do love the Jagermeister with Red Bull, but there's been a litre bottle of it in my fridge for over a month now and it's barely been touched.

I'm a bit embarrassed when I read this post :o

A shoulder bottle is 35cl.

Edit : now you can either be half as embarrassed or drink twice as much.

Win win

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

The better part of a litre of bacardi over the space of about 5 hours. Never vomited so much in my life, although it's probably just as well I did otherwise I'd probably have been dead. How I didn't up in hospital is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭upinsmoke

11 pints and a 700ml bottle of vodka, wasn't right for a week after it

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

In recent memory... 2 bottles of wine, then a mate brought out a bottle of whiskey. So I imagine at least 2 large glasses of whiskey was at least 4-6 measures on top of that.

He lives in the same estate as me, but I remember nearly getting lost on the way home.

But with alcohol... rate is important. Drinking that much in 5 hours is a lot, as opposed to starting early on some day long pub crawl.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

This one time at band camp… I had 10 shots of vodka and puked back up the last one.

When I say puke. It went down and came straight back up. No chunks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Uncharted wrote: »
    A shoulder bottle is 35cl.

Edit : now you can either be half as embarrassed or drink twice as much.

Win win

My bad. It was the full 70cl bottles. I wouldn't waste my time with a 35cl bottle.

What's the name for a 70cl bottle?

Advertisement