Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Zooplus delivery times

• 07-02-2021 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭

Has anyone recieved a zooplus delivery in the last few weeks? They used to ship via the UK with DPD and I'm wondering is there much of a hold up?
    I know screwfix deliveries are taking weeks to get through customs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

I think they are shipping through Germany now so maybe an extra day or two. My last order was before Christmas

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

I've had 2 orders delivered since Brexit kicked in... no delay at all! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭wiz569

Slight delay in my last order by about a day or two tops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

wiz569 wrote: »
    Slight delay in my last order by about a day or two tops.

Same with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Springwell

Exactly a week from order to door currently for me (three orders in 2021)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,756 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Are people ordering on dot ie, dot de, or dot co dot uk?

We used to mostly order from UK but not sue about that now.
    Previously, the Irish site didn't have what we wanted and the German site always threw up credit card issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭morgana

You have to order from the. Ie site. They stopped ordering from the de site which was cheaper and a much wider selection a few years back. I think the same is now true for the UK site. I've ordered this year already and it took exactly a week from placing the order to getting the parcel. DPD tracking is ****ed though, will only show received data until you get a message from DPD UK or ie when you'll get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

morgana wrote: »
    You have to order from the. Ie site. They stopped ordering from the de site which was cheaper and a much wider selection a few years back. I think the same is now true for the UK site. I've ordered this year already and it took exactly a week from placing the order to getting the parcel. DPD tracking is ****ed though, will only show received data until you get a message from DPD UK or ie when you'll get it.

So there is no extra charge lumped on by customs? The cat food I get is 55euro for twelve kilos, petshop charges 75 euro for ten kilos. So even if the .ie is a bit more it's still cheaper :) just wasn't sure about extra charges

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Antares35 wrote: »
    So there is no extra charge lumped on by customs? The cat food I get is 55euro for twelve kilos, petshop charges 75 euro for ten kilos. So even if the .ie is a bit more it's still cheaper :) just wasn't sure about extra charges

They’re in the EU and not routing through the UK anymore so no extra charges

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I’ve ordered twice since brexit, no extra charges and only 1-2 days max extra delivery time. They’re routing from the Netherlands now as far as I know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I placed an order on the 5th Feb, handed to DPD on the 8th and still no sign of it, had last month's order within 5 days from placing the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

Just rang them today, I always get my order in four days max. This is day five and it's on a boat with no tracking information as yet. I wish they would have informed me that orders would take longer and I would have ordered a week earlier.

Ours took a week to arrive, ordered last Thursday and received yesterday.

sue97 wrote: »
    Just rang them today, I always get my order in four days max. This is day five and it's on a boat with no tracking information as yet. I wish they would have informed me that orders would take longer and I would have ordered a week earlier.

A friend of mine ordered on a Friday, and had her order delivered the following Monday!
    I haven't noticed any delays either, so the majority seem to experiencing at worst a delay of a couple of days?
    Did you order from the .ie, or .co.uk, or other version of the site?

My order came yesterday, I ordered it the Thursday before so it took a week. Not too bad all things considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

Fingers crossed mine will be delivered on Monday or Tues so. Do the tracking numbers still work for anyone? They've not worked for me for a few months

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

sue97 wrote: »

.ie site

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Has anyone had issues with tracking?

I ordered on the 12th, got a dispatch email on the 15th with a tracking link and it doesn't recognise the number
    DPD
    'Please enter a valid numeric consignment number'

Hoping to get it soon!

The tracking never works for me but it always arrives within the week so I stopped trying to track it

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭gobo99

Ordered on the 21st Dec, delivered on the 4th Jan.
    Ordered on the 6th Feb delivered on the 16th Feb.

• Advertisement

Jayney... there does seem to be a fair bit of variation after all :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

I got my delivery 2 days ago. I ordered on a Thurs, dispatched on a Sunday and I received it the Wednesday day week after that so it was only a day or 2 longer than a normal delivery last year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

I order regularly from Zooplus (3-4 times a month) and, as much as I dislike them, there's no viable alternative. Orders appear to be dispatched as quickly as normal but there are definitely delays with delivery services and the delays appear to be getting worse. It's now taking 10+ days for orders to arrive.

Thanks Boris, Jacob, Nigel & Co.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭sunbeam

My second last order was placed on the 17th and delivered on the 24th. It did not show up on DPD tracking until the day of delivery.

I placed another order on Sunday(the 21st). It was dispatched within a day, but there's no sign of it yet. I'm hoping it will turn up on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,756 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Got a delivery during the week. Took 10 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭sunbeam

My latest delivery just turned up a few minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I was waiting a week recently with DHL/An Post from https://www.meintierdiscount.de so i'd expect to subtract 2 or 3 days if that was DPD and zooplus!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

My latest order arrived earlier today. This one took 8 days. DPD tracking link wasn't recognized until last night which isn't a lot of help. Tracking was always up to date prior to Brexit.

It's a pain not knowing how long deliveries are going to take but I guess it's not the fault of either Zooplus or DPD.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭POBox19

My latest order arrived earlier today. This one took 8 days. DPD tracking link wasn't recognized until last night which isn't a lot of help. Tracking was always up to date prior to Brexit.

It's a pain not knowing how long deliveries are going to take but I guess it's not the fault of either Zooplus or DPD.

I have ordered twice from them recently. Each delivery took 1 week from order. I asked Zooplus where it was coming from and they said the Netherlands. The label on the carton says it was sent from Coventry and delivery is via DPD in the Netherlands. I think that was a reasonable delivery time for a 45kg box of food, which he now sleeps in!

He is happy with the new food.

• Advertisement
Advertisement