Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Israel want to wipe out the Palestinians?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭Odhinn

markodaly wrote: »
    BDS has a number of loons in their ranks. Seeing as you did not run to Simone O'Broin's defense, I presume you concede that point.

I've no idea about their "loon" count. This person obviously has issues.

Because I am.

Why? Surely you can articulate your position?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,682 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Odhinn wrote: »

Why? Surely you can articulate your position?

A leopard never changes its spot N

2014-09-19-1062sea.png

A leopard never changes its spot N

Why can't you explain yourself?

Why can't you explain yourself?

I'm having a late breakfast.

I'm having a late breakfast.

I'm sure. Why can't you just explain yourself?

• Advertisement

I'm sure. Why can't you just explain yourself?

DVG2I8pXkAAM-if.jpg

You made a statement, I'm asking you to explain it. That's how discussion works. Why are you "ambivalent" about a non-violent movement?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

https:// m. youtube . com /watch?v=QfU_icJ7C1M

An interesting watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ozymandius2011

Congressman Peter King (R-NY) pressuring FF to withdraw its support for the bill banning Irish trade with the Israeli settlements. King spoke to Niall Collins TD about it but so far failed to change his mind.

There are also reports that the notorious Israel Anti Boycott Act, which would impose fines and up to 20 years (!) in prison for supporting a boycott of Israel, may pass Congress during the lameduck session (between the just finished midterms and the new Congress meeting in January).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,368 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Congressman Peter King (R-NY) pressuring FF to withdraw its support for the bill banning Irish trade with the Israeli settlements. King spoke to Niall Collins TD about it but so far failed to change his mind.

There are also reports that the notorious Israel Anti Boycott Act, which would impose fines and up to 20 years (!) in prison for supporting a boycott of Israel, may pass Congress during the lameduck session (between the just finished midterms and the new Congress meeting in January).

Delighted hope it passes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

hmmm I wonder if they'll start to try non-Americans in absentia and use overt threats or misuse of interpol (ala the Russians) to have people extradited to US/Israel?

• Delighted hope it passes!

You support paranoia being enshrined into law by a legislature? The pro-Israeli lobby gets ever more weird..........

• Registered Users Posts: 28,928 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    hmmm I wonder if they'll start to try non-Americans in absentia and use overt threats or misuse of interpol (ala the Russians) to have people extradited to US/Israel?

wouldn't surprise me tbh. the good news however is that it won't work and the boycott will continue, it will grow, and it will succeed. no matter how long it takes, the aims will ultimately be achieved.

shut down alcohol action ireland now! end MUP today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ozymandius2011

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    I would point out that anti BDS laws in Arizona were struck down on First Amendment Grounds. We'll see how this stands up.

It's been a year of steady progress. You can see why the israeli state is getting nervous

https://bdsmovement.net/news/18-highlights-bds-impact-2018

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

It's been a year of steady progress. You can see why the israeli state is getting nervous

https://bdsmovement.net/news/18-highlights-bds-impact-2018

Are there any websites with information on the BDS program. Products, companies etc that should be boycotted?

RustyNut wrote: »
    Are there any websites with information on the BDS program. Products, companies etc that should be boycotted?

Here

https://bdsmovement.net/get-involved/what-to-boycott

Also if you're on facebook "jewish voice for peace" and BDS ireland have updates as regards dissuading artists, sporting events etc as they come up.

https://www.facebook.com/JewishVoiceforPeace/

https://www.facebook.com/BDS-Ireland-950652591660509/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I’ve always said… let Israel open up gaza and give back the lands in the West Bank. When all hell breaks loose from there. They will be able to once and for all wipe them off the face of the earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

mad muffin wrote: »
    They will be able to once and for all wipe them off the face of the earth.
    Explain?

Nixonbot wrote: »
    Explain?

You know what I’m talking about. They want them all gone. Every single one of them. They can’t dtand the sight of them.

A blood fued that goes back to the time Moses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

You know what I’m talking about. They want them all gone. Every single one of them. They can’t dtand the sight of them.

A blood fued that goes back to the time Moses.

Just seems to me that you're actually advocating genocide here.

I’ve always said… let Israel open up gaza and give back the lands in the West Bank. When all hell breaks loose from there. They will be able to once and for all wipe them off the face of the earth.

Just as a matter of interest - why are you advocating genocide?

Not me. I’m
    Not their spokesperson.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,115 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Why did FG oppose this?

Did BDS release a statement on the behavior of Simone O’Broin and her drunken racist rant on board a flight that led to her arrest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Did BDS release a statement on the behavior of Simone O’Broin and her drunken racist rant on board a flight that led to her arrest?

Why not send them a strongly worded email?

why would they? it's irrelevant to the movement and it's work. it's a matter between her and the relevant authorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

After today's massacre, over 55 dead so far. Absolutely no regard for Palestinians basic human rights. What is the end game? Tomorrow marks the 70th anniversary of the Nakba and things are only getting worse. Events in the occupied territories are worse than anything endured in apartheid south Africa. They need support from the ground up from all people as the political will is not there.

Worse than South Africa? How ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

What about the other oppressed people of the world? The rathigans in Burma? Muslims in China? Held in internment camps? Because they are Muslims? Russians in the Baltic republic's? War in yemem
    The Congo?? The Kurds
    Anti semitism !
    That's not to deny the Palestinians don't have a case but God almighty their fellow believers could have easily granted them citizenship if it wasn't a handy distraction from the rampant corruption in their own lands.

• Advertisement

Bobtheman wrote: »
    What about the other oppressed people of the world? The rathigans in Burma? Muslims in China? Held in internment camps? Because they are Muslims? Russians in the Baltic republic's? War in yemem
    The Congo?? The Kurds

what about this, what about that. what about. whataboutery.
    Anti semitism !

nope. criticising israel's criminality is not anti semitism.
    That's not to deny the Palestinians don't have a case but God almighty their fellow believers could have easily granted them citizenship if it wasn't a handy distraction from the rampant corruption in their own lands.

the palestinians are living on their land. the land where they are entitled to live, yet israel keeps stealing slowly but surely.

Advertisement