Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 7.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭thomil

Deskside as well here. Last week at work, team gets shut down on Friday.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Fifty grades of shay.

thomil wrote: »
    Deskside as well here. Last week at work, team gets shut down on Friday.

Does that mean you are out of work or just reassigned Thom?
    Brightening up nicely here, breakfast time, bacon sambo today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭thomil

Does that mean you are out of work or just reassigned Thom?

It's the end of the line at my current employer. But I've got a new job at another company lined up already, starting next week, barring any last minute snags. And I'll still be raking in the redundancy payment :D

Also, I've known since November, so it's not like it was news for me.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Good, I'm glad you're sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Waiting for me dinner....a feed of Indian. In the restaurant beside my school not long finished work there.

Woke for a pee at 7.58 this morning and as I was getting back into bed thinking could sleep for another 2 hours, my phone started ringing. It was the boss. One of my colleagues rang in sick and they needed me to come in and take his morning classes.

Hopped in the shower and was in the staff room by 8.45.

Did his 3 hours in the morning and my own 3 hours in the afternoon. Then prepped for his class tomorrow and mine too.

Wrecked. Have rehearsals in an hour and may get some of my real job work still too. Dammit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Searching. For that something I can never find. In another place, another time.

Start of my holidays today :):)
    I have taken an extended unpaid holiday so not back to work for 5 weeks. Will spend it all with the boyfriend.
    Roll on Wednesday!!

Hell to the yeah! That's brilliant bubbly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Bedside. Tired, but will be getting up and ready for work shortly

Hope your first day is going well Tg1

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

In work after being off for a week. I can't believe I'm looking at the same stuff that should have been sorted in the last week of me not being here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Back from giving a talk on Nature to a class of Senior Infants. Lord, but they are fun!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,156 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Costa, Santry (#2)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

bubblypop wrote: »
    Start of my holidays today :):)
    I have taken an extended unpaid holiday so not back to work for 5 weeks. Will spend it all with the boyfriend.
    Roll on Wednesday!!

Enjoy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Having a coffee. I’m wrecked. Can’t complain as I’ve had 2 weeks off.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I just had to go and watch GoT at lunch but I still have 30 mins to watch it so I'm deskside with a cup of coffee chomping at the bit to get home :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Homeside - capán tae and bills...in one hand and out the other!

Still I'm not scraping for it and I know nice things can happen out of the blue too.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Break time at the coalface. The day is actually going pretty fast, but can’t wait to get home

Bed. Night all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Home, survived the first day! Actually got a really nice vibe off the company as a whole which hasnt happened in a while. Saved the xcountry phase of the pony Europeans from last year to watch tonight, and badminton horse trials 2019 is on on saturday, happy days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Am finally having a break after a busy day at work followed by technical support for an elderly relative followed by gardening and then a blast of cooking.
    There needs to be more hours in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,024 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

This guy isn’t impressed with the heat

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Trundle trundle, overtired so cold but last night hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

I am in the lair of the leather chair.
    Homeside - capán tae and bills...in one hand and out the other!

Your sig looks like the book of the dead

• Registered Users Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Kitchen table on laptop and spending more time than usual on Boards. The women of the house are heading bedside. TV is crap. Saving my recordings for a later date. So here I find myself.:D

Finally getting my feet up.
    Went over to the neighbours this morning, something had been at his sheep and lambs alright, but I think it may have been foxes or maybe one or two small dogs. They were clearly distressed and some had been pulled at and wool torn off but none killed or badly bitten, hard to know for sure what did it, but he is on shotgun watch now so I hope no stray dogs appear anywhere near him or they will be shot.
    Nothing too heavy on the home front today, just grass management.
    A coffee with a piece of kitkat Easter egg chocolate to help soothe me now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hate being this tired, anyone want to wrap me up in a blanket and mind me?.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,156 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Costa, Liverpool St (#3)

Someone needs to stop me eating or I'm going to have a channel 5 documentary made about me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,817 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Someone needs to stop me eating or I'm going to have a channel 5 documentary made about me.

Don't worry , we'll still love the bones of you ...

Sorry , couldn't resist :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement