Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the weather like in your area 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

That stereotype of farmers constantly going on about the weather is obviously bull****:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,018 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Dull day to match my mood for spreading dung

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Another great day in the south west. Blue skies and flaking sunshine, how long more can it last?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Unreal weather for this time of year, cows are happy out! Living off the ivy we're cutting down I reckon :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Sunset here yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,908 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Lovely morning

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭alps

Good Moon this evening.....another month of good weather?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,640 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I'm feeding weanlings meal in the same spot in the field for the last 2 weeks or so. They're not even marking the ground. Seriously great weather.

'The Bishops blessed the Blueshirts in Galway, As they sailed beneath the Swastika to Spain'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

alps wrote: »
    Good Moon this evening.....another month of good weather?

Frosty. Bury or lag those pipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,343 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

pedigree 6 wrote: »
    Frosty. Bury or lag those pipes.

Giving it wet and cold from thursday

• Advertisement

Set up the shed earlier for the cows to go in tomorrow/Thursday, will be great having them go in dry and with all fields ate down. Fields are in better condition now that they were in the middle of summer!!

Reggie. wrote: »
    Giving it wet and cold from thursday

Not really that much rain.
    Can't really be when it's not coming in from the atlantic.
    This rain is coming from the north.
    https://www.meteoblue.com/en/weather/forecast/week/mullingar_ireland_2962361

But longer term everything seems to be falling in place for the coldest winter in a while. This really is strange weather we are having this year.
    The weather from the atlantic never really got to the east of Ireland this year.
    Southerly and easterly and northerly but not much westerly weather got this far.
    If this trend continues expect very cold conditions. Whatever about any moisture in it.
    I've never seen such as dry an October anyway not even when lads were pulling sugar beet there was always some disruption with weather.
    Looks to be a good year for no worms on this farm, only dosed the calves once this year and was just letting them in a fresh paddock this evening and they were galloping around the paddock and they stopped up beside me and not a cough or heavy draw out of any of them. Will dose again with a different wormer when they come in though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭RightTurnClyde

First frost of the year. Brrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 18,440 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

First frost of the year. Brrrrr

Yea, nice white front here too. But we've had about half dozen white frosts so far. They're just beautiful brights clear skies and fresh air.

Yep, nice frost here too, can pull the turnips soon so! Snowing over in Estonia where the brother is.

Yep, nice frost here too, can pull the turnips soon so! Snowing over in Estonia where the brother is.

Talk of snow in England shortly too

Reggie. wrote: »
    Talk of snow in England shortly too
    I'm heading over there in a few weeks :cool:

whelan2 wrote: »
    I'm heading over there in a few weeks :cool:

Being the skiis

• Registered Users Posts: 4,018 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Beautiful day here. -2 this morning but around 9 all day. Dung all spread and housed the last of the store lambs

I'm freezing all day. I must be coming down with something.
    Temperature got up to 10*c here today. Time for the overalls.

Picture of the sunset this evening.
    2016_11_02_18.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

pedigree 6 wrote: »
    I'm freezing all day. I must be coming down with something.
    Temperature got up to 10*c here today. Time for the overalls.

Picture of the sunset this evening.
    2016_11_02_18.jpg
    That's a great photo, one for the photo thread?

That's a great photo, one for the photo thread?

It's not really an autumnal photo though.
    Ah I'll leave it here.
    Give someone else a chance to win this month.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

dBzNZsL.jpg

A bit earlier than yours, P6.

Daughter had her friend over today , the 2 of them were up in her bed- no funny business they are 12- as they said it was freezing, like 2 old wans . Imagine what they'll be like when it realy is cold

Bit of drizzle this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Absolutely torrential rain for last half hour here in Manorhamilton,undoing the nice dry spell for farmers with heavy soil in one fell swoop:(

Absolutely torrential rain for last half hour here in Manorhamilton,undoing the nice dry spell for farmers with heavy soil in one fell swoop:(

That just hit us maybe ten mins ago, seen a big cloud coming over Masonite and me swearing at a heifer prancing around the neighbours garden!!! Soaked now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭farmerjj

Couple of showers today, but turning artic now, cattle will be coming in soon if it stays like this

• Registered Users Posts: 11,026 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Glorious day ,suns out ,dry and turning cold now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Got a couple of light showers yesterday but a bright dry sunny but cool day down here.

Advertisement